Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

10 hours ago, Jerseycub6 said:

I got accepted yesterday to the Latin American program and was offered a $13,000 scholarship. I received my offer from the program director but the portal hasn't been undated yet. I didn't submit the GRE and I had a 3.9 GPA. I applied straight from undergrad so my only work experience were part time internships. 

Huge Congrats!!!

I just saw another MAGES acceptance on the results page. I know they told MAGES that we should hear this or next week, but I'm really nervous both ways!

On 2/26/2021 at 4:37 AM, dumplingg said:

Hi all. Just got accepted to the GHD program. Tiny scholarship. I got a personalized email from the program director.

Congrats! I got in too. I didn't see the email until Saturday. It went straight to my "promotions" box. Are you waiting to hear back from some other programs too? 

4 hours ago, 6oahz said:

Congrats! I got in too. I didn't see the email until Saturday. It went straight to my "promotions" box. Are you waiting to hear back from some other programs too? 

Hey everyone, congrats to both of you! I was also accepted. GHD is definitely my top choice but I need more money from them.....

5 minutes ago, mppaspiring said:

Is this just MPP or also MSFS coming out right now?

omg yeah, someone just posted a result saying they got into Government, Masters....?? Maybe results are coming out now?

I just got the email to check the portal and was met with the sad, short "we had many qualified applicants"...

I wasn't too optimistic, but I'm still upset (ofc)... it's probably a good thing in the long run, I would have had to take out significant student loans to attend. 

A-HA so there is a separate thread for SFS! 

Accepted to MASIA but nothing about money yetttttt (but I'm going to have my fingers crossed until I actually see the portal; I just got a direct email from the program director). 

Graduated back in 2018 with a 3.85 GPA, and have been working in Japan for the past three years in local governance. My GRE scores were alright, I think? 

Excited to meet other MASIA folks in our little program :) 

I also got accepted to MASIA. I got a personal letter from the program director! I'm an international student from East Asia and did not submit a GRE. I don't have a high GPA but I had some extraordinary international work experience! I initially grew up in Southeast Asia tho I am East Asian. There's no word of funding right now but hopefully i get it (fingers crossed) I was also accepted to GW Elliott and I will be rejecting that offer! 

5 hours ago, goodvibesonly said:

I also got accepted to MASIA. I got a personal letter from the program director! I'm an international student from East Asia and did not submit a GRE. I don't have a high GPA but I had some extraordinary international work experience! I initially grew up in Southeast Asia tho I am East Asian. There's no word of funding right now but hopefully i get it (fingers crossed) I was also accepted to GW Elliott and I will be rejecting that offer! 

I guess I got rejected since I didn't get any letter from the program director. Guess the place where fund me the most will be my destination. BTW, how much did you get for Elliott? ?

Just now, calmclamsulam said:

I guess I got rejected since I didn't get any letter from the program director. Guess the place where fund me the most will be my destination. BTW, how much did you get for Elliott? ?

unfortunately I didn't get any funding from Elliott ?

Just now, goodvibesonly said:

unfortunately I didn't get any funding from Elliot

Oh I see. Guess Asians studies program in general are on the last place on the funding overall :(

I didn't get any funding from them either, but got some from other programs not specific for "Asia oriented".

Anyways congrats getting in to Georgetown!

5 minutes ago, calmclamsulam said:

Oh I see. Guess Asians studies program in general are on the last place on the funding overall :(

I didn't get any funding from them either, but got some from other programs not specific for "Asia oriented".

Anyways congrats getting in to Georgetown!

Don't think that you got rejected! I think some people still get acceptance letters even if they didn't receive one from the program director! I'm sure it's not too late to be disappointed after all the decision letters are out. Lets wait and see ☺️