Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

13 minutes ago, musicaflores said:

@Rheana Gray I saw that someone submitted their results for the Security Studies Program (you might want to check it out). I have the feeling that you will hear back from admissions soon. Wishing you the best!! :)

No way! I tried searching for the post and didn’t see it anywhere. I’m so anxious now, oh my gosh there goes my plan of having a productive week ?

just kidding, but I’m going to have a much higher resting heart rate now that I know people are hearing back

i remain skeptical there would be a result already. idk/idc about MPP but SSP is suspect

edit: it's also possible they meant they had applied for spring 21 and were rejected previously and were waiting on MPP decision? 

Edited by niceswing

30 minutes ago, niceswing said:

i remain skeptical there would be a result already. idk/idc about MPP but SSP is suspect

edit: it's also possible they meant they had applied for spring 21 and were rejected previously and were waiting on MPP decision? 

Yeah I've never heard of results being released this early. It's likely what you said about it being for the Spring semester (hopefully).

38 minutes ago, niceswing said:

Yeah I also thought it was suspicious.. Maybe admissions is sending out the results in batches, not all at once.

Just now, IDstudent said:

I'm on an admitted students page for another university and someone on there mentioned that Georgetown results were being released this week...not sure where they heard that but I hope it's true

For which program is this? 

Just now, IDstudent said:

I think he applied to MSFS, but I'm not sure. I know the GHD program sent out decisions on Feb 23 last year.

Yeah I talked to the associate director of my program last week and she said that the admissions committee was still reviewing applications for the LatAm Studies program. She was not able to tell me any statistical data about admissions.

I don't know about the MSFS or the GHD programs but I imagine they are in the same review timeline?? I'll definitely keep you all posted. 

Just now, musicaflores said:

Yeah I talked to the associate director of my program last week and she said that the admissions committee was still reviewing applications for the LatAm Studies program. She was not able to tell me any statistical data about admissions.

I don't know about the MSFS or the GHD programs but I imagine they are in the same review timeline?? I'll definitely keep you all posted. 

I wonder if MSFS admissions would be released last since it's the biggest program, but honestly I have no clue. Hopefully we all get good news soon :)

Also, a friendly reminder (to those who haven't posted): If you can please state the program you are applying for so it is helpful for everyone in case we have questions about a certain program we know who to refer to. We would really appreciate it. Thanks and best of luck!! :)

33 minutes ago, IDstudent said:

I'm on an admitted students page for another university and someone on there mentioned that Georgetown results were being released this week...not sure where they heard that but I hope it's true

For all grad programs or MSFS, MPP, or SSP specifically? Everything I heard in the SSP info sessions said mid-march which is why I'm freaking out 

Edited by Rheana Gray

3 minutes ago, Rheana Gray said:

For all grad programs or MSFS, MPP, or SSP specifically? Everything I heard in the SSP info sessions said mid-march which is why I'm freaking out 

I believe he applied to MSFS. I think early or mid-March is very realistic though

30 minutes ago, IDstudent said:

I wonder if MSFS admissions would be released last since it's the biggest program, but honestly I have no clue. Hopefully we all get good news soon :)

is msfs the biggest program? i think by cohort ssp seems to be larger? spring 21 class has 74 people apparently, compared to msfs class of 2021 with ~50?

ref https://msfs.georgetown.edu/people/students/msfs21/ https://twitter.com/GeorgetownCSS/status/1353809875210563585

Edited by niceswing

1 minute ago, niceswing said:

is msfs the biggest program? i think by cohort ssp seems to be larger? spring 21 class has 74 people apparently, compared to msfs class of 2021 with ~50?

ref https://msfs.georgetown.edu/people/students/msfs21/ https://twitter.com/GeorgetownCSS/status/1353809875210563585

I thought it was but I very well could be wrong! It could also be that I heard MSFS receives the most applicants. I don't really know anything, ignore what I said 

1 minute ago, IDstudent said:

I thought it was but I very well could be wrong! It could also be that I heard MSFS receives the most applicants. I don't really know anything, ignore what I said 

no i definitely don't have any real info either. it's so odd applying to grad school where programs just don't seem to publish detailed admissions stats? for undergrad you know application count down to single digits, accepted, and yield, haha. SFS gives rough application estimates (msfs page says 700-900), rough admin stats (35-45%), and no yield info.

2 minutes ago, niceswing said:

you have to keep in mind that SSP also includes the part-time SSP students. 

1 hour ago, IDstudent said:

lol I wish you could ask for a citation source for this information. Cue panic every time I check my (personal) email now.