Johns Hopkins SAIS 2021

Ravine55

2 hours ago, nuktheory said:

If anyone put in for the Spring Semester, I just got my acceptance to their MIPP program today so looks like those are out!

Congrats! Any news on financial aid with the acceptance? I applied to the Tsinghua-SAIS dual degree program for Fall 2021. They should have a decision ready by 12/18, but I'm hoping they get back to me sooner. 

20 hours ago, Ravine55 said:

Congrats! Any news on financial aid with the acceptance? I applied to the Tsinghua-SAIS dual degree program for Fall 2021. They should have a decision ready by 12/18, but I'm hoping they get back to me sooner. 

I didn't see anything mentioning it, but I applied for part-time so I can't say I'm surprised there. 

Anyone know if being an alum helps with admissions?

I went to Hopkins for my undergrad but my gpa wasn't high enough to meet the auto admit cutoff (SAIS automatically accepted any undegrad student with a GPA above 3.3)

I have a decent GRE score and a year's work experience in community development w/ AmeriCorps.

• 4 weeks later...

Wishing y'all the best luck as decisions roll in. Also received my decision without financial aid mentioned, and from the admitted student site it says:

"Your financial aid award letter was emailed to you by the JHU SAIS Financial Aid Office the same day your admission decision was released. If you completed your FAFSA, this notification will also include your eligibility for federal loans. Please review the steps below to accept your financial aid award."

So be on the look out for a second email that hopefully will be coming later.

1 minute ago, Legionnaire727 said:

Wishing y'all the best luck as decisions roll in. Also received my decision without financial aid mentioned, and from the admitted student site it says:

"Your financial aid award letter was emailed to you by the JHU SAIS Financial Aid Office the same day your admission decision was released. If you completed your FAFSA, this notification will also include your eligibility for federal loans. Please review the steps below to accept your financial aid award."

So be on the look out for a second email that hopefully will be coming later.

That's interesting, I was under the impression it would come later due to the fact that the financial aid app isn't due until January 7th. Regardless, that's good to hear.