DrPH applicants Fall 2021

h1n1_

4 minutes ago, Ajrw said:

Hi all! I am feeling extraordinarily lucky as I received acceptance at UNC and Hopkins and I am now trying to sort out which would be the best fit to attend. I am feeling one is a better curriculum/personality fit and the other is a better fit for my life/schedule/finances. Would any current students be willing to talk with me? I think I recall @DrPH2025and @BigTuna saying you're currently in these programs. If you wouldn't mind me sending you a direct message I'd be so appreciative!

I am also getting the sense none of the DrPH programs have financial aid options but wondering if anyone else has insight into that. Or tips on how to have those conversations. Apologies if this is the incorrect thread for this conversation!

Congrats!! That is awesome. 

39 minutes ago, Ajrw said:

Hi all! I am feeling extraordinarily lucky as I received acceptance at UNC and Hopkins and I am now trying to sort out which would be the best fit to attend. I am feeling one is a better curriculum/personality fit and the other is a better fit for my life/schedule/finances. Would any current students be willing to talk with me? I think I recall @DrPH2025and @BigTuna saying you're currently in these programs. If you wouldn't mind me sending you a direct message I'd be so appreciative!

I am also getting the sense none of the DrPH programs have financial aid options but wondering if anyone else has insight into that. Or tips on how to have those conversations. Apologies if this is the incorrect thread for this conversation!

For posterity, at this time UNC doesn't do any financial aid for the DrPH. However, occasionally we get emails for smaller scholarships that can be a nice gift but are small compared to the total cost. The most common form of financial assistance is employer tuition assistance (or none).

I'll DM you my email.

11 minutes ago, HopeFaithandDrPH said:

Thank you! Ive heard great things.

Congrats!! If you decide to go to USF, please DM me! I’ll be in the PhD program and I’m sure we’ll have classes together. It’ll be nice to have an ally going in! 

Is anyone else on here considering/going to UNC's executive drph? I am heavily leaning that way (hopkins is the other possibility) pending figuring out financing. Would love to talk with anyone else going or considering!

On 3/9/2021 at 1:12 PM, Jungle345 said:

Rutger DrPH applicants— did y’all every get a “application under review” type email? I only got a “application received” email back in Dec. however, I know that I’ve completed all the requirements so I just wanted to check to see what the norm was. Thanks. 

Hi, Did you receive a generic information session email from Rutgers for a whole range of public health programs? Kind of strange to see this come in while we are waiting for decisions. Have you heard anything back from them? Thanks. 

7 minutes ago, KetchupandMayo said:

Hi, Did you receive a generic information session email from Rutgers for a whole range of public health programs? Kind of strange to see this come in while we are waiting for decisions. Have you heard anything back from them? Thanks. 

Yes I did! I saw Rutgers at first and thought they were finally sending the decision but nope! Just info sessions haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just formally declined hopkins DrPH and accepted UNC DrPH program. Would love to connect with others heading to UNC! And good luck to those of you on waitlists, hoping something comes through for you soon!

Hey all, 

I forgot to update as decision were coming in- things got a little busy. I ended up with 2 rejections, 1 waitlist, and 2 admission offers. I accepted the offer from Hopkins DrPH Health Policy track. I would love to connect with anyone else that's going to be starting this summer : )

Cheers!

23 hours ago, rhododendron said:

Hey all, 

I forgot to update as decision were coming in- things got a little busy. I ended up with 2 rejections, 1 waitlist, and 2 admission offers. I accepted the offer from Hopkins DrPH Health Policy track. I would love to connect with anyone else that's going to be starting this summer : )

Cheers!

Congratulations!! I wound up choosing UNC but I would have been health policy track as well. Would love to talk to another person interested in health policy! 

• 4 months later...

Hi All, I'm planning for DrPH starting next year, Summer 2022. I'm interested in online programs as I plan to work FT. 

JHU concentration "Global Health: Policy and Evaluation" is something I'm keenly interested in. Are there people here who are from JHU DrPH 2021 batch or know anyone from this concentration?

Your help will be appreciated!