2021 Journalism Masters Programs

hippo

4 hours ago, doe123 said:

Haven't heard from Medill either! But I also havent gotten an interview with them- I applied for round 2. Not having high hopes about it. Also have yet to hear from Columbia MS, & NYU global journalism

I applied round 2 as well! You were meant to schedule an interview I believe though? I think it was optional. I could be completely wrong if it varies based on specialization. I applied for magazine. Good luck!!!

2 hours ago, jennifer7 said:

I was accepted during the first round of Medill acceptances and they called me around 3:30pm CT on a Friday! I don't know if they'll do something similar for the second and third rounds but if it makes anybody feel better if they don't call today I wouldn't stressĀ ?

Thank you!!!

19 hours ago, MissWorld19 said:

My friend found out on 3/12 last year, but that was for the MS program, so not sure about MA! Hoping we hear soon though!

On an amazing note, I got a call today from NYU with my 'unofficial' acceptance. Couldn't be more thrilled! I was so excited and caught off guard on the phone because I didn't think they'd be calling, that I sounded totally flustered and probably like a crazy person... but I was just so excited!!!

Ahh congrats!! Hoping I hear back from them soon so I donā€™t have to stress so much, even if itā€™s a rejection lolĀ 

1 hour ago, Rachel78 said:

Ahh congrats!! Hoping I hear back from them soon so I donā€™t have to stress so much, even if itā€™s a rejection lolĀ 

Fingers crossed for you! I'm still waiting for my official acceptance + to hear back from Columbia, so I hear you!

I haven't heard anything from Berkeley Financial Aid yet. Does anyone know if that would be an email, a call or to check on their actually account created for the application?

It's also nice to see this form actually active. I've been really stressed about the entire process. I have received acceptance from American, Northwestern, UC Berkeley and NYU (Magazine). I'm waiting to hear something back from Columbia (M.S.), USC (M.A.) and Craig Newmark Grad School of Journalism.

Has anyone hear anything from those schools yet? I know CUNY said they'd release admissions next week.

1 hour ago, caffeinecoffeetay said:

I haven't heard anything from Berkeley Financial Aid yet. Does anyone know if that would be an email, a call or to check on their actually account created for the application?

It's also nice to see this form actually active. I've been really stressed about the entire process. I have received acceptance from American, Northwestern, UC Berkeley and NYU (Magazine). I'm waiting to hear something back from Columbia (M.S.), USC (M.A.) and Craig Newmark Grad School of Journalism.

Has anyone hear anything from those schools yet? I know CUNY said they'd release admissions next week.

Congrats on the acceptances! I know USC sent out a bunch of results but I haven't heard about the other schools. I'm also waiting on CUNY and Columbia and also Medill!

15 hours ago, jennifer7 said:

I was accepted during the first round of Medill acceptances and they called me around 3:30pm CT on a Friday! I don't know if they'll do something similar for the second and third rounds but if it makes anybody feel better if they don't call today I wouldn't stressĀ ?

Ahhh, good to know! thank you:)

Edited by anna23

21 hours ago, Zb17 said:

I applied round 2 as well! You were meant to schedule an interview I believe though? I think it was optional. I could be completely wrong if it varies based on specialization. I applied for magazine. Good luck!!!

oh no! I realize i got that email in October when i was dealing with an emergency so I didn't even see it aghh. Well, that's disappointing. I'll call them tomorrow but i assume since I didn't schedule an interview, I'm probably out. I'll call them tomorrow but that's a bummer. At least I've got Berkeley and USC

9 hours ago, journo5 said:

Has anyone heard about financial aid from Berkeley yet? I got an email that I was recommended for admission last week and to expect an email with financial aid details sometime this week...Ā 

so Berkeley sent out an email today saying that financial stuff will be enclosed in another email later. So possibly next week? They sent my official admission letter today and that's what it said in that letter

1 minute ago, doe123 said:

oh no! I realize i got that email in October when i was dealing with an emergency so I didn't even see it aghh. Well, that's disappointing. I'll call them tomorrow but i assume since I didn't schedule an interview, I'm probably out. I'll call them tomorrow but that's a bummer. At least I've got Berkeley and USC

So sorry to hear about all that, but def donā€™t think you should could yourself out! Completely not unheard of to be accepted without the interview. My fingers are v crossed for you!! Good luck today!! :)Ā and congrats on USC and Berkeley!Ā 

Just now, Zb17 said:

So sorry to hear about all that, but def donā€™t think you should could yourself out! Completely not unheard of to be accepted without the interview. My fingers are v crossed for you!! Good luck today!! :)Ā and congrats on USC and Berkeley!Ā 

Thank you! Good luck to you too and I really hope you hear great news from Medill! I've emailed them so we'll see what they say although I feel super silly right now for not reading through my email more lol.Ā 

Congrats!!! And thanks for letting us know!! Really really hoping to also hear from Columbia and Berkeley financial aid today so I can start with the decision making this weekend, itā€™s gonna be tough. Iā€™m alsoĀ in at NYU, I think $$$ is going to be the biggest deciding factor for me.Ā 

9 minutes ago, journo5 said:

Congrats!!! And thanks for letting us know!! Really really hoping to also hear from Columbia and Berkeley financial aid today so I can start with the decision making this weekend, itā€™s gonna be tough. Iā€™m alsoĀ in at NYU, I think $$$ is going to be the biggest deciding factor for me.Ā 

Thank you so much!! Congrats on your acceptances too!! I hope you hear back with plenty of scholarship offers soon!Ā I'm still waiting on NYU.... that's a dream school but yeah I don't know if I'll be able to attend if I don't get any money at all.

Okay I also just got an acceptance callĀ from Medill! But, they said financial aid info wonā€™t be out until possibly Friday of NEXT weekĀ ?Ā honestly, the acceptances are meaningless to me without the financial aid info because I canā€™t attend without some financial support. I wish theyā€™d realize that/prioritize getting the financial stuff out sooner.

Ā 

Hereā€™s hoping to generous, need-based financial aid offers all around to the folks that need it ??Ā 

11 minutes ago, journo5 said:

Okay I also just got an acceptance callĀ from Medill! But, they said financial aid info wonā€™t be out until possibly Friday of NEXT weekĀ ?Ā honestly, the acceptances are meaningless to me without the financial aid info because I canā€™t attend without some financial support. I wish theyā€™d realize that/prioritize getting the financial stuff out sooner.

Ā 

Hereā€™s hoping to generous, need-based financial aid offers all around to the folks that need it ??Ā 

Ā Congratulations!!! Wishing you luck with financial aid!! Iā€™m waiting on an email not a call so Iā€™m in such suspense right now... but amazing to hear from everyone!!!

1 hour ago, journo5 said:

Have you received an acceptance from Columbia yet? If so, which program??

1 hour ago, Zb17 said:

Omg that is so amazing! Congratulations!!! Ah!

Thank you so so much!!!!! :)

Ā 

Congrats! Oh yeah, I'm totally with you..Ā I need at least SOME sortĀ of funding. Crossing my fingers for all of us!!

12 hours ago, anna23 said:

Congrats on the acceptances! I know USC sent out a bunch of results but I haven't heard about the other schools. I'm also waiting on CUNY and Columbia and also Medill!

Ahhh, good to know! thank you:)

Thank you so much. Yeah, I haven't heard anything at all from USCā€”denial or otherwise. I probably didn't get in then. It is what it is I guess.

Ā 

Ā 

Congrats! Yeah, unfortunately that is the process at Medill. When I received the call for financial aid for Round One, it was a email they sent late at night. Hopefully you'll definitely get some money!