MPH 2021 Canada

32 minutes ago, AlChuck said:

UAlberta "pre-screening" folks: is there any hope left or are we all just waiting for a rejection?  Have our applications even been reviewed by the admissions committee?  Will they ever?  Will we go directly from pre-screening to rejected?  Did we get our references to write those letters for nothing?  Will anyone even read them?  I'm getting a tad bitter about this.

I've decided that I'm rejected. I think they probably looked at our applications but it never went under actual review.

7 minutes ago, Maha M said:

I've decided that I'm rejected. I think they probably looked at our applications but it never went under actual review.

Yeah.  I think I'm just going through the 5 stages of rejection.  I've made it to anger.

Hi everyone, I'm a prospective 2022 applicant gunning for an MPH Health Promotion at the UofA. 

I have a 3.4 GPA in my last two years, and I have a lot of work/volunteer experience in social sciences and two years worth of research experience (2 poster presentations, and a publication I hope will come very soon). Do I stand a chance in admissions? Thank you.

6 hours ago, AlChuck said:

UAlberta "pre-screening" folks: is there any hope left or are we all just waiting for a rejection?  Have our applications even been reviewed by the admissions committee?  Will they ever?  Will we go directly from pre-screening to rejected?  Did we get our references to write those letters for nothing?  Will anyone even read them?  I'm getting a tad bitter about this.

I’m under pre-screening for one stream and under review for the second. I don’t understand their methods and I wish they would either reject me or tell me when they’re gonna reject me ??

41 minutes ago, brzy said:

I’m under pre-screening for one stream and under review for the second. I don’t understand their methods and I wish they would either reject me or tell me when they’re gonna reject me ??

I've been under review since like forever. By looking at the trends from past years, I'm expecting a rejection between the 15th-20th of April.

6 minutes ago, cheesecakelover said:

I've been under review since like forever. By looking at the trends from past years, I'm expecting a rejection between the 15th-20th of April.

damn :// i’m assuming that the acceptances have all gone out before that then? 

1 hour ago, brzy said:

damn :// i’m assuming that the acceptances have all gone out before that then? 

My assumptions are just as good as yours honestly. I applied to health policy and I've heard that the cohorts are pretty small, so I would think that all spots would be full by now? My application is also not very strong so I will not be surprised if I receive a rejection. Just wish they would inform me in a timely manner. 

18 minutes ago, kalebeans said:

For the folks who are accepting a U of T MPH offer, did you receive a confirmation from the graduate unit after you emailed your confirmation form? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!

Did you apply to health promo or Epi?

1 hour ago, kalebeans said:

For the folks who are accepting a U of T MPH offer, did you receive a confirmation from the graduate unit after you emailed your confirmation form? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything!

hey!! :D i received a confirmation from the graduate assistant a couple hours after emailing my confirmation form!! (i applied to epi though and i see that you mentioned you applied to health promo so i'm not sure if it would be different for you)

maybe if you're close to the acceptance date and haven't heard anything at all from them, email one more time just in case for confirmation, but i wouldn't worry otherwise!! :)

2 hours ago, kalebeans said:

Yes! I got one the next day.

Got update from UoA "Thank you for your application to the School of Public Health, University of Alberta. We appreciate your patience throughout this process. Many highly qualified students applied for admission to our department, we regret that your application to our graduate program was unsuccessful."

3 minutes ago, rko said:

Got update from UoA "Thank you for your application to the School of Public Health, University of Alberta. We appreciate your patience throughout this process. Many highly qualified students applied for admission to our department, we regret that your application to our graduate program was unsuccessful."

ugh sorry to hear. Was your application under review or pre-screening? 

Edited by GAmanda