Fall 2021 Developmental Psychology

khnhle2

5 hours ago, sunluck21 said:

Has anyone heard from the UCLA developmental psychology? I didn't get interview invitations nor rejection. I knew that they already did all interviews. Should I be expecting a rejection decision anyway? Thanks!

Not specific to UCLA, but in general, if you haven't received a rejection letter by now, you may be on someone's waitlist. Meaning, they are waiting for the candidates that have been made offers to accept or decline before they send you anything.  If you weren't immediately rejected by the grad school or program, these schools will wait until all positions are filled, or the April 15 deadline, to send the final rejection letters, whichever comes first. 

It's not unheard of to get offers as late as March or April, for students who are on waitlists. You will also get a wave of general rejection letters at this time, as they purge their rolls - I got three separate emails of rejection from one university last year, at 3 different times. It's kind of a mess.

It's painful to wait. I know. If you know for a fact that interviews are done and offers are out, you could reach out to the program coordinator to check the status of your app. Worst case scenario, they tell you that you are not being considered and you can cross it off your list and stop worrying about it. 

9 hours ago, sunluck21 said:

Has anyone heard from the UCLA developmental psychology? I didn't get interview invitations nor rejection. I knew that they already did all interviews. Should I be expecting a rejection decision anyway? Thanks!

I was at the interviews on 2/4-2/5. I got an unofficial acceptance from my POI this past Friday. She says the official acceptance will come within the next few weeks. I know it sucks (I am in the same boat at a couple of other schools), but I would probably expect a rejection at this point. It is possible that you may be on a waitlist. You can also DM me, and I can tell you whether your PI had candidates at the interview day.  

13 hours ago, SocDevMum said:

Not specific to UCLA, but in general, if you haven't received a rejection letter by now, you may be on someone's waitlist. Meaning, they are waiting for the candidates that have been made offers to accept or decline before they send you anything.  If you weren't immediately rejected by the grad school or program, these schools will wait until all positions are filled, or the April 15 deadline, to send the final rejection letters, whichever comes first. 

It's not unheard of to get offers as late as March or April, for students who are on waitlists. You will also get a wave of general rejection letters at this time, as they purge their rolls - I got three separate emails of rejection from one university last year, at 3 different times. It's kind of a mess.

It's painful to wait. I know. If you know for a fact that interviews are done and offers are out, you could reach out to the program coordinator to check the status of your app. Worst case scenario, they tell you that you are not being considered and you can cross it off your list and stop worrying about it. 

Thank you very much for sharing the information with me! I will wait for another week, and reach out the check my app status. Thank you for your support! means a lot to me!

9 hours ago, jess_jess said:

I was at the interviews on 2/4-2/5. I got an unofficial acceptance from my POI this past Friday. She says the official acceptance will come within the next few weeks. I know it sucks (I am in the same boat at a couple of other schools), but I would probably expect a rejection at this point. It is possible that you may be on a waitlist. You can also DM me, and I can tell you whether your PI had candidates at the interview day.  

Thank you for sharing this with me! WOW! Congratulations!!!

Being on a waitlist is better than rejection I guess. I will wait for another week. Thanks!

On 2/24/2021 at 8:09 PM, devlife said:

Has anyone heard from Georgetown post-interviews? 

I got an informal offer over the phone last week. I think they're calling folks slowly since georgetown's funding structure is guaranteeing 12 month contracts all 5 years, so they'll have to get all the financial packages together, which requires solid commitments from the students. 

On 2/26/2021 at 3:46 PM, psychlife1 said:

I got an informal offer over the phone last week. I think they're calling folks slowly since georgetown's funding structure is guaranteeing 12 month contracts all 5 years, so they'll have to get all the financial packages together, which requires solid commitments from the students. 

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing! ?

On 2/22/2021 at 12:20 AM, SpoopyScholar said:

Anyone interviewed with the University of Pittsburgh and heard back? I saw some clinical students have already been offered acceptance and all psych students interviewed together at the same interview weekend event.

Hi! I interviewed with Pitt on Feb 12-13, and still didn't hear back. How about you? 

39 minutes ago, Psychif said:

Hi! I interviewed with Pitt on Feb 12-13, and still didn't hear back. How about you? 

Hi yes, I heard back with an acceptance on the 22nd of February and got my official finance package offer on March 3rd.

15 minutes ago, SpoopyScholar said:

Hi yes, I heard back with an acceptance on the 22nd of February and got my official finance package offer on March 3rd.

Congratulations!! You heard back pretty early. In my case, there were only 4 interviewees with the PI, and 2 will be selected. I do not know why they haven't informed me yet.

Hey all! I’m a little late to the game but does anyone know of any programs that have faculty interested in neurodevelopmental disabilities or irritability? In particular, I am most interested in the psychosocial development of children with ADHD, ODD, and ASD.

3 hours ago, Psychif said:

Congratulations!! You heard back pretty early. In my case, there were only 4 interviewees with the PI, and 2 will be selected. I do not know why they haven't informed me yet.

Yeah, there were only 3 people interviewing to work with my PI so maybe that made the decision a bit faster. I hope you hear something soon, either way! I think sitting in that period of unknowing is the most difficult part! Best of luck!

4 minutes ago, SpoopyScholar said:

Yeah, there were only 3 people interviewing to work with my PI so maybe that made the decision a bit faster. I hope you hear something soon, either way! I think sitting in that period of unknowing is the most difficult part! Best of luck!

Tell me about it... Waiting it out is the worst.

Thank you for good wishes!