Munk School, NPSIA and GPSIA 2021 Admissions

E-O

20 hours ago, jcoutu said:

The deadline for me is March 2nd, but while looking through threads from previous year I read that we could ask for an extension. I'll definitely be reaching out to do that this week!

I emailed them this morning asking for an extension! I'm sure they're aware of the processing times of the other schools, hence the short turn around. ?

4 minutes ago, hopefuloldme said:

curious to know how everyone is ordering their top choices between these programs? (NIPSIA, GPSIA, & Munk). 

NPSIA and then GPSIA! I didn't apply for Munk, the prices were far too high, and if I had to be on campus in Toronto I wouldn't be able to continue to work full-time. What about yourself?

I'll let you know when I hear back from GPSIA :) 

1 hour ago, hopefuloldme said:

curious to know how everyone is ordering their top choices between these programs? (NIPSIA, GPSIA, & Munk). 

I think usually people have NPSIA/Munk at top of the list (but then again a lot of people tend to disregard Munk because it is in Toronto and not Ottawa and because of the ridiculous tuition fees), and theN GPSIA. Again, this is my impression from people I spoke too and previous years forums!

6 hours ago, Gradgradinternational said:

I think usually people have NPSIA/Munk at top of the list (but then again a lot of people tend to disregard Munk because it is in Toronto and not Ottawa and because of the ridiculous tuition fees), and theN GPSIA. Again, this is my impression from people I spoke too and previous years forums!

@Gradgradinternational @Hedonism good to know!

Edited by hopefuloldme

On 2/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, hopefuloldme said:

I think my first choice would be NPSIA, and then GSPIA (I believe this is the most common ranking). I chose not to apply to Munk because I found the course offering/program structure less interesting than at NPSIA and GSPIA (also, $$$). Best of luck to everyone!!

On 2/15/2021 at 3:05 PM, hopefuloldme said:

I’m also doing NPSIA first because of their courses and faculty, and GPSIA second. I would have loved to apply to Munk but again the prices were just ridiculous compared to the other options. Even if I had applied to Munk though, it probably would have been NPSIA first, Munk second, and GPSIA third. 

18 hours ago, bonghoots420 said:

has anyone seen movement at all in their application? 

Didn't apply to Munk, so I can't speak to that but I can share updates for NPSIA and GSPIA. I got my offer of admission from GSPIA on Feb. 10th (e-mail and full offer on uOzone). For NPSIA, my status went from 'Preliminary review required' to 'Recommended for Assessment' a few days after the Jan. 31st deadline and stayed like that until yesterday, when it moved to 'Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs' which I believe is the last evaluation stage before a decision is made. From looking at previous threads on here, it seems that NPSIA begins rolling out offers at the very end of Feb. Hopefully we all hear back from NPSIA this week! 

On 2/15/2021 at 3:06 PM, hopefuloldme said:

Let me know know when they get back to you! 

Just got an answer: 

"Your file will not be closed if you do not respond to your offer by March 2nd. However please note that you can always accept the offer and should you change your mind at a later date, simply send us an email asking us to cancel the acceptance."

1 hour ago, jcoutu said:

Didn't apply to Munk, so I can't speak to that but I can share updates for NPSIA and GSPIA. I got my offer of admission from GSPIA on Feb. 10th (e-mail and full offer on uOzone). For NPSIA, my status went from 'Preliminary review required' to 'Recommended for Assessment' a few days after the Jan. 31st deadline and stayed like that until yesterday, when it moved to 'Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs' which I believe is the last evaluation stage before a decision is made. From looking at previous threads on here, it seems that NPSIA begins rolling out offers at the very end of Feb. Hopefully we all hear back from NPSIA this week! 

That’s awesome! Congratulations! Can I ask when you applied for NPSIA? I personally have yet to see movement in mine.

Edited by bonghoots420

2 hours ago, bonghoots420 said:

That’s awesome! Congratulations! Can I ask when you applied for NPSIA? I personally have yet to see movement in mine.

Thank you, I hope you also get good news soon! I sent in the online form at the end of December, but slowly uploaded the required documents to Carleton central until the deadline (one of my references came in on the 31st, talk about cutting it close). From what I understood though, applying earlier doesn't mean that they look at your application earlier, so I don't think it really matters. Also, make sure to check the status of your application on Carleton central (not Carleton 360, mine is still stuck at 'preliminary review required' over there). 

Edited by jcoutu

8 hours ago, ggkk_the_game said:

Hey guys I am an international student and I got an admit from Munk for MGA last week with a scholarship ! Anyone else going to Munk ?

Woow, congratulations! That is sooo great! You must be thrilled! I'm also an international student & still waiting for the answer. If i may ask, when have you applied? Thank you and congrats!

Just now, lh443424 said:

I believe they do - 77%/B+ average is generally what I've seen as a cutoff for acceptance, though I do not know how strict they are with that. 

Thanks! I just meant the order of going through the applications.  For example, reviewing applications starting with the highest GPAs first then going down the list.  I'm thinking it could influence who gets an offer and when.