Fall 2021 PhD in Social Work!

ArchieJones

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker of this forum since this application cycle began. I know someone previously asked about any updates about Berkeley's admission. Does anyone have any updates as of today?

Thank you all!

12 minutes ago, plant42the said:

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker of this forum since this application cycle began. I know someone previously asked about any updates about Berkeley's admission. Does anyone have any updates as of today?

Thank you all!

Nothing. I had an interview a week and half ago with my POI. Waiting to hear back. Previous admission dates where back in late Jan or first week of Feb. Hope this helps!

6 minutes ago, HOP said:

Nothing. I had an interview a week and half ago with my POI. Waiting to hear back. Previous admission dates where back in late Jan or first week of Feb. Hope this helps!

Thank you for asking my questions and looking at your profile, congrats on your acceptance!

I was wondering if you heard from a standard departmental source for the interview or from a POI directly? 

38 minutes ago, plant42the said:

Thank you for asking my questions and looking at your profile, congrats on your acceptance!

I was wondering if you heard from a standard departmental source for the interview or from a POI directly? 

I heard from the POI directly. When we spoke it appeared they were still reviewing applications.

2 hours ago, HOP said:

I heard from the POI directly. When we spoke it appeared they were still reviewing applications.

Congrats on the interview! Do you know if they are doing interviews with everyone they are admitting? Also any chance you’re willing to share the poi’s initials? 

18 hours ago, Sephora said:

Hi Everyone,

I just received an offer from UIUC, very surprised and excited! Still waiting for other schools, BU, BC and Columbia.

Hi,

Congrats!! I also applied UIUC but I did not hear from them yet. When did you submit you application for UIUC?

8 hours ago, HOP said:

I officially got the email at 1AM Eastern TIme! I got accepted to UC Berkeley's program! I'm most likely attending! Official email sent from the department! If you applied, I hope you hear back soon! My POI is K.O!

Nice! Two acceptances back-to-back at great schools. Congrats, again!

Hi Everyone,

I just received an offer from UIUC, very surprised and excited! Still waiting for other schools, BU, BC and Columbia.

Congratulations on getting an offer from UIUC! ??

Hi Everyone,

Congrats!

Still awaiting Columbia too- seeing acceptances show up on this forum is definitely fueling my anxiety/eagerness!

On 1/23/2021 at 11:45 AM, hloSW said:

Congrats! I also got an interview for BC!

COngrats, how did your interview with BC go? Two of my POI's told me they should have decisions within 2 weeks! Hoping for good news for all :)

On 1/27/2021 at 3:47 PM, jaayneigh said:

Has anyone heard anything from UT-Austin? Hope this process is going well (and hasn't been too anxiety producing) for y'all so far!

No news over here either from UT Austin! GAH The waiting continues to be excruciating! How are you doing? Any other schools of interesT? 

On 1/28/2021 at 3:14 AM, HOP said:

I officially got the email at 1AM Eastern TIme! I got accepted to UC Berkeley's program! I'm most likely attending! Official email sent from the department! If you applied, I hope you hear back soon! My POI is K.O!

OMG OMG OMG DOING A HAPPY DANCE for this amazing news! I love to see it

16 minutes ago, AReelExpert said:

No news over here either from UT Austin! GAH The waiting continues to be excruciating! How are you doing? Any other schools of interesT? 

Going wild with the wait! I got into MSU a while back and am waiting on UPenn and UGA as well, haven't heard anything from either school though. I also applied to a few non-social work programs, and haven't heard anything there either. I hope everything is going well for you!

2 hours ago, jaayneigh said:

Going wild with the wait! I got into MSU a while back and am waiting on UPenn and UGA as well, haven't heard anything from either school though. I also applied to a few non-social work programs, and haven't heard anything there either. I hope everything is going well for you!

RIGHT?!?! Also wishing you the same. For the non-social work programs, what did you apply for? I also applied to non-social work ones. Feel free to message me too :)

5 hours ago, remytheratatouille said:

New user here! I saw that someone on this thread got accepted to Cal Berkeley (congrats)! Anyone else waiting for a response from Berkeley? 

Yes, I’m waiting for a response too. I’m not sure if all acceptances were sent at the same time. Given that Hop said they got an official acceptance from the department, I’m not hopeful :( 

4 minutes ago, Milou2644 said:

Yes, I’m waiting for a response too. I’m not sure if all acceptances were sent at the same time. Given that Hop said they got an official acceptance from the department, I’m not hopeful :( 

Same! This whole application process has been so draining. I was looking through this site and it seems like the past two years Berkeley released decisions on the last Monday or Tuesday of January, guess not this year... Wishing you luck on all your endeavors @Milou2644we got this!!