PhD / DrPh Fall 2022

38 minutes ago, Public_health_and_cats said:

I know y'all are mostly just here for results, but I love hearing about where you all applied and all the different programs. So I'm curious, what are all of your research interests?

I'm applying to explore how social and economic policies shape structural and physical violence outcomes among transgender and gender expansive populations!

That’s awesome!! I’m interested in the epidemiology of pain, knowledge translation/patient engagement in research, and guideline/clinical tool development for rare or evolving conditions!

53 minutes ago, Public_health_and_cats said:

I know y'all are mostly just here for results, but I love hearing about where you all applied and all the different programs. So I'm curious, what are all of your research interests?

I'm applying to explore how social and economic policies shape structural and physical violence outcomes among transgender and gender expansive populations!

That’s somewhat similar to what I’m interested in. I’ve been working on how access to HRT and other transition related medical care relates to substance use (specifically injection) practices among transgender people who use drugs. It’s something I’m super passionate about and hope to continue doing in the field and/or academically :) 

7 minutes ago, berriesandcream said:

Accepted: USC Health Behavior Research, UNC health behavior, University of Colorado epi, Yale chronic disease epi, JHU Mental Health

Waitlisted: Brown BSHS, BU Epi 

Rejected: Harvard Population Health Sciences SBS, JHU SBS

Waiting on:  NYU social and behavioral sciences 

Did you get an email from the graduate school of arts and science or an informal email for yale?

5 minutes ago, berriesandcream said:

The graduate school. They added the letter to the portal. 

Did they notify you by email or did you just randomly check your portal? and if so, when did you get the email?

1 hour ago, berriesandcream said:

Accepted: USC Health Behavior Research, UNC health behavior, University of Colorado epi, Yale chronic disease epi, JHU Mental Health

Waitlisted: Brown BSHS, BU Epi 

Rejected: Harvard Population Health Sciences SBS, JHU SBS

Waiting on:  NYU social and behavioral sciences 

congratulations. Have you decided on which one you going to accept or your top priorities?? It would be helpful for those on waiting lists!!

2 hours ago, DrPH Dan said:

Anybody hear back about the Bloomberg Fellowship? Or at least know when we will hear back? So excited to have been accepted to Hopkins DrPH, but this is a very expensive program ?

I’m also super excited about being accepted to Hopkins DrPH and also waiting to hear back from the Bloomberg fellowship. The email we received after submitting the application states March 2022 — so sometime this month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what track did you get accepted to? 

10 minutes ago, DrPH-Health Equity said:

I’m also super excited about being accepted to Hopkins DrPH and also waiting to hear back from the Bloomberg fellowship. The email we received after submitting the application states March 2022 — so sometime this month ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ what track did you get accepted to? 

I saw they mentioned sometime in March, but looking back from previous years, decisions came out pretty fast after the admittance. Having just wrapped up my anxiety of being admitted into a program, this next wait is amping me up once again. Every email is a skipped heartbeat! I was accepted into the customized track. What about yourself?

3 hours ago, DrPH Dan said:

I saw they mentioned sometime in March, but looking back from previous years, decisions came out pretty fast after the admittance. Having just wrapped up my anxiety of being admitted into a program, this next wait is amping me up once again. Every email is a skipped heartbeat! I was accepted into the customized track. What about yourself?

I hear that — the wait is agonizing! I was accepted into the health equity and social justice track. Well here’s to hoping we’ll hear very soon! 

48 minutes ago, GoingGlobal said:

I am still waiting on Tulane and SDSU/UCSD. I feel like I got a silent rejection from Tulane and I'm not sure about the other.

Which program at Tulane?  They were revamping their DrPH program.  The program director emailed me Friday letting me know that the applications are finally open.