Gates Cambridge 2021-2022

aco2

1 hour ago, Afro Aniyunwiya said:

As of 3 minutes ago, I’m a Gates Cambridge Scholar! US applicants, check your email!

Congratulations, that is an amazing achievement! :) Would you mind briefly sharing your profile? As an international applicant who still has a while to wait and freak out, I'd be interested in knowing more about the people they select

14 minutes ago, scytoo said:

In previous years the results would come out at slightly different times or different days for the separate panels. They are separate, after all. I don't know if it's the same this year without any interviews, but I imagine they've still done selections using the different areas/panels, so I wouldn't be too worried unless someone in your panel area has heard back already. And even then, the emails are not sent simultaneously. Different people will get it at slightly different times, even within the same panel. Will be on the same day though, unless an offer-holder ahead of you turns down the scholarship.

48 hours to accept is a tight turnaround, but it's still 48 hours. So I doubt they would send all rejections before that time is up as I'm sure someone will inevitably turn down the scholarship. So sit tight, basically.

I’m was reviewed by the social sciences panel btw. I have until 9a UK time on Jan 26 to accept

38 minutes ago, scytoo said:

In previous years the results would come out at slightly different times or different days for the separate panels. They are separate, after all. I don't know if it's the same this year without any interviews, but I imagine they've still done selections using the different areas/panels, so I wouldn't be too worried unless someone in your panel area has heard back already. And even then, the emails are not sent simultaneously. Different people will get it at slightly different times, even within the same panel. Will be on the same day though, unless an offer-holder ahead of you turns down the scholarship.

48 hours to accept is a tight turnaround, but it's still 48 hours. So I doubt they would send all rejections before that time is up as I'm sure someone will inevitably turn down the scholarship. So sit tight, basically.

oh okay. I was selected as a finalist for the physical sciences panel so maybe there's still hope yet! Thank you for sharing :)

1 minute ago, 7242512512702751927 said:

Logged in to add another quick data point - I'm also a scholar

Congratulations to all current acceptances, and best of luck to the pending / international round applicants.

Congratulations!!! That's such an honor! If you don't mind me asking, what panel were you / what time did your decision come out?

Edited by shivermetimbers

3 hours ago, shivermetimbers said:

@noac honestly i'm trying not to get my hopes up that this might be the case.. it seems like maybe only social sciences and arts have been released so far!? Tomorrow should be informative ?

If it helps, I’ve yet to hear ANYTHING about the physical and biological sciences panel awardees.

Also — I don’t know if it’s me overthinking but this might be a consolation for others awaiting an email. They wrote that they would give us 72 hours to reply but it appears they are giving scholars until the 26th. This must mean scholars get a minimum of 72 hours to accept or decline. So maybe they are sending out offers through the 23? We’ll find out soon enough! 

Edited by noac

I'm right there with you two. Since there seem to be about five of us from Physical Sciences and Biological Sciences who haven't heard back, and there seems to be a 1/3 chance or better for each person to be accepted, it would make sense that if none of us have heard back, that it is likely that physical and biological sciences have not heard back. There is a slim chance that we were all rejected and they're waiting to send the rejections until after the 26th but again, it's slim. So my fingers are crossed! I'm wondering if they will release results on Thursday again.