Planning Admission 2021

1 hour ago, prospectiveplanner said:

Those who got emails from SCARP (either in, out, or waitlisted) what AoCs did you express interest in? I wonder if the emails went out based on the concentrations people chose and how many seats are available for each. I know the Indigenous stream has very limited spots. Anyone choose a custom AoC? I chose Transportation and Urban Design. 

I expressed something fairly similar on to yours. I kinda doubt this just about it tho. Even the waitlist is not linear at all read from website. Depends on the background of people accepts offer and who can complement that persons interest and experience from the wait list? (Thats my guess cause why would they group people into pools and not ranked).They said they have pools of candidates. Who knows experienced professionals are in the pool with only professionals and subdivide by experience type or something?  I guess what I’m saying is that waiting can be tiring but also I don’t think we can ever figure out why did they do this do that etc. Remember how we got invited to interviews? There were two rounds of people invited. So relax. It will be ok. 

And about aoc and profs. I got letter from grad admission then heard from scarp then I went to portal and checked official offer edit-nothing from prof or anything. But also I read website that advisor will be finalized in summer.. so

Edited by heyhey101

12 minutes ago, heyhey101 said:

I expressed something fairly similar on to yours. I kinda doubt this just about it tho. Even the waitlist is not linear at all read from website. Depends on the background of people accepts offer and who can complement that persons interest and experience from the wait list? They said they have pools of candidates. Who knows experienced professionals are in the pool with only professionals and subdivide by experience type or something?  I guess what I’m saying is that waiting can be tiring but also I don’t think we can ever figure out why did they do this do that etc. Remember how we got invited to interviews? There were two rounds of people invited. So relax. It will be ok. 

And about aoc and profs. I got letter from grad admission then heard from scarp then I went to portal and checked official offer edit-nothing from prof or anything. But also I read website that advisor will be finalized in summer.. so

Thanks for the insight! Much appreciated. 

I guess I can theorize over it all day and night and never find out. It is what it is. You're right, it's all ok! I'm very grateful to be in at another school so it was a successful application cycle either way. 

3 hours ago, yungzuko said:

Y'all UCLA really has the audacity to make the next set of people wait two more weeks for an admissions decision lol. Anyone heard anything?

Still nothing here for me. I check my email and the status portal multiple times a day now lol. Just turning on notifications for that email and letting whatever happens happens at this point. Sort of blows because I have to make either a uni or career decision for this upcoming month and nothing yet. 

5 hours ago, yungzuko said:

Y'all UCLA really has the audacity to make the next set of people wait two more weeks for an admissions decision lol. Anyone heard anything?

Was told by a friend and current UCLA MURP student just now that Sean e-mailed them saying "all decisions have been sent out" so this is really annoying haha.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:36 AM, bikepedkait96 said:

Sent in my few applications and I am very excited to be on the journey with everyone. I am so incredibly passionate about this field and I realllly want to go to a graduate program that will allow me to be my best so I can make changes to our build environment. I am looking forward to being in this field with everyone! 

Age/Gender/Citizenship

24/F/US

Undergraduate degree/School/Year graduated 

BA in Environmental Studies / NC Uni / 2019

GPA - GRE  - TOEFL (for Int'l students) 

3.2 BA - V158/Q150/AW4.5

Work Experience:

- Environmental Law Internship with professor and a GIS spatial analyst with a Non profit 

- Clean Cities Internship with Council of Government 

- Transit Internship with a Municipal Planning Organization 

- VP of events with a solar renewable energy student organization 

Letter of recommendations: (from whom)

Transportation Professor, Sustainable City professor, Supervisor at Internship

Schools applied to: UC Berkeley, UCLA, UIC, UNC, Clemson

In: UC Berkeley, UCLA, UIC, UNC, Clemson

Out:

Wait-list:

Awaiting: 

Results: Berkeley 

Hi everyone, I'm sorry it's been a while since I updated everything. My dad died last Sunday of a sudden heart attack and so it's been hard. At least he knew of my acceptances before passing, I hadn't chosen a school yet because I was severely worried about funding and going into more debt but I think going to Berkeley is going to be worth it for me. I hope he will be proud of me regardless of my accumulation of debt.. 

I've never lived on the west coast or even visited and I am excited about the possibility to study urban planning and transportation planning in such a cool built environment with all of Berkeley's professors and research centers and connections I don't feel like I can turn such a fun amazing opportunity down. I have talked to three grad students from Berkeley and like six students from UCLA and after being an east coaster my whole life I think it will be a crazy change. I hope to pursue multimodal transit and transit equity as a planner of color and woman of color in graduate school. If anyone has any advice for west coast living, feel free to tell me! 

Thank you to everyone's support on here and I can not wait to be peers in planning with all of you wonderful people. 

Final Tally: 

Acceptances at all five Schools! 

No funding from anyone yet tho.. 

I will be accepting Berkeley's admission :) 

10 minutes ago, bikepedkait96 said:

Hi everyone, I'm sorry it's been a while since I updated everything. My dad died last Sunday of a sudden heart attack and so it's been hard. At least he knew of my acceptances before passing, I hadn't chosen a school yet because I was severely worried about funding and going into more debt but I think going to Berkeley is going to be worth it for me. I hope he will be proud of me regardless of my accumulation of debt.. 

I've never lived on the west coast or even visited and I am excited about the possibility to study urban planning and transportation planning in such a cool built environment with all of Berkeley's professors and research centers and connections I don't feel like I can turn such a fun amazing opportunity down. I have talked to three grad students from Berkeley and like six students from UCLA and after being an east coaster my whole life I think it will be a crazy change. I hope to pursue multimodal transit and transit equity as a planner of color and woman of color in graduate school. If anyone has any advice for west coast living, feel free to tell me! 

Thank you to everyone's support on here and I can not wait to be peers in planning with all of you wonderful people. 

Final Tally: 

Sorry about your loss, but congrats on going to Berkeley!

2 hours ago, bikepedkait96 said:

Final Tally: 

Very very sorry for your loss ?

For UCLA peeps that haven't heard back yet, just talked to someone who also happened to be a volunteer for MURP admissions scoring this year. It seems acceptances and waitlists were all sent out 3/11. If you haven't heard yet, it's most likely a rejection and will be updated later in the portal. Really sad to hear, sorry to the rest of y'all in this same boat ?

Hi everyone! For those of you attending UPenn or heavily considering it, I made this thread for us if anyone wants to talk about the program or has any questions. Interesting to know what others are thinking about the program!

Those who got accepted at UBC SCARP did you get acceptance email over and over? I got 3 emails again ? though I got em on Monday. Being admitted twice I guess lol 

edit - I think it might be technical glitch.. it also gave me email that my document status have been updated which would’ve been my UBC undergrad transcript.

Edited by heyhey101

4 minutes ago, MildlyJaded said:

Anyone else getting properly pissed at toronto? It's the end of march now. How much longer is it going to take

If first round has until April 2nd to accept or decline, I wouldn't expect anything until early April. 

On 3/28/2021 at 11:52 PM, futureplanner said:

Decisions, decisions.. Is anyone planning to reject an offer from their top choice schools based solely on lack of funding?

Yep. UCLA out-of-state :( Hope someone on the waitlist gets the spot soon!