2022 Neuroscience PhD Applicants and Admissions Results

neur0naut

On 2/1/2022 at 8:15 PM, brkkmnkk said:

Anyone here who interviewed with Weill Cornell? Do you guys know anything about when we might hear back? The final interview is Thursday. That's all I know.

my last interview with them was on Monday, and the PI emailed me yesterday saying they were gonna meet today to discuss. "You will hear back from us very soon"

On 2/4/2022 at 8:39 AM, idealism said:

Hey, I also interviewed at Columbia last week. I wonder what post did you get? I didn't get anything. Thanks!

As far as I remember, AdComm asked for a date of interview between two and address to receive a post.  But no further info about what's the post etc. 

Edited by doodlynoodly

1 minute ago, doodlynoodly said:

I applied to/interviewed at CMU PNC and the invitation was for a virtual visiting day at CNBC.

I see.. I also got interviewed at CMU PNC but didn't receive anything. I emailed office regarding the visiting day on Friday, but was told that admission decision (and the visiting invitation) has not been sent.. but well :(thank and congrats! 

2 minutes ago, hj19 said:

I see.. I also got interviewed at CMU PNC but didn't receive anything. I emailed office regarding the visiting day on Friday, but was told that admission decision (and the visiting invitation) has not been sent.. but well :(thank and congrats! 

Oh I see., although I am not 100% convinced if this is something to do with admission.

Good luck with your applications! 

Just now, doodlynoodly said:

Oh I see., although I am not 100% convinced if this is something to do with admission.

Good luck with your applications! 

I asked academic program manager for clarification, and was told that the admitted students will be invited to visit campus later this month and that visiting invitation won't be sent until students are notified of their admission.

Not sure if there's any difference in on-site visit and virtual visit tho...

6 hours ago, hj19 said:

I asked academic program manager for clarification, and was told that the admitted students will be invited to visit campus later this month and that visiting invitation won't be sent until students are notified of their admission.

Not sure if there's any difference in on-site visit and virtual visit tho...

As @doodlynoodlysaid, this isn't a visit to campus or a virtual visit for accepted students to make their decision. It was just an invite to the CNBC program info session essentially. Which was likely sent to everyone who interviewed at Pitt or CMU. Just to learn more about the CNBC program that you can apply for once you start the program at CMU or Pitt. But I don't think not getting that invite means anything. I haven't heard anything from Pitt yet, and I could very well be rejected. It's probably just a mistake that you didn't receive the email.

8 hours ago, doodlynoodly said:

As far as I remember, AdComm asked for a date of interview between two and address to receive a post.  But no further info about what's the post etc. 

oh! i got a package in the mail over the weekend, it just had some columbia swag in it - water bottle, bag, etc

2 hours ago, wistem11 said:

As @doodlynoodlysaid, this isn't a visit to campus or a virtual visit for accepted students to make their decision. It was just an invite to the CNBC program info session essentially. Which was likely sent to everyone who interviewed at Pitt or CMU. Just to learn more about the CNBC program that you can apply for once you start the program at CMU or Pitt. But I don't think not getting that invite means anything. I haven't heard anything from Pitt yet, and I could very well be rejected. It's probably just a mistake that you didn't receive the email.

Just heard from the PNC! I'm not sure if they were correlated but I did receive the CNBC invitation and now the PNC acceptance

On 12/22/2021 at 5:19 PM, abbeyaverde1 said:

Hi everyone, new here but thought this might be helpful as I've found other people's posts regarding interviews helpful in figuring out where I may not be getting an interview.

I've received the following interview invites:

1. USC (emailed 12/17)

2. UCLA (emailed 12/17)

3. UC Irvine (emailed 12/19)

4. UCSD (emailed 12/20)

Good luck everyone!

Hi!

I am wondering if you received any updates after your first round of UC Irvine interviews? I interviewed on Jan 21st but didn't hear anything back yet. Is this a silent rejection for me? ? 

4 minutes ago, Yutian Zhang said:

Hi!

I am wondering if you received any updates after your first round of UC Irvine interviews? I interviewed on Jan 21st but didn't hear anything back yet. Is this a silent rejection for me? ? 

Hi I have not heard anything back yet! I interviewed the same day. I remember they had said they would likely start sending out invitations for in person interviews a couple weeks after, so that would be earliest on 02/04. Hopefully they will be sending out info soon! Not sure if anyone else here interviewed and has heard back yet?

33 minutes ago, abbeyaverde1 said:

Hi I have not heard anything back yet! I interviewed the same day. I remember they had said they would likely start sending out invitations for in person interviews a couple weeks after, so that would be earliest on 02/04. Hopefully they will be sending out info soon! Not sure if anyone else here interviewed and has heard back yet?

40 minutes ago, Yutian Zhang said:

Hi!

I haven't heard back either. Someone else I know who interviewed also hasn't heard anything so hopefully Gary will get back to us soon :). 

Edited by electrophys

11 hours ago, electrophys said:

I haven't heard back either. Someone else I know who interviewed also hasn't heard anything so hopefully Gary will get back to us soon :). 

Also interviewed on the 21st :) I sent Gary and email yesterday morning and haven't heard back either. Staying hopeful! 

I was offered admission to a Canadian Neuroscience MSc/Ph.D. program and the supervisor I indicated in my letter of interest accepted me. I received the official admission letter today. Meanwhile, I just found out that another supervisor who is world renown for his work had sent me an email in September (5 months ago) saying he had shortlisted me and wanted to set up an interview. I had missed this email for reasons that are too long to explain here. I emailed him back today told him that I have already secured a supervisor but would love to discuss my interests with him. I wasn't expecting to hear back, but he said he will review my application and will let me know if I'm shortlisted again since he's still looking to take students. My question is: is it ethical to agree to an interview with him even though another supervisor has sent me an official offer of admission and agreed to supervise me? Would I lose my current offer if he finds out I'm being considered by someone else in the department? Any advice would be appreciated :)