Fall 2021 MTS

waltzier97

26 minutes ago, LakeSuperior said:

Duke just called to congratulate me on being accepted to their MDiv and offered a 50% tuition scholarship! For those wondering, Duke's admissions team is calling accepted applicants today and will send acceptance emails in the afternoon.

I'm over the moon right now!

Congrats! What a great call to receive!!!!

13 hours ago, waltzier97 said:

@theofan

If your friend hasn't heard back they probably will verrrry soon. I was rejected at ND this afternoon, so I imagine it's about that time. So it goes. I'll finish the application season going 3/4!

Hey thanks alot!  I will let my friend know...another friend of mine just got into the ND PhD theology program, so at least some good news for me. 

3 hours ago, Joey_Jawad said:

Praying that Chicago hurries up and posts results EARLY march as they said, as soon as possible, because the wait is killing me. Congrats to all those who got into a program! I'm so desperate to have ONE acceptance at hand, envious of yall. 

Yes, I hope that out of pure charity all those with offers will make decisions as early as possible!  

17 hours ago, waltzier97 said:

@theofan

If your friend hasn't heard back they probably will verrrry soon. I was rejected at ND this afternoon, so I imagine it's about that time. So it goes. I'll finish the application season going 3/4!

Yeah, my friend just got his rejection letter. Not even waitlisted. He was a highly qualified applicant (philosophy and theology degrees, perfect GPA, near perfect GRE, seven languages, presentations at conferences, pastoral experience, etc.) with interests in sync with the department, but there are just aren't alot of spots available this year...a big congrats to all those who got offers!  And I hope those of you with rejection letter in hand can maintain the dream even if it doesn't come true this particular year...

1 hour ago, theofan said:

Yeah, my friend just got his rejection letter. Not even waitlisted. He was a highly qualified applicant (philosophy and theology degrees, perfect GPA, near perfect GRE, seven languages, presentations at conferences, pastoral experience, etc.) with interests in sync with the department, but there are just aren't alot of spots available this year...a big congrats to all those who got offers!  And I hope those of you with rejection letter in hand can maintain the dream even if it doesn't come true this particular year...

Damn. This is making me feel rather unworthy of ND. 

56 minutes ago, Chicago Guy said:

Damn. This is making me feel rather unworthy of ND. 

Yeah, I'm mystified as to why they didn't take my friend. I don't know what else he could have done to improve his application. Maybe he was overqualified? Maybe there were several applications very similiar to his? Anyway, you should have no doubt that you have something unique that ND was looking for and you should be proud of that! :)

Edited by theofan

40 minutes ago, theofan said:

Yeah, I'm mystified as to why they didn't take my friend. I don't know what else he could have done to improve his application. Maybe he was overqualified? Maybe there were several applications very similiar to his? Anyway, you should have no doubt that you have something unique that ND was looking for and you should be proud of that! :)

Where was his undergrad?

Hi there! Congrats on everyone who has been accepted to programs and best of luck to those still waiting! Has anyone heard about the MPhil or MSt in Philosophical theology at Oxford? I know they sent out some acceptances but there is only 3 (including PhD) reported on the forum so I was wondering if maybe there would be more. Thank you!

18 hours ago, davidhume1739 said:

Hi there! Congrats on everyone who has been accepted to programs and best of luck to those still waiting! Has anyone heard about the MPhil or MSt in Philosophical theology at Oxford? I know they sent out some acceptances but there is only 3 (including PhD) reported on the forum so I was wondering if maybe there would be more. Thank you!

They may have released offers for the PhD Theology but I think they are a little more streamlined with the MPhil and MsT and release acceptances a few days before rejections, but all at the same time. I am still waiting!

1 hour ago, courtak said:

They may have released offers for the PhD Theology but I think they are a little more streamlined with the MPhil and MsT and release acceptances a few days before rejections, but all at the same time. I am still waiting!

So good to hear - I wish you the best and hope you hear good news soon!

On 2/27/2021 at 8:49 PM, davidhume1739 said:

Hi! I did receive an acceptance (MPhil in Theology) via email at the end of last week but just posted it on the results forum today. From my impression it seems as though they send the notices in waves, and not necessarily all on the same day, potentially depending on subfields within the faculty. Best wishes!

5 hours ago, Pzt said:

Hello, folks. Does anybody know whether Chicago sends an email notification about the admissions decision?

"When a decision has been made you will receive an email notifying you of a change in your application status, and asking you to log in to the application system to review it."

So I think yes

Waiting for HDS and Chicago Divinity...

I have lots of other work to do but the days are dragging. Can't help but check my application status 87 x a day.

Anyone have any advice about how to distract yourself? ?

Hm I'm going to take a (hopeful?) wager and guess that Chicago releases results this Friday, because what I've learned from previous threads is that schools like to give out bad news on Fridays? but then again that's just my desperate-to-be-out-of-limbo self talking

Edited by Joey_Jawad

1 hour ago, Joey_Jawad said:

Hm I'm going to take a (hopeful?) wager and guess that Chicago releases results this Friday, because what I've learned from previous threads is that schools like to give out bad news on Fridays? but then again that's just my desperate-to-be-out-of-limbo self talking

Since I have not seen any uploads on gradcafe from Chicago,  I really hope it's not just bad news on Friday!