Munk School, NPSIA and GPSIA 2021 Admissions

E-O

Hey! I just have some questions/concerns that I can (hopefully) reassure myself over regarding admission/funding to NPSIA.

Under the Carleton grading system, I would be at 10/12 (or A-) for my GPA at the point of applying, I have practicum experience with Elections Canada, and currently work two jobs (both at the university I attend) while completing my Bachelor's (Hons.) in Political Science. My letters of reference are from my Honours supervisor and an associate professor that I have ECs with. 

Essentially, I am wondering how likely it is that I am admitted into the program, and if so, how much funding am I likely to receive? I understand that this is done on a case-by-case basis, but if anyone has experience with the admission/funding process themselves - as in current/former students - or have insight into this through other means, any info on this front would be greatly appreciated!

8 hours ago, Gradgradinternational said:

Hi there! 

fellow NPSIA applicant over here! I was wondering if anyone knows what is the average age of students to the NPSIA program. Do students frenquently have other masters or work experience coming into NPSIA for example, or are they all students coming out of their bachelors in their early 20's?

just curious!

Also curious about this! I’m applying straight out of undergrad (currently 21). I have some relevant work experience through 3 internships, but no long-term job in the field or anything like that.

Hey there,

I've also applied to NPSIA For the Fall 2021 intake. I may miss the deadline for GPSIA seeing as I'm still waiting for UOttawa to create my account to submit the remaining documents for my application.

For anyone who's attended the information session last week, it seems like there is a mélange of different ages and people from various academic and professional backgrounds.

As for myself, I am in my late 20s and have an undergrad in commerce and 2 diplomas. I currently work in the federal government in an analyst role. My GPA is 11/12 on the Carleton scale.

I'm hoping we can get some stats going because the wait until early March is going to be so nail biting!

Good luck everyone

Does anyone know/have any guesses if there’s going to be more/less/the same amount of applicants than usual because of Covid? I’ve heard several guesses but I can’t help but think it might somehow influence the numbers. 

Also, going to share my stats to help make this wait a little less grueling: went to undergrad in the US, but I’m an international student from Mexico, so speak native Spanish, English, and fluent level French. My GPA is a 10/12 Carleton scale, 3.7/A- and I’m straight out from undergrad. Don’t have any international experience, but do have experience with immigration NGOs.

Im interested in the development track. Anyone else want to share their specialization interest? 

Again, good luck everyone! 

On 1/20/2021 at 4:19 PM, hopefuloldme said:

following! how did those of you who applied to Munk feel your Kira talent assessments went?

I think it went pretty well! I like that they changed the questions to be more chill 

On 1/30/2021 at 4:53 PM, Kcs421 said:

Does anyone know/have any guesses if there’s going to be more/less/the same amount of applicants than usual because of Covid? I’ve heard several guesses but I can’t help but think it might somehow influence the numbers. 

Also, going to share my stats to help make this wait a little less grueling: went to undergrad in the US, but I’m an international student from Mexico, so speak native Spanish, English, and fluent level French. My GPA is a 10/12 Carleton scale, 3.7/A- and I’m straight out from undergrad. Don’t have any international experience, but do have experience with immigration NGOs.

Im interested in the development track. Anyone else want to share their specialization interest? 

Again, good luck everyone! 

I chose conflict analysis and conflict development for Carleton! And I'm not sure that numbers will be influenced that much, i guess we'll see haha

On 2/6/2021 at 1:00 PM, rush_k said:

Hello! Does anyone know by any chance if NPSIA prioritizes acceptance of full time students first? I applied for the program for part-time. 

Thanks and good luck on all your applications! 

I also applied as part-time! From what I understand they don't, however there are very few part-time spots compared to full-time ones so it is more difficult to get in. 

22 hours ago, hopefuloldme said:

did anyone else notice that the deadline to accept the offer of admission to GPSIA is March 4th? Worried that that will be before we start to hear from Munk & other programs... 

The deadline for me is March 2nd, but while looking through threads from previous year I read that we could ask for an extension. I'll definitely be reaching out to do that this week!

Hi everyone, how's the wait going so far for the NPSIA applicants? My application still reads as preliminary review required, was just wondering if anyone else's had progressed considering that in previous years it seems that there were already many applications under review.