CSU/SoCal MSW 2021

Martinez20

Hey all, I submitted my MSW app to CSUDH and CSULA on January 13 and have been nervously waiting ever since. I wanted to create a space where people can talk about any correspondence they receive from their programs so that we all have a timeline to reference and hopefully ease our nerves. :)

This thread is open to all MSW programs in the CSU system (or any SoCal program really) to vent or inform other people. I applied for the 3-year part-time MSW program at both CSUDH and CSULA and have not received any decisions yet. I will keep you all informed as soon as I receive any info tho. Good luck to everyone!

Hi there. I also applied to CSULA on January 12th and have not heard anything since. I emailed the dept. because it said “incomplete” in my portal and they said I should know of their decision by the end of this month. I also applied to CSUN and interviewed with them. I haven’t heard back from them. I just got an email yesterday telling me my transcripts were forwarded to the MSW dept. for their review. *fingers crossed* this wait is killing me! 

Hi everyone! I also applied to CSUDH on December 11. I got an an email this Friday stating that my application is complete and is being forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review. Wishing you all the best and will keep you updated!

I applied to CSUN and CSULA.  I had an interview with CSUN, but haven’t heard from either since. Apparently CSULA started sending out acceptances three weeks ago, but will continue to do so. 

10 hours ago, MizJ said:

I just got accepted to CSUN’s 2 year program. Check your emails ! 

On 3/16/2021 at 1:37 PM, MizJ said:

Hi. I just received an acceptance to CSULA ? I applied on January 12th. 

Congratulations on your acceptances!!! Any idea where you want to go?

21 hours ago, HelloHello2 said:

Got accepted to CSUSB, and CSUDH. Waitlisted for CSULA. Still waiting to hear back from CSUF, CSULB, and CSUN.

Congratulations. When did you apply to CSUSB? Have you gotten an interview for CSUF? 

1 hour ago, gk8 said:

Congratulations. When did you apply to CSUSB? Have you gotten an interview for CSUF? 

Thanks! I applied to CSUSB 2 year program and I applied on 12/22.

I did not get interview for CSUF yet. I hope I will get an invite for their 2nd wave of interviews. 

1 hour ago, HelloHello2 said:

Thanks! I applied to CSUSB 2 year program and I applied on 12/22.

I did not get interview for CSUF yet. I hope I will get an invite for their 2nd wave of interviews. 

I haven't gotten an interview for CSUF either. For CSUSB, I got an email sometime in early March that my application was forwarded to the department. Do you know how long from when you got that email to when you got a decision was? Thanks.

21 hours ago, gk8 said:

I haven't gotten an interview for CSUF either. For CSUSB, I got an email sometime in early March that my application was forwarded to the department. Do you know how long from when you got that email to when you got a decision was? Thanks.

My CSUSB application was sent to the department on 01/08 and I got accepted on 02/03. So a month after. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm still waiting to hear back from CSUDH. I sent in my application on the 15th of January. I didn't realize it Dominguez Hills is rolling admissions, so I'm getting kind of nervous since it's the school that I want to go to for my MSW. Did anybody else receive word from CSUDH? And when did you apply?