2021 Journalism Masters Programs

hippo

On 2/12/2021 at 2:16 PM, anna23 said:

I applied to Columbia and NYU as well except I applied for the MS program for Columbia not MA but I am just as clueless as you when it comes to interviews. It looks like some people already got some response and others didn't. I completed my writing test but no clue what to expect in terms of interviews. Hoping we all hear back soon!

Thank you for sharing!! Congrats on USC's program! 

My friend is currently enrolled in the MS program at Columbia and she did not have an interview as part of her process. She spoke to multiple her friends in the program and only one of them had an interview. So, it seems it's not standard for the MS program, but wish I could get an answer on the MA! I thought I remembered reading when I began my application that there were no interviews as part of the process, but of course now I can't seem to find where I read that. So, who knows! I just want to hear back already ?

On 2/15/2021 at 12:12 AM, hippo said:

Congratulations to whoever announced on the main page that you got into USC. Curious to know which program you got a notification from. I noticed that they extended the deadline to February 15. 

Was v curious about this too!

7 hours ago, hippo said:

Northwestern is making calls for 1st and 2nd rounds.

I don’t have a US phone number (they don’t call unless you do), so I guess I’d not know either way! For round two I figured they’d start first week of March, but they’re doing now? Have portals been updated? Good luck!! Ah!

20 hours ago, Zb17 said:

I don’t have a US phone number (they don’t call unless you do), so I guess I’d not know either way! For round two I figured they’d start first week of March, but they’re doing now? Have portals been updated? Good luck!! Ah!

I applied second round and received a call. Portal also updated. Good luck to all.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I applied second round and received a call. Portal also updated. Good luck to all.

Congratulations! That is amazing. No updates on my end— application still in review on portal. Fingers crossed. Still, congrats to you!

On 2/17/2021 at 1:04 PM, MissWorld19 said:

My friend is currently enrolled in the MS program at Columbia and she did not have an interview as part of her process. She spoke to multiple her friends in the program and only one of them had an interview. So, it seems it's not standard for the MS program, but wish I could get an answer on the MA! I thought I remembered reading when I began my application that there were no interviews as part of the process, but of course now I can't seem to find where I read that. So, who knows! I just want to hear back already ?

Hi! :)

Don't worry about it!

I applied for the MA (Politics concentration) -- and I was told by the admissions office that they send out decisions in mid-March...

Fingers crossed!

Curious about that USC update to the results page! Are we meant to be hearing soon? I applied with the 10 January deadline, but I did see they extended the deadline to like mid February (I think?). They have so little info about decision dates on the website so wouldn’t be surprised if it was very rolling. Any thoughts? Hope all is well!

On 2/28/2021 at 3:08 AM, Zb17 said:

Curious about that USC update to the results page! Are we meant to be hearing soon? I applied with the 10 January deadline, but I did see they extended the deadline to like mid February (I think?). They have so little info about decision dates on the website so wouldn’t be surprised if it was very rolling. Any thoughts? Hope all is well!

Did you hear back from USC yet? I got accepted last night and saw some others got accepted days before so I agree that it's possibly rolling? 

3 hours ago, doe123 said:

Did you hear back from USC yet? I got accepted last night and saw some others got accepted days before so I agree that it's possibly rolling? 

Omg that’s amazing! Congrats! I’ve not yet heard back but fingers crossed!

Has anyone who applied for the multimedia specialization at UC Berkeley heard back?? I see some documentary and narrative writing people have, but I'm not sure about multimedia. Not hearing back yet is killing me! I wish they would've just let everyone know the same day lol

7 hours ago, Zb17 said:

Omg that’s amazing! Congrats! I’ve not yet heard back but fingers crossed!

Just emailed a guy on the admissions committee at USC. He said decisions are being sent out today. Wishing the best for you!

1 hour ago, NeckPocket said:

Just emailed a guy on the admissions committee at USC. He said decisions are being sent out today. Wishing the best for you!

Good luck to everyone. I applied for MA / Specialty Journalism. I haven't received anything yet, and now I'm nervous. EEK! 

4 hours ago, jennnifer said:

Has anyone who applied for the multimedia specialization at UC Berkeley heard back?? I see some documentary and narrative writing people have, but I'm not sure about multimedia. Not hearing back yet is killing me! I wish they would've just let everyone know the same day lol

Same. I put multimedia in my application ... haven’t heard back since the interview last month.