Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Panda27 Glad it's not just me! When I asked my interviewer they just said March (I don't think they really knew). I've been looking at the results page on here though and in 2020 it looks like they sent out admissions on Feb 23! I bet we'll hear by the first week of March at the latest. 

4 hours ago, goodvibesonly said:

when do you think they're going to send out acceptance letters? i'm dying of waiting haha

My estimate according to what others have said: Next week- first week of March. I checked my portal and it only says that my documents were "received" but my status has not changed. 

3 hours ago, Gloria M. said:

My estimate according to what others have said: Next week- first week of March. I checked my portal and it only says that my documents were "received" but my status has not changed. 

First week of March sounds early. SSP email said mid March. Given a pandemic I'd expect it to be on the later end of that, maybe like 3/15-3/20 or something.

Random: I submitted the analytical writing sample for SSP and the portal shows it as a green check mark, but in the top section where it lists the documents they have received, it is not shown as one of them. I assume they would have emailed me if they thought something was missing?

3 hours ago, niceswing said:

First week of March sounds early. SSP email said mid March. Given a pandemic I'd expect it to be on the later end of that, maybe like 3/15-3/20 or something.

Random: I submitted the analytical writing sample for SSP and the portal shows it as a green check mark, but in the top section where it lists the documents they have received, it is not shown as one of them. I assume they would have emailed me if they thought something was missing?

For SSP, I'm not sure. If they said mid-March, then most likely it will be by then. I applied to the Latin American studies program so I'm not sure when we will receive any notifications (it varies by program). 

For your second question, I would definitely call grad admissions and see how they can help you. Don't email them because I'm pretty sure they are not answering emails right now. I emailed them 2 days ago but I haven't heard a response yet.

On 2/17/2021 at 1:37 PM, niceswing said:

I noticed that right after submitting my application and this is what I got back from Robert;

"On my end, it shows that you've uploaded the 600-word analytical writing sample. This happened to other applicants where the writing sample didn't appear in the final check-list although it had been uploaded!"

I applied to SSP (concentration: technology and security) with a 4.0 GPA (technical undergrad, not IR related) from GWU, no GRE, somewhat strong work experience relevant to the concentration in which I applied, solid references, President of a Student Org, and a maybe not so great writing sample.

Honestly not sure what to expect. I showed a lot of interest throughout the application process by going to all of the applicant happy hours and other events hosed by Georgetown, but I don't really know if they consider those things.

Biggest concern is funding, I had really hoped for the CC SFS scholarship but apparently it's year 5 of it's funding and can only support 2-3 students this year. However, they've applied for renewal and if that gets approved they would be able to fund anywhere up to 11 students. In the scholarship information session they said that they accepted ~12% of applicants last year so with it being even lower than years past I'm not too optimistic.

6 minutes ago, GradProsMPP said:

@Natasha Ribeiro mid-March, really? I thought it was released in the first week of March last year so was gearing up to hear back next week :(

If you check the last 4 years, there was already a year that was released in the first week and another that was in the last :(

Hard to know when we'll receive news... :(:(:(