Georgetown SFS - Fall 2021

niceswing

35 minutes ago, AbiRakheja said:

Hey guys, hang in there. I just had a chat with the AD admissions in the MSFS office. She said that those who applied before the January 15th deadline, will hear back in the week of March 15th. That's VERY annoying.

Thank you so much for letting us know! Longer to wait then.

6 minutes ago, niceswing said:

i think masia will be tomorrow

Some people have already received responses from MASIA Asian Studies -- but responses are never sent on the same day...

But so far, I haven't seen anyone receiving answers from Arab Studies :( 

3 minutes ago, GradProsMPP said:

Hey! Nothing yet. Just wondering, what makes you think tomorrow is the day? Per @AbiRakheja 's intel, it will only be in the week of March 15, right? 

Oh god I totally missed that and forgot ! I was thinking about the earlier messages stating years before it was this week. Okay everyone buckle in for more painful waiting ? 

Edited by TradeRacists4Refugees

31 minutes ago, niceswing said:

just got another emailing me telling me to apply to FLAS. i feel like if i had gotten money they would not be bringing this up so much. so yeah, can't really accept this offer. 

hopefully ssp brings better news?

just got the same email >< but i dont want to lose hope just yet 

On 3/3/2021 at 12:09 PM, AbiRakheja said:

Hey guys, hang in there. I just had a chat with the AD admissions in the MSFS office. She said that those who applied before the January 15th deadline, will hear back in the week of March 15th. That's VERY annoying.

Thanks for the intel... oh well, now back from whince I came. See you folks the week of March 15th 

1 hour ago, niceswing said:

just got another emailing me telling me to apply to FLAS. i feel like if i had gotten money they would not be bringing this up so much. so yeah, can't really accept this offer. 

hopefully ssp brings better news?

58 minutes ago, jellyana said:

just got the same email >< but i dont want to lose hope just yet 

Did everyone receive this? Or are you both applying for MAISA? I applied for MSFS and only received an email a few months ago about an eligible scholarship application.... Otherwise it's been radio-silence from Georgetown 

Edited by Toastandbeans

2 minutes ago, Toastandbeans said:

Did everyone receive this? Or are you both applying for MAISA? I applied for MSFS and only received an email a few months ago about an eligible scholarship application.... Otherwise it's been radio-silence from Georgetown 

i believe that niceswing and i both applied for MASIA

i dont necessarily know how to interpret information from these smaller programs because they look like they all do things differently. all we can really do is wait and hope for the best 

3 hours ago, jellyana said:

i believe that niceswing and i both applied for MASIA

i dont necessarily know how to interpret information from these smaller programs because they look like they all do things differently. all we can really do is wait and hope for the best 

I also got accepted to MASIA and received an unofficial letter from the admissions. I didn't get anything other than that! Did you receive something else?

Edited by goodvibesonly

1 hour ago, goodvibesonly said:

I also got accepted to MASIA and received an unofficial letter from the admissions. I didn't get anything other than that! Did you receive something else?

Nope! Just another reminder that the FLAS application is up on the website and to apply while there's still time.

That kind of makes me feel better? If none of us got any information about scholarships/fellowships/financial awards/etc. then that information might still be included in the official letter... whenever we get that