Gates Cambridge 2021-2022

aco2

6 hours ago, 7242512512702751927 said:

Without wanting to say much else, for what it's worth a friend and I can confirm that we're finalists for the other two panels - biological, and arts as well - and in the same dates as above (notified on Dec 10, accept by Dec 14).

Best of luck to everyone.

Thanks for sharing + Congratulations!

@Clif Bainbridge You can still be considered for the Cambridge Trust scholarships and funding schemes from the Colleges. From what I read, not being a finalist for Gates does not affect your chances of getting an offer or funding from other sources. Good luck, I hope you will get in!

Has anyone who applied for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship who was not selected as a finalist received any kind of communication? I never received any verification via email regarding that my Gates recommendation and statement were received and reviewed. Likewise, I have yet to receive a rejection email. I know that finalists have already been contacted so I wasn't sure if I had just missed the official notification regarding not being selected. Congrats to all finalists!!!

On 12/22/2020 at 1:56 AM, cmarie21 said:

Has anyone who applied for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship who was not selected as a finalist received any kind of communication? I never received any verification via email regarding that my Gates recommendation and statement were received and reviewed. Likewise, I have yet to receive a rejection email. I know that finalists have already been contacted so I wasn't sure if I had just missed the official notification regarding not being selected. Congrats to all finalists!!!

They tend to be pretty light on sending "received" emails. Last year I got one for my Gates recommendation, but that was from the GAO, not Gates itself. They don't send receipts and notifications of rejection come later. You can assume if you weren't invited for interview (and are in the US — obviously non-US hasn't sent invitations yet) then you're out of the running.

• 2 weeks later...

Not specifically related to Gates, but has anyone been accepted to Gonville & Caius? Got my acceptance friday (first choice, took about a month after my first offer came) and curious to see if others might be heading there! :)

23 hours ago, LivKa said:

Not specifically related to Gates, but has anyone been accepted to Gonville & Caius? Got my acceptance friday (first choice, took about a month after my first offer came) and curious to see if others might be heading there! :)

Someone on TheStudentRoom also mentioned being accepted to this college

19 hours ago, neuroimagining said:

On a similar note, has anyone heard back from trinity or king’s? I have been at “seeking college membership” for a bit and am wondering when they typically release this info. 

Nope, I ranked Trinity and Christ’s and I haven’t heard. I was admitted to my program 18/11.

Hello, everyone! I'm an international student and I sent my application to the program before the deadline in early December (applying to the Gates scholarship as well) but the status hasn't changed; it's still as "submitted". The program interviews will be held in two weeks. Do you think that my application will not be processed further? 

16 hours ago, Maks said:

Hello, everyone! I'm an international student and I sent my application to the program before the deadline in early December (applying to the Gates scholarship as well) but the status hasn't changed; it's still as "submitted". The program interviews will be held in two weeks. Do you think that my application will not be processed further? 

Hi! I heard that admissions staff sometimes just forget to tick a box while passing the application along. I don't think you should give up hope, you might receive an interview invite without having seen any status change! Some people went straight from submitted to GAO.

2 hours ago, Afro Aniyunwiya said:

So I’m guessing we’ll find out next week? Or really any day now...how is everyone holding up?

I’ve been compulsively checking my email and this forum even though I know if I don’t get the email first thing in the morning (noonish Cambridge time) we won’t be hearing that day. Can’t wait for the relief of knowing! 

28 minutes ago, noac said:

I’ve been compulsively checking my email and this forum even though I know if I don’t get the email first thing in the morning (noonish Cambridge time) we won’t be hearing that day. Can’t wait for the relief of knowing! 

This is such a fat mood, literally same. Even though it's midnight over there now, I'm still checking my email many times per hour :')

38 minutes ago, Afro Aniyunwiya said:

As of 3 minutes ago, I’m a Gates Cambridge Scholar! US applicants, check your email!

Congrats! :) Has anyone else heard back? I didn’t get an email so I’m assuming that I wasn’t selected, but has anyone gotten a rejection email yet? 

Edited by anotherpotato28

1 hour ago, anotherpotato28 said:

Congrats! :) Has anyone else heard back? I didn’t get an email so I’m assuming that I wasn’t selected, but has anyone gotten a rejection email yet? 

In previous years the results would come out at slightly different times or different days for the separate panels. They are separate, after all. I don't know if it's the same this year without any interviews, but I imagine they've still done selections using the different areas/panels, so I wouldn't be too worried unless someone in your panel area has heard back already. And even then, the emails are not sent simultaneously. Different people will get it at slightly different times, even within the same panel. Will be on the same day though, unless an offer-holder ahead of you turns down the scholarship.

48 hours to accept is a tight turnaround, but it's still 48 hours. So I doubt they would send all rejections before that time is up as I'm sure someone will inevitably turn down the scholarship. So sit tight, basically.