Planning Admission 2021

Man, me neither! I'm becoming restless, lol. Huge congrats for everyone's acceptances this week!!

On 2/15/2021 at 5:01 PM, cityplace_uptown said:

As an aside, really really hoping to get at least one response back this week (expecting UT).

This post aged about as poorly as it could have. The weather and Texas' energy providers had other plans.

Hi All, just received my acceptance from USC today! 

Age/Gender/Citizenship

31/M/US

Undergraduate degree/School/Year graduated 

B.S. in Business from top 20 school / 2018

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL (for Int'l students) 

Undergrad GPA 3.3

No GRE

Work Experience:

2 years at top professional services firm 

Letter of recommendations: (from whom)

2 from professors, 1 from employer 

Schools applied to: 

USC, UCLA, Harvard

In:

- USC 2/19 (half tuition scholarship)

Out:

Wait-list: 

Awaiting: 

UCLA & Harvard 

Edited by GreenerUtopia18

1 hour ago, cityplace_uptown said:

Man, me neither! I'm becoming restless, lol. Huge congrats for everyone's acceptances this week!!

This post aged about as poorly as it could have. The weather and Texas' energy providers had other plans.

Same place. I'm super psyched to see everyone getting into USC, but nothing yet on my end. I'm hoping for some good news soon. 

Edited by planningfor2021

6 hours ago, planningfor2021 said:

Same place. I'm super psyched to see everyone getting into USC, but nothing yet on my end. I'm hoping for some good news soon. 

Edited by sh2405
Any idea when Berkeley is giving out decisions?

On 2/18/2021 at 4:47 AM, takeitorleaveit97 said:

Just heard from Cornell! 

Congrats! Same here! Im having trouble finding the actual offer letter though. I logged into the CollegeNet ApplyWEb online app system and could only find a letter from the Graduate School Dean under the "View Your Decision Letter" button.

4 minutes ago, michells said:

Congrats! Same here! Im having trouble finding the actual offer letter though. I logged into the CollegeNet ApplyWEb online app system and could only find a letter from the Graduate School Dean under the "View Your Decision Letter" button.

Congrats! I received an email that had an attached pdf with all the information. I actually haven’t checked the portal since then. 

17 hours ago, beatlesforever said:

Ah I got an email earlier today from Taubman/UMich thinking it was an admission notification, but it was an invitation to a sustainability panel with alumni (As an applicant to Taubman College, you are invited to this upcoming event. 
Participation in this event will not advantage your admission application nor will not attending hinder the status of your admission application.
?

Congrats to all those who've received acceptances thus far! Fingers crossed more notifications will come out next week, I can't bear to wait this long! 

I got that too... I hate when they send out non-related emails while we're waiting for decisions. 

On 1/28/2021 at 12:21 PM, nola360 said:

Hi! Best of luck everyone!

Age/Gender/Citizenship

21/F/US

BA in Economics and Environmental Studies / top private school in the south / 2021

3.6 - 163/157/4

Work Experience:

Internship at renewable energy nonprofit, community gardens internship, tutor/TA

intern supervisor/band director/professor

Schools applied to: Yale, UCLA, USC, UCI, Berkeley, UIC, UNC, Duke, UPenn, Michigan

In: UPenn, UIC, USC

Out:

Wait-list: 

Awaiting:  Yale, UCLA, UCI, Berkeley, UNC, Duke, Michigan

Results:

In at USC!!

On 1/12/2021 at 10:46 AM, austinplanning256 said:

Hey everyone! Best of luck, finishing up my last apps this week. 

Age/Gender/Citizenship

25/M/US

BS in Sociology /  2018

3.1 BS

Work Experience:

- Current Data Analyst for a non-profit focused on food insecurity and food systems

- 1 year planning fellowship in California with a municipality 

- AmeriCorps VISTA for a municipality's housing department

Geography PhD whose also a development manager for a municipality/ University Professor & Mentor at housing department/ Work supervisor in California

Schools applied to: NYU, UCLA, UT Austin, Cornell, Maryland, Columbia, Georgia Tech, Oregon, Cal Poly SLO

In:

Out:

Wait-list:

Awaiting: 

Results:

Checked the portal for Oregon and it's a rejection. No email yet. 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:46 AM, austinplanning256 said:

Hey everyone! Best of luck, finishing up my last apps this week. 

Age/Gender/Citizenship

25/M/US

BS in Sociology /  2018

3.1 BS

Work Experience:

- Current Data Analyst for a non-profit focused on food insecurity and food systems

- 1 year planning fellowship in California with a municipality 

- AmeriCorps VISTA for a municipality's housing department

Geography PhD whose also a development manager for a municipality/ University Professor & Mentor at housing department/ Work supervisor in California

Schools applied to: NYU, UCLA, UT Austin, Cornell, Maryland, Columbia, Georgia Tech, Oregon, Cal Poly SLO

In: Cornell

Out: Oregon

Wait-list:

Awaiting: 

Results:

Does anyone have an idea of when most responses from schools will be sent out? Even just vaguely? Thinking of schools like UCLA, Berkeley, UNC, UMich.

One of the schools I got in wants a decision by March 15, but I’m not sure if I can give a decision by then (currently haven’t heard back from any other school besides them), so I need to ask for an extension asap.

30 minutes ago, yellowsurf said:

Does anyone have an idea of when most responses from schools will be sent out? Even just vaguely? Thinking of schools like UCLA, Berkeley, UNC, UMich.

One of the schools I got in wants a decision by March 15, but I’m not sure if I can give a decision by then (currently haven’t heard back from any other school besides them), so I need to ask for an extension asap.

Going off of last year's results posts I'm expecting most results to come by 5 March but I can't vouch for any of those particular schools. With the pandemic though, honestly who knows what will happen — a lot of places seem to have changed their schedules from past years.

For example Rutgers' website says they expect to make decisions (for those who applied before 15 January) in "mid to late March," which is rather frustrating since previous years appear to have gotten results at the beginning of the month. But I understand since conditions are different now.

3 hours ago, cityplace_uptown said:

Going off of last year's results posts I'm expecting most results to come by 5 March but I can't vouch for any of those particular schools. With the pandemic though, honestly who knows what will happen — a lot of places seem to have changed their schedules from past years.

This was my rough expectation as well, that most schools would release at least the bulk of their decisions by 3/5 (Berkeley for instance said we could reach out to the department if we hadn't heard by then). However, anecdotally, it looks like schools are about a week behind timelines from previous years, so I'm bracing myself to not get more results until the week after that.

It also seems like schools might be releasing acceptances in smaller batches than previous years, which could account for the delay. We saw 3-4 Berkeley acceptances a few weeks ago but it seems like lots of people haven't heard anything from them, and UIC seems to be releasing in small batches as well. 

2 hours ago, austinplanning256 said:

Are any of you planning to try and visit any of these schools before making a decision? Obviously COVID makes that a lot more complicated 

I think I will only visit if I’m debating seriously between two schools and (lack of) funding is a significant factor. 

Edited by yellowsurf

15 hours ago, anxiousplanner said:

This was my rough expectation as well, that most schools would release at least the bulk of their decisions by 3/5 (Berkeley for instance said we could reach out to the department if we hadn't heard by then). However, anecdotally, it looks like schools are about a week behind timelines from previous years, so I'm bracing myself to not get more results until the week after that.

It also seems like schools might be releasing acceptances in smaller batches than previous years, which could account for the delay. We saw 3-4 Berkeley acceptances a few weeks ago but it seems like lots of people haven't heard anything from them, and UIC seems to be releasing in small batches as well. 

Are you going to contact Berkeley by 3/5 or wait in case they are behind? I'm so anxious because they've released so few decisions but maybe it's just COVID? 

41 minutes ago, alliecask said:

Are you going to contact Berkeley by 3/5 or wait in case they are behind? I'm so anxious because they've released so few decisions but maybe it's just COVID? 

Given that they explicitly told us we could reach out if we haven't heard by Friday 3/5, I could imagine reaching out the following Monday - I personally wouldn't do that for a school that hadn't given such a clear deadline, but they were pretty straightforward in their email ?‍♀️. We'll see though. I'm also super anxious about this one!