DrPH applicants Fall 2021

h1n1_

Congratulations on getting into Hopkins @EnviroDrPH-PhD, @Challenge2025 @HopeFaithandDrPH and @DrPH or Bust  !!!

I posted it in the other thread that I'm on the wait list for Hopkins, but I'm overjoyed by that! 

My stats - 

2.6 undergrad GPA,

3.6 MPH (7 years to finish)

No publications

26th percentile Quant scores on the GRE...

I am NOT the typical candidate on this forum. But I do know that ALL things are possible! I'm so excited for you all!

Edited by IAAJ
Just adding names for all of yall who got in!!!

Huge congrats to all those getting acceptances today! It's been an excruciating wait, and I am so glad we have some news trickling out. 

Looks like I'll be regrouping this year and figuring out where my applications went wrong. Thankfully, I still have a job that I love and can keep making a difference. The rejections still sting a bit.

Rejections:

• Columbia DrPH Epi
  • JHU DrPH Global Health 

Pending (No Correspondence):

• GW DrPH Global Health
Edited by bluejayfang

7 hours ago, DrPHwanted said:

Unfortunately didn't make the cut this year at Hopkins, but I'm as motivated as ever for next cycle! Would the folks who got into the program mind sharing some of their stats? Thanks and congrats to everyone that got in!

So sorry to hear that, and wishing you the best for the next cycle! Do you mind if I ask which track you applied for? I wonder if some things may matter more than others based on the track. I was leadership track health policy concentration and will dm you my stats.

Just now, daniellenicolle said:

let me know when you do! Im anxiously checking my email. Do we find out through SOPHAS as well?

I believe it'll be on the applygrad portal that we supplemental app to, and I think they'll do an email notice.

Just heard back from GW. Got rejected... But I'm alright with it! Still waiting for Rutgers and BU. 

Glad to be one step closer to finalizing where I'll be in the fall!

Congrats @DrPH or Bust on UT Health (and Hopkins)! I deferred my DrPH admission in Houston, but just moved to NYC for work and so I applied to NYU before the 2/1 deadline. My application hasn't had any movement. I was told by admissions that interviews/decisions would begin in mid-March, and so now I am worried that I'm just waiting on a formal rejection, which would mean moving back to Houston for school next year. 

Did they indicate to you when they'll be making decisions? Congrats on your interview! Their program sounds phenomenal.

8 minutes ago, DrPHCatLady said:

Congrats @DrPH or Bust on UT Health (and Hopkins)! I deferred my DrPH admission in Houston, but just moved to NYC for work and so I applied to NYU before the 2/1 deadline. My application hasn't had any movement. I was told by admissions that interviews/decisions would begin in mid-March, and so now I am worried that I'm just waiting on a formal rejection, which would mean moving back to Houston for school next year. 

Did they indicate to you when they'll be making decisions? Congrats on your interview! Their program sounds phenomenal.

Thanks!  I had my NYU interview today.  They hope to have decisions out by the end of this month, though it's not set in stone.  It sounds like a really nice program with lots of potential.

Rutger DrPH applicants— did y’all every get a “application under review” type email? I only got a “application received” email back in Dec. however, I know that I’ve completed all the requirements so I just wanted to check to see what the norm was. Thanks. 

Edited by Jungle345

2 hours ago, Jungle345 said:

Rutger DrPH applicants— did y’all every get a “application under review” type email? I only got a “application received” email back in Dec. however, I know that I’ve completed all the requirements so I just wanted to check to see what the norm was. Thanks. 

I only received a "we have received your application" email. Nothing else after that. 

On 3/5/2021 at 7:13 PM, IAAJ said:

Just heard back from GW. Got rejected... But I'm alright with it! Still waiting for Rutgers and BU. 

Glad to be one step closer to finalizing where I'll be in the fall!

Got wait listed for BU! So for those who are still waiting, I assume you'll hear shortly.

I interviewed and I think the interview went well, there were just a lot of awesome folks applying this year. So I still feel happy about being on the wait list. 

Accepted: Tulane

Waitlisted: Hopkins & BU

Rejected: GW

Still waiting: Rutgers

Hoping to get a decision from Rutgers by the end of the week (HOPEFULLY lol)

Does anyone have information regarding UNC DrPH and wait listing? I am curious how they would handle a few applicants declining and would that open up spots for someone that was rejected. This is the first time for me applying beyond MPH and would appreciate feedback. I honestly only applied to one program but will cast a wider net next year. 

17 minutes ago, DrPH2021 said:

Does anyone have information regarding UNC DrPH and wait listing? I am curious how they would handle a few applicants declining and would that open up spots for someone that was rejected. This is the first time for me applying beyond MPH and would appreciate feedback. I honestly only applied to one program but will cast a wider net next year. 

UNC has 15 spots for the DrPH. Most people accept but if people decline then they would get someone else to fill the spot. It's an amazing program.

Hi all! I am feeling extraordinarily lucky as I received acceptance at UNC and Hopkins and I am now trying to sort out which would be the best fit to attend. I am feeling one is a better curriculum/personality fit and the other is a better fit for my life/schedule/finances. Would any current students be willing to talk with me? I think I recall @DrPH2025and @BigTuna saying you're currently in these programs. If you wouldn't mind me sending you a direct message I'd be so appreciative!

I am also getting the sense none of the DrPH programs have financial aid options but wondering if anyone else has insight into that. Or tips on how to have those conversations. Apologies if this is the incorrect thread for this conversation!