(General/All) Psychology Applicants for Fall 2021

hopelessoptimist

I'm applying to a Behavior Analysis PhD program and they officially posted on their website that the GRE is NOT needed. I have never been happier and I truly feel like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders hhaaha. My research interests include contingency management as an intervention for substance users, behavioral economics, and a new interested in Organizational behavior management! 

• 1 month later...

I am going to apply for Fall 2021 PhD Psychology in Canada and USA. My research interest is in the neuropsychology of aging. Particularly, I am interested to study the impact of healthy and pathological aging brain on memory processes and the strategies to improve brain function in order to reduce the risk of developing amnesic mild cognitive impairment (aMCI) or Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) in older adults.

Does anyone know some universities in Canada and USA that have supervisors with research interests aligned with mine?

Cheers,

Jessica

On 9/30/2020 at 2:30 PM, Jessica2020 said:

I am going to apply for Fall 2021 PhD Psychology in Canada and USA. My research interest is in the neuropsychology of aging. Particularly, I am interested to study the impact of healthy and pathological aging brain on memory processes and the strategies to improve brain function in order to reduce the risk of developing amnesic mild cognitive impairment (aMCI) or Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) in older adults.

Does anyone know some universities in Canada and USA that have supervisors with research interests aligned with mine?

Cheers,

Jessica

Hello,

I know that U of Manitoba and UVic (Canada)  have several labs with neuropsychology of aging themes in their clinical programs, as well as York (they have a neuropsych track as well). I'm sure there are others - maybe start looking at programs that offer a neuropsych track?

Hope this helps!

On 10/2/2020 at 5:32 PM, SoundofSilence said:

Hello,

I know that U of Manitoba and UVic (Canada)  have several labs with neuropsychology of aging themes in their clinical programs, as well as York (they have a neuropsych track as well). I'm sure there are others - maybe start looking at programs that offer a neuropsych track?

Hope this helps!

I will try to do that! thanks a lot!

I just graduated from Harvard in May :) Most of the PhD programs I am considering are in applied psychology, but I am also looking at social/personality psychology programs! 

If anyone has any suggestions on applied psych programs that would be amazing, particularly programs that are more or less funded!! I'm already considering NYU, Northwestern, TC Columbia, BC Lynch School, BU, UVA, UChicago and UW. 

Edited by Annie_HGSE

Hi! I'm applying to PhD programs in both Cognitive Psychology and Educational Psychology. Most schools are not requiring GRE scores but some schools say it is encouraged. I have taken the GRE (multiple times) and don't have the best scores. Should I still send them to the schools that are only suggesting you submit them?

On 10/14/2020 at 3:03 PM, LostPsych said:

Hi! I'm applying to PhD programs in both Cognitive Psychology and Educational Psychology. Most schools are not requiring GRE scores but some schools say it is encouraged. I have taken the GRE (multiple times) and don't have the best scores. Should I still send them to the schools that are only suggesting you submit them?

I would say no. I watched Mitch Prinstein's youtube video (I think someone linked to it here) and he said he wouldn't recommend sending them unless you are something like 76th percentile or above. Unless they will add something really positive to your application, don't send them.