(Canada 2021) MPP/MPA Applications

BTF

11 minutes ago, Mango74 said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to Waterloo MPS.

just wondering, when did you guys apply? I submitted everything in the first week of Jan but I just had one reference who submitted a LOR in Feb.  

Thank you! I submitted my application in December, and so did two of my academic references.

My employer submitted theirs in February though. There's still rest of today and tomorrow, hope you hear back as well ?

Edited by ZabiQs

8 hours ago, Mango74 said:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to Waterloo MPS.

just wondering, when did you guys apply? I submitted everything in the first week of Jan but I just had one reference who submitted a LOR in Feb.  

MPS application timeline:

• My online application was submitted on December 12th
  • Academic References were submitted in late December/early January.
  • I submitted my Statement and Resume on February 14th (last day to submit). 
  • My professional reference was submitted on February 21st (last day to submit)

They are likely sending out emails to everyone one by one, hopefully you hear from them soon.

To those who received a offer from Carleton yesterday - how long was the status of your app listed as" Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" before you received a decision and when did you get in your app! Also congratulations I hope the offer was met your expectations.

Edited by PTBOWater

4 minutes ago, PTBOWater said:

To those who received a offer from Carleton yesterday - how long was the status of your app listed as" Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs" before you received a decision and when did you get in your app! Also congratulations I hope the offer was met your expectations.

What does your portal say, curious? Mine changed from recommended for assessment to in review 

1 minute ago, residenttomalito said:

What does your portal say, curious? Mine changed from recommended for assessment to in review 

My status went from "recommended for assessment" to "review in progress by faculty of graduate & postdoc affairs" today. Here are the different statuses that will appear as the app is processed. https://graduate.carleton.ca/application-status/

56 minutes ago, residenttomalito said:

Did yours go to "in review by Faculty and Postdoc affairs" or "in review by the department"? Mine went from "recommended for assessment" to "in review by the department" which I'm a bit worried about because that is listed as a stage previous on the status page so it seems like my application went back a step

9 hours ago, Wicca said:

Hi folks. New here. Was wondering if anybody had insights as to when Munk normally sends out rejections/acceptances. Also, has anybody else applied to the MPIA program at Glendon (York)? Thanks!

I've heard beginning-to-mid March for the MPP program at Munk. Though a previous poster got admitted to the MGA program a couple of weeks ago, in case you might've been referring to that

4 minutes ago, 1m26c4u said:

I've heard beginning-to-mid March for the MPP program at Munk. Though a previous poster got admitted to the MGA program a couple of weeks ago, in case you might've been referring to that

My bad! I should’ve clarified that I was speaking about the MPP program. Thanks a bunch! 

10 minutes ago, Wicca said:

My bad! I should’ve clarified that I was speaking about the MPP program. Thanks a bunch! 

No worries! Good luck! I'm also waiting for Munk to roll out letters. the wait is reeeeallly annoying

On 2/26/2021 at 6:04 PM, TSK said:

Did yours go to "in review by Faculty and Postdoc affairs" or "in review by the department"? Mine went from "recommended for assessment" to "in review by the department" which I'm a bit worried about because that is listed as a stage previous on the status page so it seems like my application went back a step

Mine went from Review by graduate Department to review in progress by Faculty and post doc affairs. Check your status this morning, it probably changed.

Should I be nervous? Mine still says “recommended for assessment” at Carleton. I keep heavily checking! Congrats to everyone that’s heard answers so far. Also, my application for Queen’s still says “application submitted” is that weird? Thanks for any tidbits ☺️

Edited by newbie2020

14 minutes ago, newbie2020 said:

Should I be nervous? Mine still says “recommended for assessment” at Carleton. I keep heavily checking! Congrats to everyone that’s heard answers so far. Also, my application for Queen’s still says “application submitted” is that weird? Thanks for any tidbits ☺️

I’m in the same boat. Super anxious and nervous ? 

48 minutes ago, TedCruzAteMyKids said:

Same here - I moved to recommended for assessment very quickly with MPPA at Carleton, applied maybe 5 days before deadline. Been stuck for maybe 4 weeks? Also at application submitted for Queen's MPA

I applied to Carlton early Jan and moved quickly as well to “recommended for assessment”. I’m stressed because I heard there were more applications this year than normally in general for grad school. I applied to a Masters in Political Management too at Carleton and they said that they received more than usual this year, so it may take some time but that they are “looking at them”.  

4 hours ago, residenttomalito said:

Mine went from Review by graduate Department to review in progress by Faculty and post doc affairs. Check your status this morning, it probably changed.

Thanks! Mine changed this afternoon to being reviewed by faculty and post doc affairs. Has anyone received their acceptance letters today? 

Edited by TSK

Hi everyone,

Just to let those of you know who are also waiting to hear back from Munk (re: MPP apps) Petra got back to me and said:

"At this time the MPP Admissions team is reviewing applications. They expect to be in a position to provide first-round MPP admission offers in mid/late-March, with subsequent offers in mid-April."

So we still have to wait a while longer. Hang in there guys!

3 minutes ago, 1m26c4u said:

Hi everyone,

Just to let those of you know who are also waiting to hear back from Munk (re: MPP apps) Petra got back to me and said:

"At this time the MPP Admissions team is reviewing applications. They expect to be in a position to provide first-round MPP admission offers in mid/late-March, with subsequent offers in mid-April."

So we still have to wait a while longer. Hang in there guys!

Thanks for the helpful update!