(Canada 2021) MPP/MPA Applications

BTF

44 minutes ago, robbyJP2021 said:

I applied January 28th. Ref 1 was done Feb 1st, and Ref 2 was submitted Feb 20th. Unofficial offer came at the end of the second week of march for me

Thanks for getting back :) my unofficial offer came last week too! Congrats 

10 hours ago, GradSchoolHopeful2021 said:

Question for you lovely folks. Did any one else receive an admission offer for the MPPA program at Carleton with no funding/scholarship information on it? I did and I was a bit surprised considering that when I last applied for the program a couple of years ago my admission letter had indicated that I was to receive funding. 

Yeah, I got an offer from Carleton two days ago with no mention of funding. I did apply after the funding date though, so i wasn't surprised.

Just got accepted to U of Ottawa's MA in Public and International Affairs. Still waiting to hear back from SFU's MPP and Carleton's MPPA but I hope my acceptance to UOttawa is a sign that my application (to all three schools) is competitive. My top choice is SFU so crossing my fingers for that. I have until April 5th to respond to Ottawa so I might follow up with SFU and Carleton in the next week or so.

Wishing you all luck with your applications :)

14 hours ago, Argotnaut said:

Has anyone heard from the Munk MPP program yet? I have received offers of admission from Waterloo and Carleton, and am anxious to hear back from Munk before making my decision.

does somebody wanna take one for the team and email munk for us hehe ???

8 minutes ago, 1m26c4u said:

does somebody wanna take one for the team and email munk for us hehe ???

Was just about to say this! Someone please email them, I sent an email last week and got the same "Mid-late March" timeline that someone had posted earlier in this forum. Maybe if someone sends an email now we can get a more narrow timeline, potentially even an exact date.

35 minutes ago, FMBY said:

Was just about to say this! Someone please email them, I sent an email last week and got the same "Mid-late March" timeline that someone had posted earlier in this forum. Maybe if someone sends an email now we can get a more narrow timeline, potentially even an exact date.

yeah that was me! or else i would have emailed them rn. waiting to hear back from them is borderline torture

20 minutes ago, young98 said:

I sent them an email and they said they would be sending out decision emails “very soon”. 

Thanks for the update! though those are some very anxiety inducing words

1 minute ago, young98 said:

Where can you find your offer in ACORN? 

1042242284_ScreenShot2021-03-17at6_09_53PM.thumb.png.0fc8a20b1f81065ec8a7c83616aca823.pngMy Acorn looks like this. I've been told by former students + saw in previous years' forums that this means you've been accepted. I'm hoping that's still the case bc i alrdy told my whole family lol

Just now, 1m26c4u said:

1042242284_ScreenShot2021-03-17at6_09_53PM.thumb.png.0fc8a20b1f81065ec8a7c83616aca823.pngMy Acorn looks like this. I've been told by former students + saw in previous years' forums that this means you've been accepted. I'm hoping that's still the case bc i alrdy told my whole family lol

Hey, Congrats! Could you share you stats?

54 minutes ago, utm_100 said:

Hey, Congrats! Could you share you stats?

thanks!

cGPA is 3.7

L2 GPA is 4.0

I also have 1 year of exp of working for various municipal governments and assisted in policymaking there

ECs were nothing crazy. started an organization and joined a few other clubs

Hope that helps!

40 minutes ago, Harper1867 said:

New to this thread! Does anyone know if having your acorn status changed to invited once applied for MPP means it’s a confirmation of acceptance? Thanks! Don’t want to get my hopes up lol

BB3F1652-47C1-4848-A039-810EDC326E37.jpeg

it better be a confirmation of acceptance lol I've alrdy told everyone i know!

(but also based on responses from former students + as seen on threads from previous years, it means you've been accepted)

1 hour ago, amberzsm said:

Just checked no changes to my acorn. Feeling bit sad cuz I’m really counting on munk 

Stay hopeful! When I looked at previous forums, they release offers in waves between mid-late March. Second round offers are in April. Whatever the outcome is for you, I hope it works out! 

4 minutes ago, leungpxchy said:

I also just got my acceptance to UofT as well based on acorn but I’ll be going to Waterloo. Hope my offer goes to any of you guys! 

Congrats! What leads you to choose MPS vs Munk? Curious to know, based on some of the earlier threads on MPS vs Munk