2021 Journalism Masters Programs

hippo

6 hours ago, Zb17 said:

You too! Thank you!!

I was told I would receive an email today about my admission, but there's nothing in my inbox. Sorry to get all of your hopes up that you'd receive a decision, I'm just as disappointed as all of you.

4 hours ago, hippo said:

How is everyone being notified by USC? Is there somewhere I can login? The application portal hasn't changed for me at all.

I saw an international student who applied to their journalism program say they got in through an email. This was posted on the gradadmissions subreddit.

9 hours ago, Zb17 said:

Just got accepted to USC! The letter did say March 3 but got the email an hour ago! Diff portal from the regular one, had to like set up a different account to get the decision. Bit strange, but v excited. Good luck to all!

Congrats! MS or MA? 

9 hours ago, Zb17 said:

Just got accepted to USC! The letter did say March 3 but got the email an hour ago! Diff portal from the regular one, had to like set up a different account to get the decision. Bit strange, but v excited. Good luck to all!

Is the different portal you.usc.edu?

Just now, Zb17 said:

Yes! And MS

Right on. I applied for the MA and haven't gotten any word yet. I have a USC ID already so I can login to you.usc.edu, but there's nothing for me there just yet... Thanks for the update.

51 minutes ago, hippo said:

Right on. I applied for the MA and haven't gotten any word yet. I have a USC ID already so I can login to you.usc.edu, but there's nothing for me there just yet... Thanks for the update.

Interesting ok! Maybe just MS coming out first then. Good luck, looking forward to hearing your results :)

On 2/20/2021 at 1:48 AM, Zb17 said:

I don’t have a US phone number (they don’t call unless you do), so I guess I’d not know either way! For round two I figured they’d start first week of March, but they’re doing now? Have portals been updated? Good luck!! Ah!

Would you happen to know if other programs also don’t call non-American numbers? Columbia and Berkeley specifically - I’ve been wondering this but haven’t found any information on it 

5 hours ago, Ocap said:

Would you happen to know if other programs also don’t call non-American numbers? Columbia and Berkeley specifically - I’ve been wondering this but haven’t found any information on it 

I only know for Medill! 

Medill round 2 should be coming out soon I guess! Did anyone hear yesterday? I’m not sure they’ll send out acceptances on a Saturday but who knows. Round 1 came out so early I’m surprised there were no updates to results page yesterday! Guess we’ll wait and see. Good luck as always guys!

On 3/6/2021 at 6:09 AM, Zb17 said:

Medill round 2 should be coming out soon I guess! Did anyone hear yesterday? I’m not sure they’ll send out acceptances on a Saturday but who knows. Round 1 came out so early I’m surprised there were no updates to results page yesterday! Guess we’ll wait and see. Good luck as always guys!

I have not heard yet!!! it says march 12th on the site but I do hope we hear back towards the beginning of the week! ? good luck to you as well!

I was accepted into Medill first round for MS via phone call a few weeks ago. Really nervous about Columbia and I did not get an interview so I am quite nervous. I think we should most likely be hearing on Friday? Does anyone know for sure? Really freaking out because it is my top choice and no interview. 

59 minutes ago, Journo99 said:

I was accepted into Medill first round for MS via phone call a few weeks ago. Really nervous about Columbia and I did not get an interview so I am quite nervous. I think we should most likely be hearing on Friday? Does anyone know for sure? Really freaking out because it is my top choice and no interview. 

Congrats on Medill!! I have no clue about Columbia but Friday would be nice haha. I also thought they don't usually do interviews? 

5 hours ago, anna23 said:

I have not heard yet!!! it says march 12th on the site but I do hope we hear back towards the beginning of the week! ? good luck to you as well!

Seems like they typically send out decisions towards the end of the week, but I’ll be on the edge of my seat til then :)!!!

About Columbia: 

I really believe that we should expect to hear back about the decision by mid-March. 15th is a Monday, so I think we can expect to hear responses from that date..

Some people have told me that after they update this page to 2021-22 it's because they are going to send the results! I spend the whole day updating! 

https://journalism.columbia.edu/new-student-information

Edited by ggnr

3 hours ago, ggnr said:

About Columbia: 

I really believe that we should expect to hear back about the decision by mid-March. 15th is a Monday, so I think we can expect to hear responses from that date..

Some people have told me that after they update this page to 2021-22 it's because they are going to send the results! I spend the whole day updating! 

https://journalism.columbia.edu/new-student-information

Interestingly under the "Federal Financial Aid & Journalism Scholarships" section, the 2021-2022 FAFSA is mentioned.

....Yes I am this bored and obsessive.

Edited by console_logger

11 hours ago, anna23 said:

Congrats on Medill!! I have no clue about Columbia but Friday would be nice haha. I also thought they don't usually do interviews? 

Yeah, i'm almost 100% certain only the people who applied for the specialty programs get interviews, namely, data/documentary/ investigative.