SSRC IDRF 2021

anthro8752

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2021 at 8:43 AM, ssharm48 said:

No, I haven't heard yet. Any idea when are they likely to declare the final results? 

No word on anything yet. I think we will hear something by April 10th or so.

Last year, acceptance/ rejection letters were sent on April 8th I think.

I am not really holding my breath as I had a transcript request which already means I was not in a "top tier", so my chances are rather slim, given also my marginal research area in a discipline (history) which is rarely funded by IDRF. And finally, the number of awards this year is 60, as opposed to 70+ in previous years. 

Edited by zkasim2

@zkasim2 Why does a transcript request put applicants in the lower tiers? Did you hear this from some source? I also had a transcript request - I was told that all finalists were asked for transcripts. 

I am hoping the decision is released sooner rather than later, the waiting is killing me....

10 hours ago, anthro8752 said:

@zkasim2 Why does a transcript request put applicants in the lower tiers? Did you hear this from some source? I also had a transcript request - I was told that all finalists were asked for transcripts. 

I am hoping the decision is released sooner rather than later, the waiting is killing me....

Hi! Apologies if I had unwittingly given you a new bout of anxiety with my comment. In the last 3 years I heard it repeatedly from various people that those finalists who are ranked higher, do not get a request for transcripts. It was solely based on anecdotal evidence, and after digging deeper today (here: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Dissertation_Fellowships_2021-2022#SSRC_-_IDRF), I see that this is inaccurate., and like you said, all finalists get a transcript request. 

Hopefully, we will hear good news soon! I am basically only waiting for IDRF at this point - received rejections form a bunch of other places already.

1 hour ago, anthro8752 said:

Based on previous years, we should know by the end of today (usually released on Tuesday or Wednesday of the second week in April). Don't know if it will be delayed this year because of Covid though....

Oh I sure hope so!

Through 2019 at least though, I’m seeing the second Monday of April as the release date, but you could be right after 2019.

Also, I’m seeing release time as about 3 PM EST.

Could be wrong, but this is what I’m seeing from old grad cafe posts!

Edited by ctg7w6

16 minutes ago, zkasim2 said:

I was really hoping we would get an email at 3 pm ET today. This wait is preventing me from fully focusing on my writing. Ugh.

Ha! I feel you on that. Although, I am trying to get as much writing done as I can before the potentially bad news arrives!

31 minutes ago, Gwarth94 said:

Nothing as of yet! Optimistic we will hear today and I think people usually hear in the afternoon ET. Good luck everyone!

Indeed, still waiting and hoping! As I mentioned above, from what I can gather, decisions usually go out around 3 PM ET. This is also the second Monday of April which, as I mentioned above, was the usual release date prior to 2020 (again, from what I can gather anecdotally from people who have posted information).

So, fingers crossed!

Just now, anthro8752 said:

I really hope today is the day. 

Already got two rejections on Friday. Not super optimistic about this one. 

Ouch. Good luck to you then!!! I've got my fingers crossed for you too!

What are the odds today is the day ?

I feel like we have to be careful about expecting precedent based on past years and stressing ourselves out in the process. I don’t even get the same thing done at the same time day to day imagine getting all the folks involved in these awards to do it  

Edited by LetsGetThisBread