2021 Journalism Masters Programs

hippo

12 minutes ago, criminologyandcookies said:

did anyone get a call from NYU about acceptance but no official email/update in the grad app portal? it’s been almost a week since I got my call and no official updates ... kinda confused lol

Yeah same thing on my end. I'm assuming it's just administrative lag, wouldn't think too much of it.

1 hour ago, console_logger said:

Interestingly under the "Federal Financial Aid & Journalism Scholarships" section, the 2021-2022 FAFSA is mentioned.

....Yes I am this bored and obsessive.

Ah! I also have been obsessively looking at past years and noticed most decisions were released around the 12-15. I feel like they would do it on a Friday rather than a Monday? I emailed admissions and they simply said 'mid March' so my guess is late this week. 

Does anyone know what it might mean if we haven't gotten a call from NYU yet? I applied for the magazine/digital writing specialization and I saw that they were calling kind of sporadically but now I'm getting worried since I haven't received a call.

3 minutes ago, jennnifer said:

Does anyone know what it might mean if we haven't gotten a call from NYU yet? I applied for the magazine/digital writing specialization and I saw that they were calling kind of sporadically but now I'm getting worried since I haven't received a call.

Yeah wondering this too. Also applied to that. I don’t have a US number. I’m guessing they don’t call everyone?? Some portals will just be updated? No one on results page has gotten any news via emails yet. But honestly idk I’m just guessing/reasoning/grasping at straws? I hope we hear back within the next few days regardless.

2 minutes ago, Zb17 said:

Yeah wondering this too. Also applied to that. I don’t have a US number. I’m guessing they don’t call everyone?? Some portals will just be updated? No one on results page has gotten any news via emails yet. But honestly idk I’m just guessing/reasoning/grasping at straws? I hope we hear back within the next few days regardless.

I have a US number so now I'm just stressed haha. I wish they let everyone know all at once! I hate trying to understand the rationale of the order

5 minutes ago, Zb17 said:

To clarify I actually got an email from NYU last week, not a call. I was accepted to the Studio 20 program though, so different specialization.

2 minutes ago, console_logger said:

To clarify I actually got an email from NYU last week, not a call. I was accepted to the Studio 20 program though, so different specialization.

Interesting interesting! Well first off congratulations :) guess we’ll see what goes on with the magazine track in due time

6 minutes ago, jennifer7 said:

I have a US number so now I'm just stressed haha. I wish they let everyone know all at once! I hate trying to understand the rationale of the order

I know it’s really killing me. I presume any day now

46 minutes ago, Zb17 said:

Actually just got the email! Admitted :) good luck to everyone

27 minutes ago, jennifer7 said:

I just got the news too!! They called me ?

Oh gosh... I haven't heard yet for that same specialization.. ? Guess it's not looking too good for me. I wonder if they called everyone already. Congratulations to you both though!!!

Edited by anna23

7 minutes ago, anna23 said:

Oh gosh... I haven't heard yet for that same specialization.. ? Guess it's not looking too good for me. I wonder if they called everyone already. Congratulations to you both though!!!

I saw that the ones who got the call last week got some kind of scholarship and she told me on the phone that as of right now I didn't get any, so I think she may still be calling people it will just mean no scholarship. I wouldn't worry quite yet!

15 minutes ago, anna23 said:

I also got no scholarship As @jennifer7said!! Good luck!! Wishing you the best :)

4 hours ago, Zb17 said:

6 hours ago, console_logger said:

Yeah same thing on my end. I'm assuming it's just administrative lag, wouldn't think too much of it.

You guys got calls from NYU? For what program?

I'm seeing people got calls from NYU which is making me nervous. I applied for the Cultural Reporting & Criticism program there. Anyone else? In my app when it asked me to check any other programs I'd be interested in if I didn't get into CRC, I clicked Digital Magazine & Storytelling. Hoping I get into CRC but would be stoked on either, really! But hearing some people have gotten calls is getting me so nervous :(

Also, does Columbia send emails? Does anyone know? Or do we just have to obsessively check the portal, lol?

Edited by MissWorld19
Forgot something!

16 minutes ago, MissWorld19 said:

I'm seeing people got calls from NYU which is making me nervous. I applied for the Cultural Reporting & Criticism program there. Anyone else? In my app when it asked me to check any other programs I'd be interested in if I didn't get into CRC, I clicked Digital Magazine & Storytelling. Hoping I get into CRC but would be stoked on either, really! But hearing some people have gotten calls is getting me so nervous :(

Also, does Columbia send emails? Does anyone know? Or do we just have to obsessively check the portal, lol?

Columbia sends emails for sure!

1 hour ago, MissWorld19 said:

I applied to CRC too! Honestly I wouldn’t worry too much, it seems like it’s only the Magazine track that so releasing decisions? It might only be that track that gets phone calls too. Good luck!! 

13 hours ago, Rachel78 said:

I applied to CRC too! Honestly I wouldn’t worry too much, it seems like it’s only the Magazine track that so releasing decisions? It might only be that track that gets phone calls too. Good luck!! 

You too! Let me know how it goes. I also applied to Columbia arts & culture reporting MA so waiting to hear back on both. Fingers crossed for both of us!

Does anyone know anything about when Columbia will be releasing decisions other than just "mid-March"? I saw in previous years people emailed and they gave them a better time frame but I'm too nervous to email myself. Last year the day the released decisions was Thursday the 12th so if they do it the same way we might find out tomorrrow?

1 hour ago, jennifer7 said:

Does anyone know anything about when Columbia will be releasing decisions other than just "mid-March"? I saw in previous years people emailed and they gave them a better time frame but I'm too nervous to email myself. Last year the day the released decisions was Thursday the 12th so if they do it the same way we might find out tomorrrow?

To be honest, I think they will send responses from Monday, 15th...

Some people have told me that after they update this page to 2021-22 it's because they are going to send the results:

https://journalism.columbia.edu/new-student-information (still 2020-21)

2 hours ago, jennifer7 said:

My friend found out on 3/12 last year, but that was for the MS program, so not sure about MA! Hoping we hear soon though!

On an amazing note, I got a call today from NYU with my 'unofficial' acceptance. Couldn't be more thrilled! I was so excited and caught off guard on the phone because I didn't think they'd be calling, that I sounded totally flustered and probably like a crazy person... but I was just so excited!!!

43 minutes ago, MissWorld19 said:

My friend found out on 3/12 last year, but that was for the MS program, so not sure about MA! Hoping we hear soon though!

On an amazing note, I got a call today from NYU with my 'unofficial' acceptance. Couldn't be more thrilled! I was so excited and caught off guard on the phone because I didn't think they'd be calling, that I sounded totally flustered and probably like a crazy person... but I was just so excited!!!

Congratulations!!!

1 hour ago, MissWorld19 said:

congrats!!! :))