How do/did you take notes in grad school?

Hello everyone! I'm starting grad school in a week (summer start) and I'm wondering how current and past graduate students do with note-taking? I tried typing notes in class one semester during undergrad and it didn't work out for me (slow typer and I don't type "properly" lol). I've been a pen to paper kid, but I'm curious about using an iPad and pen. 3/4 of my textbooks are ebooks this term since it was the cheapest route. One thing I would like to do is write on the pages of my ebooks. I also want to mention I'm a part-time student, 2 classes per term.

Looking forward to reading your experiences, etc :) 

Edited by Liza_Ann_92
grammar errors

I am thinking about getting a Remarkable 2.  I like the feel of pen and paper too.  Would love to know if anyone has gone this route.

Many people use ipads to write directly on PDFs of the slides, or use apps like Notability, which is great for working with PDFs. I tend to take notes by typing, often in GDocs or in the powerpoints we're provided in the notes section, but this is mostly because I haven't taken the time to learn a new thing as it's worked for me for years. I'm sure Notability and other apps offer much better solutions.

Also, if I know I'm going to need to make flashcards, I'll also take my notes directly in Quizlet (with everything set to private to make sure I'm not violating any guidelines). I like this because I can use what I do in different modalities and see what others have written as I go. They also have some game options for learning, which is sometimes helpful in breaking up studying activities. 

• 2 weeks later...