Planning Admissions 2022

6 hours ago, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

Rejected from UCLA. This ends my application cycle.

I have narrowed my decision between UT Austin and USC.

I have rejected all other offers. If you are on the waitlist for UT Austin or USC I will probably make my decision by April 8.

What was the deadline given by USC to make your decision? 
I’m just asking to know how much longer I need to wait for others also to make their decisions regarding USC. 

8 minutes ago, woketaco said:

What was the deadline given by USC to make your decision? 
I’m just asking to know how much longer I need to wait for others also to make their decisions regarding USC. 

April 15th.

Most schools have this deadline but not all. 

Here are a list of schools who have agreed to this universal deadline according to the "April 15th Resolution":

https://cgsnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/CGS_April15_Resolution_Feb2022Revision11.pdf

4 minutes ago, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

April 15th.

Most schools have this deadline but not all. 

Here are a list of schools who have agreed to this universal deadline according to the "April 15th Resolution":

https://cgsnet.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/CGS_April15_Resolution_Feb2022Revision11.pdf

Oh okay thank you! 
I knew I’d have to wait because I applied on Jan 30th which is very late compared to everyone else. So I guess it’s up to my luck now!

On 3/8/2022 at 12:36 AM, nacohhhhh said:

Just got into Pratt with a $28K/year scholarship! They also strongly implied that I would probably be able to get a GA position after enrolling (although from what I’ve seen, their GAs seem to just get a regular salary, not tuition remission).

While I still probably won’t be attending (it would still be more expensive than UT or UNC without funding), I’m just excited to finally get an actual big funding offer. They sent me an amazingly detailed note that referenced the personal details of my statement of purpose, writing sample, and even connected me to some professors I should talk to who share my interests. Very excited to look into the program more! Now just waiting for UCLA??

Hi! I wanted to know what was the deadline given to you to accept Pratt’s offer. I might’ve been waitlisted so I want to know how much longer I need to wait. :’(

1 hour ago, woketaco said:

Oh okay thank you! 
I knew I’d have to wait because I applied on Jan 30th which is very late compared to everyone else. So I guess it’s up to my luck now!

If you did not already receive an email concerning acceptance/waitlist/rejection decision you might want to contact the admission team. The April 15 deadline is the deadline for those who are already accepted into the program to decide if they want to accept or reject admittance into the program. 

1 hour ago, woketaco said:

Hi! I wanted to know what was the deadline given to you to accept Pratt’s offer. I might’ve been waitlisted so I want to know how much longer I need to wait. :’(

They said April 15. I’m deferring my acceptance there to next year, hope that opens up a spot for this year

40 minutes ago, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

If you did not already receive an email concerning acceptance/waitlist/rejection decision you might want to contact the admission team. The April 15 deadline is the deadline for those who are already accepted into the program to decide if they want to accept or reject admittance into the program. 

I sent two emails two weeks ago. Grad admissions replied saying that they have already completed my academic evaluation, now I just have to wait for the department. 

Then I emailed Sarah Esquivel and she said that my application is under review and I should receive a decision in the following weeks. This was two weeks ago so I don’t know what to think of it anymore. I don’t want to pester them but I don’t understand why it’s taking this long. 

4 minutes ago, woketaco said:

I sent two emails two weeks ago. Grad admissions replied saying that they have already completed my academic evaluation, now I just have to wait for the department. 

Then I emailed Sarah Esquivel and she said that my application is under review and I should receive a decision in the following weeks. This was two weeks ago so I don’t know what to think of it anymore. I don’t want to pester them but I don’t understand why it’s taking this long. 

If you do not hear anything this coming week than I would send a follow up email to Sarah.

On 3/18/2022 at 3:12 PM, Urbenthusiast22 said:

Hi Eric, I am a PhD applicant as well. I think the reply sounds positive—Actually, if you received a reply, that means something positive (from my perspective)! I know some schools have their funding decision making separated from admissions so that will certainly take a longer time. Not sure if that's the case with UMD. 

I once emailed to one professor that I'd love to work with and they replied basically the same (still making the decision, etc.), and I received an update very soon after their reply. Good luck with you!

Thanks!  This is super helpful.

41 minutes ago, TheTreePrince said:

Has anyone heard yet from Rutgers about funding? Hoping to make a decision soon but funding’s a pretty big factor to consider

I am still waiting on a decision from rutgers..... I have been emailing them and I kid you not this was their response: "Keep checking..."

On 3/20/2022 at 10:12 AM, Quincy_Taft_Coolidge said:

If you do not hear anything this coming week than I would send a follow up email to Sarah.

Sent an email to grad admissions first thing in the morning today and received a reply saying that my application is still under review and they appreciate my patience. I don’t even know anymore! Just here to vent my frustration 

ACCEPTED AT USC. Email from Sarah Esquivel. I’m finding it hard to believe ittttt. AAAAA. 

edit: she has asked me to submit my statement of intent via the portal by April 15. Did she mean financial documents? Because I’ve already submitted the SoP along with the application right? 

Edited by woketaco

8 minutes ago, TheTreePrince said:

Thanks so much! I think I'll send an email tomorrow asking if I should expect anything regarding funding, since that's a big factor for me. But definitely going to consider UBC and reject to open up the spot if not

Yeah I totally feel you, not getting funding makes things so hard especially in these expensive cities. Good luck!! Hope you get some $! 

5 hours ago, woketaco said:

ACCEPTED AT USC. Email from Sarah Esquivel. I’m finding it hard to believe ittttt. AAAAA. 

edit: she has asked me to submit my statement of intent via the portal by April 15. Did she mean financial documents? Because I’ve already submitted the SoP along with the application right? 

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

The April 15 deadline is just to accept the admission offer.

FIGHT ON!!!