OGS Results 2021-2022

Pouty_Scouty

I couldn’t find a thread started for this year’s OGS competition, so starting one now. Carleton released their results on Monday March 1st, and I was told that I was on the waitlist. I’m wondering if any one knows how many people are typically on the OGS waitlist at Carleton and what proportion of those waitlisted end up receiving an award?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everyone:  can you please help a Canadian who studied in the US and is new to Canadian grants?  I know that I am waitlisted for SSHRC CGM but I also applied for the OGS and was not notified about this status.  Where do you learn about OGS?  Is it through the Research Portal or elsewhere?  I can not find this information anywhere and my department is not responding to any of my funding queries and it is becoming rather frustrating.  I really deeply appreciate anyone taking the time to unpack this for me (and anyone following this thread.) Thank you.

13 hours ago, CAVALE said:

Everyone:  can you please help a Canadian who studied in the US and is new to Canadian grants?  I know that I am waitlisted for SSHRC CGM but I also applied for the OGS and was not notified about this status.  Where do you learn about OGS?  Is it through the Research Portal or elsewhere?  I can not find this information anywhere and my department is not responding to any of my funding queries and it is becoming rather frustrating.  I really deeply appreciate anyone taking the time to unpack this for me (and anyone following this thread.) Thank you.

Hi there! I believe that OGS results are provided through the school that you applied to. There may be an awards website for the school you applied to or just message the graduate studies office and they can give you more information. I know you said they aren't responding but maybe give them a call? At my school it is quite informal and they simply send you an email once they have the results! I do not know how this works for international students though. 

Hope this helps!

3 minutes ago, Dannigart said:

Hi there! I believe that OGS results are provided through the school that you applied to. There may be an awards website for the school you applied to or just message the graduate studies office and they can give you more information. I know you said they aren't responding but maybe give them a call? At my school it is quite informal and they simply send you an email once they have the results! I do not know how this works for international students though. 

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much!  Yeah, the communication has been really challenging so far.  I'm def hoping for one of the major grants in order to move forward.  I am Canadian but living abroad currently. Your time is appreciated and congrats to you and best wishes on your path!

Just now, CAVALE said:

Thanks so much!  Yeah, the communication has been really challenging so far.  I'm def hoping for one of the major grants in order to move forward.  I am Canadian but living abroad currently. Your time is appreciated and congrats to you and best wishes on your path!

No problem! What school did you apply for OGS through?

Just now, Dannigart said:

No problem! What school did you apply for OGS through?

Sure, no worries.  I applied to OGS through York and am on the SSHRC CGM alternate list.  What is your school, if you don't mind me asking?

6 minutes ago, CAVALE said:

Sure, no worries.  I applied to OGS through York and am on the SSHRC CGM alternate list.  What is your school, if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats on being waitlisted! I am waitlisted for NSERC CGSM at Lakehead and I also applied for OGS but they haven't released the results yet! I'm super honored to be waitlisted for NSERC!

13 minutes ago, FM8 said:

Anyone hear back from UOttawa yet?

Nothing yet. I'm an international student tho, not sure if that has an effect on the process or not

Edited by WakeUp

8 hours ago, Dannigart said:

Congrats on being waitlisted! I am waitlisted for NSERC CGSM at Lakehead and I also applied for OGS but they haven't released the results yet! I'm super honored to be waitlisted for NSERC!

Congratulations and wishing you all the best!  When are OGS typically announced?  I'm having a hard time navigating the Canadian grad funding system.  It feels very different from what I'm used to though I'm also honored to be accepted into my program of choice and also waitlisted for SSHRC.  Fingers crossed for us both! 

16 hours ago, CAVALE said:

Congratulations and wishing you all the best!  When are OGS typically announced?  I'm having a hard time navigating the Canadian grad funding system.  It feels very different from what I'm used to though I'm also honored to be accepted into my program of choice and also waitlisted for SSHRC.  Fingers crossed for us both! 

There is no "typical" date as each university releases their results whenever they're ready. At my uni they said mid-May sometime. 

18 hours ago, EduSnow said:

Waiting to hear back from UOttawa. I really wish they would hurry up so I can plan my life lolll. Anyone have any info on this?

Last year I got word from uOttawa (waitlist) on April 24th. In 2019 it was April 20th (waitlist also). So, I don't expect to hear anything until next week at the earliest.