2021 Applicants Forum

teasel

I've always found Columbus to be a safe choice for anyone wanting to live in a "metropolis" without many of the hindrances or weaknesses that come with such a title.  Ohioans are, deep down, hometown folk.  In the combined 7 or so years I spent in Ohio, I never once had an issue...  with anything.  Granted, that's my experience, but there it is.

Again, it's really just the football madness that pollutes the city come game day, but the coffeehouses, bars, and parks or hiking trails provide more than suitable respite from it all.

If you do choose C-bus, I highly recommend you stop by the Kerouac Cafe: drinks named after authors with thematically-relevant flavors.  It's a gas.  The Book Loft in the German Village is manna from heaven embodied in a labyrinthine bookstore.  The Gateway Film Center has a membership and they receive tons of indies as well as midnight screenings of shlock, exploitation, and '80s-'90s re-releases.  Classics too.  Ah, and the art museum (worked there for a bit when I first moved) has a lot of intriguing stuff from lesser-known artists and, I thought, interesting curation of works from the well-known ones.

Edited by oubukibun

16 minutes ago, SMSM1229 said:

Keep your head up! Not hearing back is better than hearing back with a "no" :)

14 minutes ago, koechophe said:

Honestly, there are days where I would just prefer the "no" lol. 

I’m in between these two moods right now ? Being hopeful and being antsy for a decision/response.

Got a reject email from Lauren Grodstein at Rutgers Camden, which was weird, bc they posted the decision a few days ago. For a moment, I thought the email was going to say, "Wait, we made a mistake," (lol) but alack not...

Also, got a waitlist at McNeese State. 

Tally now: 2a/1w/5r/4p

Edited by Boomer not Ok

36 minutes ago, SMSM1229 said:

Any word on when we may hear back from CU?

No word yet /: Seems like there’s been a fiction phone call on the results though so they’ve definitely been going out ?

3 minutes ago, SMSM1229 said:

Where did you see something about phone calls? 

The gradcafe results page! The 6th result is a Columbia fiction call! Unless you’re talking about a different CU?

7 minutes ago, iai said:

The gradcafe results page! The 6th result is a Columbia fiction call! Unless you’re talking about a different CU?

I didn't even know there was a page for that! ? Could you send the link please? Sorry I'm super new to gradcafe!?

Edited by SMSM1229

1 minute ago, SMSM1229 said:

I didn't even know there was a page for that! ? Could you send the link please? Sorry I'm super new to gradcafe!?

No worries! Do you really want it though? Refreshing this page can become quite an obsessive thing ?

https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=Creative+writing&t=t&o=&pp=25

^I have it set to only the last two days but you can change it to see results from “all time.”

Edited by iai

1 hour ago, Ydrl said:

Hahahahaha Virginia Tech's decision letter told me that the reason for my rejection was that there wasn't enough spaces available. Damn lol.

Sorry to hear that, that's who you were hoping for right?

17 hours ago, omgalexx said:

I emailed UC riverside about when decisions are coming out. They let me know they were still working on it but didn’t give a timeline ...

I'm so glad you emailed to ask! Still waiting on an update (fiction applicant)

3 minutes ago, omgalexx said:

I'm a CNF applicant! I wish they had given some sense of timeline. It feels so late.

I just looked on Draft -- it looks like someone from Fiction found out they were on the waitlist last week.

2 hours ago, Cristie said:

Sorry to hear that, that's who you were hoping for right?

Nah, I'm waiting on Maryland and am waiting for my Florida rejection since I see that one is out already.

4 minutes ago, helterskelter said:

Anyone here still waiting for Rutgers Newark? I know they interviewed people at the end of February so I guess that means that at this point they'll just be sending out rejections, right?

Yeah they've already done acceptances and waitlists.

Did Columbia fiction acceptances all go out today? So confused about their notification process... I e-mailed earlier today but didn’t hear back. 

Edited by M-Lin