(Canada 2021) MPP/MPA Applications

BTF

Has anyone heard from Munk or followed up with them recently? Was hoping to have some clarity on the status of my application by now. I know someone a few weeks ago mentioned they said they are hoping to send offers mid-late March, but was wondering if anyone has contacted them since and received a more specific timeline.

32 minutes ago, FMBY said:

Has anyone heard from Munk or followed up with them recently? Was hoping to have some clarity on the status of my application by now. I know someone a few weeks ago mentioned they said they are hoping to send offers mid-late March, but was wondering if anyone has contacted them since and received a more specific timeline.

I checked threads from previous years and noticed that Munk sent out the first round of acceptances between March 13-15. Hope that helps.

Anyone hear from McGill? The first batch of acceptance letters were sent out four weeks ago, waiting for the next batch of response to come out... How long does it usually take between each set of responses in general for rolling admissions? 

Edited by canadian02

1 hour ago, residenttomalito said:

Is anyone else having trouble picking between Waterloo and Carleton?

Haha! I would agree -- but the scholarship from Carleton is making the decision a bit easy. But, let us see!

2 hours ago, Oknight said:

If I haven't heard back from a couple universities, would that mean it's going to be a rejection? I'm still waiting to hear back from Queens, Waterloo, York and Dalhousie. 

Hey Oknight, I believe Queen's and Waterloo have sent the first round of acceptances. I faintly recall that someone mentioned getting offer from York as well. That being said, there would be second round of acceptances as well in coming weeks as people finalize their offers and thus, free up space in the programs they are not going to take. I hope this helps - wishing the best!

hi Everyone, 

stopped lurking and logged in! ? I'm also waiting on the UVic MPA Online program - if anyone has received their acceptance from the UVic MPA Online program, feel free to share your stats.

All the best to all involved! :)

1 hour ago, Yellbell said:

Choosing between York Masters in Political Science and Queens MPA? Any thoughts..?

MPA is a professional degree, MA Political Science is academic. If you want to be in policy, especially for the Ontario Public Service, Queen's is a no-brainer and has decades of experience. Idk about York so it wouldn't be fair for me to comment but I can't imagine it's stronger than Queen's if public service is your goal.

Question for you lovely folks. Did any one else receive an admission offer for the MPPA program at Carleton with no funding/scholarship information on it? I did and I was a bit surprised considering that when I last applied for the program a couple of years ago my admission letter had indicated that I was to receive funding. 

45 minutes ago, GradSchoolHopeful2021 said:

Question for you lovely folks. Did any one else receive an admission offer for the MPPA program at Carleton with no funding/scholarship information on it? I did and I was a bit surprised considering that when I last applied for the program a couple of years ago my admission letter had indicated that I was to receive funding. 

Several students get admitted without funding. Each cohort is different, maybe you had a better application compared to others last time around and maybe the opposite happened this year. I've heard this year has been a bit more competitive than other cohorts as more people are applying.

You can always call and ask the admin about it.

16 minutes ago, Sezistaka said:

Hello everyone, 

Just wondering that anyone get a MPP offer from Munk? Waiting is anxious. 

10 minutes ago, ksp said:

Still waiting for Munk as well. :( 

Hey guys, apologies if you already know about this, but munk is actively being discussed on this forum - 

Edited by Ball_D

On 2/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, residenttomalito said:

To people who received offers of admission to 

- Waterloo MPS

- Munk School 

- Carleton SSPA 

When do admissions usually come out? I know it is different every year but I just want a general sense of when to expect decisions.

Got offered admissions second week of March, via email from program director.  I didn't apply to any of those other programs. I ended up applying to 4 other programs for urban planning.

I know some people heard starting last week of February. Im sure the next round of admissions go out in April. So goodluck :)

On 2/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, Mango74 said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to Waterloo MPS.

just wondering, when did you guys apply? I submitted everything in the first week of Jan but I just had one reference who submitted a LOR in Feb.  

I applied January 28th. Ref 1 was done Feb 1st, and Ref 2 was submitted Feb 20th. Unofficial offer came at the end of the second week of march for me