MPH 2021 Canada

On 3/22/2021 at 3:18 PM, Confusedfrog said:

I received my official offer on Friday and my deadline to accept is the 26th. Someone else said theirs is the 29th so it looks like the deadline depends on when you receive the official offer. 

If you don't mind my asking, are you accepting McMaster? My deadline is Monday... I'm wondering if there is a deposit:P

1 hour ago, Excel725 said:

Congrats!!! What are your stats and experiences if you don't mind sharing?

Nothing special tbh. Final 2 years average is +85%. First 2 years were atrocious. 
Retook my stats course (first time I got a C, second time I got an A). 
Working at a clinic on and off for a couple of years. 
Volunteer at a hospital in first year. 
Research with two professors but neither has been published yet. 
A Habitat for Humanity trip to Alabama.
I am currently working on a thesis.

I think what really helped me was my letter of intent. 

Got accepted into Queen's MPH program.

Stats: 3.54 last 2 years

Took 2 stats courses: Biostatistics A and Statistics- B+

Research experience: over 2 years. Research Assistant on multiple public health related work and biomedical physiology. 

Publications: co-author on 5 abstracts, 1 PNAS journal related to COVID and epidemiology, 1 manuscript. 

Volunteer: community health centre, Research Assistant on a biomedical study, others 

Edited by coolbreeze1997

16 minutes ago, coolbreeze1997 said:

Got accepted into Queen's MPH program.

Stats: 3.54 last 2 years

Took 2 stats courses: Biostatistics A and Statistics- B+

Research experience: over 2 years. Research Assistant on multiple public health related work and biomedical physiology. 

Publications: co-author on 5 abstracts, 1 PNAS journal related to COVID and epidemiology, 1 manuscript. 

Volunteer: community health centre, Research Assistant on a biomedical study, others 

When did you hear back?

Does anyone have insight into the MPH at Mac vs Queen's? Just got an offer for Queen's and feeling super grateful but conflicted now...

Both are 16-month programs with practicum; Queen's seems to have more elective options on their website but Mac has the option of replacing a couple electives with an additional part-time practicum; and location is different of course which could mean varying availability of practicums. If anyone has any further insight, I'd really appreciate it!!

5 minutes ago, Shwemih said:

Is anyone still waiting from Alberta, Waterloo, Guelph and Lakehead MPH programs at this point?

Im still waiting on Alberta ? ?  apparently decisions come out April so fingers crossed next week or shortly after

Has anyone ever figured out how many people get waitlisted for Mac? I know someone mentioned earlier that they had 800 applicants this year and they have 25 (FT) and 5 (PT) spots. So technically, do they just send their top 25 applicants offers and waitlist another 10-15 people in case those applicants reject the offer? I'm new to this and would appreciate some insights since waiting to hear back till July seems long.

Edited by BEN29