Planning Admission 2021

Accepted from the UBC wait list! I accepted another offer already, but I'll be awkwardly forfeiting that deposit. 

edit: I'm not on social media so I won't be joining any of the groups for incoming students. However, I've lived in Vancouver for 6 years and immigrated to Canada from the US. If anyone has questions about the city or moving across borders, definitely reach out! 

Edited by CanPlan

For anyone who extended their decision deadline at UCLA - have you heard back on any additional funding yet? 

Also FYI for anyone waiting on waitlist decisions from Berkley, I heard back on Friday (officially rejected). 

21 minutes ago, McFrench said:

For anyone who extended their decision deadline at UCLA - have you heard back on any additional funding yet? 

Also FYI for anyone waiting on waitlist decisions from Berkley, I heard back on Friday (officially rejected). 

Just curious, what date is your extended deadline for UCLA? On the waitlist here. 

2 hours ago, CanPlan said:

Accepted from the UBC wait list! I accepted another offer already, but I'll be awkwardly forfeiting that deposit. 

edit: I'm not on social media so I won't be joining any of the groups for incoming students. However, I've lived in Vancouver for 6 years and immigrated to Canada from the US. If anyone has questions about the city or moving across borders, definitely reach out! 

Congratulations!! I got their email too but I'm still on the waitlist. The long wait is killing me!

Anyway, do you mind sharing when is your UBC offer acceptance deadline? I'd like to speculate on when might I hear back from them again......

23 minutes ago, keyboardranger said:

Congratulations!! I got their email too but I'm still on the waitlist. The long wait is killing me!

Anyway, do you mind sharing when is your UBC offer acceptance deadline? I'd like to speculate on when might I hear back from them again......

Thanks! The deadline is May 1st. 

edit: Sorry! The date I first gave was wrong, but it is correct now.

Edited by CanPlan

2 hours ago, GreenerUtopia18 said:

Just curious, what date is your extended deadline for UCLA? On the waitlist here. 

04/22 is my extended deadline and the graduate advisor I spoke with did say he had a good amount of people extending their deadline this year in hopes of getting more funding. Good luck! 

11 hours ago, dvdvcd said:

I inquired about the UCLA waitlist. Looks as though they have made their decisions. This is the reply I received:

Screenshot 2021-04-23 073703.png

Hm, interesting. I'm on the UCLA waitlist too -- guess that means that if we haven't heard anything, we didn't get in. I wonder if/when they'll send out notices that we are officially denied? 

Curious to know if any applicants on the UCLA waitlist have received an admittance notification. 

1 hour ago, drew.m.b said:

Hm, interesting. I'm on the UCLA waitlist too -- guess that means that if we haven't heard anything, we didn't get in. I wonder if/when they'll send out notices that we are officially denied? 

Curious to know if any applicants on the UCLA waitlist have received an admittance notification. 

Also on the waitlist and still waiting for any notification. 

On 4/21/2021 at 12:09 AM, CanPlan said:

Thanks! The deadline is May 1st. 

edit: Sorry! The date I first gave was wrong, but it is correct now.

You’re accepting right? I also got in. I’m an international student from India. There’s a facebook MCRP Cohort if you want to join.

On 3/23/2021 at 3:18 AM, Vancouver Planner said:

I did not! I'm based in vancouver and am really able to move for a variety of reasons.

i'm older (29), have a masters in history from NYU (with applicable academic experience), work as a management consultant full time and own a company that i operate on evenings/weekends. no direct planning experience or fields of study (other than what i did in history). 3.95 gpa in my masters, 79% CGPA from western (much higher average in upper level courses). think i flubbed my interview, but would love to know what successful applicants profile is like? will definitely be re applying next year and hoping there's things i can accomplish between now and then to make myself more competitive 

also - does anyone have any insight into whether the interview was really the critical component of the application? or just another part of it?

many thanks everyone, and again my heartfelt congratulations to those of you who were accepted!!!

Hey! I got in and I would love to answer any questions you may have. 

Is there a UCLA MURP facebook group/thread/groupme out there for admitted students? Got accepted off the waitlist a couple days ago and looking to connect with fellow students ?

22 hours ago, drew.m.b said:

Is there a UCLA MURP facebook group/thread/groupme out there for admitted students? Got accepted off the waitlist a couple days ago and looking to connect with fellow students ?

I just found it the other day - the FB group is called UCLA MURP 2023 Cohort

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2021 at 5:00 AM, PlanneDesign said:

Has anybody on the waitlist for either UWashington or Columbia heard anything yet? Washington said the latest would be mid-June, but I'm not sure if anyone's heard back yet.

I was just off the waitlist of Columbia last week. Hope you would hear from them soon.

12 hours ago, andyentre said:

I was just off the waitlist of Columbia last week. Hope you would hear from them soon.

Thank you!! I'm glad to hear they're at least moving on the process - so hopefully I should hear back a definite answer soon. If you don't mind me asking, did they offer any funding? I've been holding out for Columbia, but only because of the  *very* minimal chance in my head that they may both (1) accept me AND (2) offer funding. 

On 5/27/2021 at 11:23 PM, PlanneDesign said:

Thank you!! I'm glad to hear they're at least moving on the process - so hopefully I should hear back a definite answer soon. If you don't mind me asking, did they offer any funding? I've been holding out for Columbia, but only because of the  *very* minimal chance in my head that they may both (1) accept me AND (2) offer funding. 

No, based on what I know about GSAPP, they don't offer any funding to international students... Since you are students in the State, what I got might not apply to you.