Johns Hopkins SAIS 2021

Ravine55

2 hours ago, Bogdan said:

The email does not provide information on funding received, just instructions on how to access Financial Aids website. So I think everyone will receive the email.

Update: It would take an hour before one can access Financial Aid page after creating the account

I got a scholarship email but not no info on how to access the financial aid website - what portal or link is it? 

Accepted to DC campus with no funding. Does anyone know if financial aid options are available for international students?  I am wondering if it is worth it to inquire with the financial aid committee about sources of funding or scholarship options? I dont't see how the cost of attendance can be affordable to many people without some source of funding or scholarship. 

I'm into MAIR in DC with 32k/yr from the dean's scholarship

But does anyone know how hard it is to maintain this 3.4 gpa standard so the scholarship gets renewed in the second year?

I'm a bit nervous about quant classes since that's my weakness historically, and I've been out of undergrad for 5 years.

43 minutes ago, Lake10 said:

Accepted to DC campus with no funding. Does anyone know if financial aid options are available for international students?  I am wondering if it is worth it to inquire with the financial aid committee about sources of funding or scholarship options? I dont't see how the cost of attendance can be affordable to many people without some source of funding or scholarship. 

I am an international student and got funding - I'd suggest negotiating with them assuming that you also have offers from other schools?

49 minutes ago, Kole_Kolt said:

I'm into MAIR in DC with 32k/yr from the dean's scholarship

But does anyone know how hard it is to maintain this 3.4 gpa standard so the scholarship gets renewed in the second year?

I'm a bit nervous about quant classes since that's my weakness historically, and I've been out of undergrad for 5 years.

Got the same award as well (Dean's scholarship for 33k pear yer)! I'm still waiting on hearing from other schools, and then hopefully start the negotiation process to raise the aid amount.

Anyone has some tips for successful negotiation?

1 hour ago, ladiesman217 said:

Accepted to MAIR DC with 50k aid/year! Six years career experience + 329 GRE + good letters of rec. Wishing everyone else good luck - personally waiting for other decisions but seriously considering JHU!

Congrats! This is fantastic. 

On 2/12/2021 at 3:59 AM, s0mething_awful said:

What was your reason for deferring if you don't mind me asking? Thinking about trying to defer for a year if I get accepted and if I get hired at a job I'm applying to. I know they said they don't offer deferrals often.

Sorry for the late reply. My reason for deferring was Covid because I did not want to attend virtual classes. Last year, SAIS was pretty liberal with its deferral and campus change policies due to the pandemic. Even now Bologna is back in the red zone, so don't see a reason why SAIS Europe won't want to grant deferrals if people want them. Let me know if you need to know anything else.