Fall 2021 Developmental Psychology

khnhle2

I am so glad to see a developmental psych thread. I only applied to three total programs (2 dev psy and one global health) at UCB, UCD, and UCSF. Starting to see a small trickle of people getting interview contacts and I am getting so nervous. I just want this whole process to be over with. I saw one other UCB candidate, did anyone else apply to UCD?

12 hours ago, devpsycnmore said:

Did anyone apply to UToronto? I just received an email that says my application is deemed admissible. Not really sure what that means though.

I received that too. I guess it just means they have received and checked all the materials uploaded and would send the application to faculty members for review.

1 hour ago, Alligator97 said:

I have an interview with UT-Austin psychology this week. I'm not sure what stage it really is though! I guess these virtual interviews always happen before the big, in-person, fly you out for the weekend, ones?

Yes, I would say to definitely expect virtual interviews between now and February, and then selected students may be invited to attend an in person event (hopefully!). However, be prepared to pay your own way up front, and then wait for possible partial reimbursement (my interview was in February and it was the end of April before I got my check)

10 hours ago, caitlynthomas said:

Anyone else apply to University of Minnesota? I don't expect to hear anything for awhile but I'm curious if anyone else applied!

I did! I applied to the Clinical Science concentration of their Developmental Psych Program. I think their website mentioned that they don’t even send out invites until January - ugh!

Just now, bridonovan said:

I did! I applied to the Clinical Science concentration of their Developmental Psych Program. I think their website mentioned that they don’t even send out invites until January - ugh!

Nice! I did developmental science! Yeah I saw that, I don’t think they do interviews either before accepting which is kinda scary!!! 

Hopefully we’ll see each other there this fall!!

I just had my first preliminary interview for Ohio State! If anyone else applied, my PI said they should be sending out formal interview invites within the next week for the second week in January (exact date not specified), and that the department requires them to have their final decisions submitted by Martin Luther King Day?

Wish every department moved this fast lol

Thank you to everyone who is sharing here.

I am an applicant from Turkey. I applied for Wisconsin-Madison, Michigan, UPenn, UofToronto Developmental Psychology programs.

I have an informal interview next week with Michigan. Nothing heard from others.

Edited by sparkus

6 hours ago, sparkus said:

Thank you to everyone who is sharing here.

I am an applicant from Turkey. I applied for Wisconsin-Madison, Michigan, UPenn, UofToronto Developmental Psychology programs.

I have an informal interview next week with Michigan. Nothing heard from others.

Congrats! I applied to Michigan, haven't heard yet :(

Edited by Alligator97

On 12/25/2020 at 11:37 AM, Alligator97 said:

Congrats! I applied to Michigan, haven't heard yet :(

I haven't heard anything from Michigan either. Just received a generic rejection email from UCB, which is kinda disappointed. The next few months are prob gonna be really nerve-wrecking so wishing everyone good luck!

On 12/23/2020 at 10:04 PM, Alligator97 said:

I realize this thread is pretty quiet but I figured it might be helpful to keep updating it. So far I have received official recruitment weekend invites from BC and UT-Austin, and I had informal interviews with Duke and Brown. Anyone heard from UVA?

Congrats!!

I also applied to BC, but unfortunately didn't hear anything yet, was this email from the department or was it from a POI?

On 12/23/2020 at 10:04 PM, Alligator97 said:

I realize this thread is pretty quiet but I figured it might be helpful to keep updating it. So far I have received official recruitment weekend invites from BC and UT-Austin, and I had informal interviews with Duke and Brown. Anyone heard from UVA?

Congrats! That's super promising.

Curious when you heard back from Duke? I guess not hearing about an informal interview would mean a no for the recruitment weekends? 

Edited by ap94

7 hours ago, ap94 said:

Congrats! That's super promising.

Curious when you heard back from Duke? I guess not hearing about an informal interview would mean a no for the recruitment weekends? 

I initially heard from Duke like two weeks after applying, but this morning my POI invited me to the official interview weekend! However he did tell me that more info from the department won't be released until later this week.

Is anyone else interviewing for Ohio State this week? I received an email last Tuesday with a formal interview invite saying interviews would take place Jan 7th and 8th with a schedule to come "within the week". I RSVP'd but have yet to receive any sort of schedule/Zoom invites and it is officially a week later (and 5pm in Columbus...) getting nervous they forgot about me lol

On 1/5/2021 at 4:57 PM, phdhopeful96 said:

Is anyone else interviewing for Ohio State this week? I received an email last Tuesday with a formal interview invite saying interviews would take place Jan 7th and 8th with a schedule to come "within the week". I RSVP'd but have yet to receive any sort of schedule/Zoom invites and it is officially a week later (and 5pm in Columbus...) getting nervous they forgot about me lol

Did you ever hear back about your interview? Whose lab are you applying for? I'm also applying to OSU. I'm so nervous!