MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

1 minute ago, MSWhopefully said:

Has anyone emailed Waterloo, York (advanced), U of T (advanced) to see when they are coming out with decisions?

I emailed Waterloo last week about 1 year and I was just told admission decisions will be available during March, posted on QUEST. 

8 hours ago, CaseyMSW said:

Hi, congratulations on you getting in! Can I ask where are you from and what delivery company dal used for the paper letter if you don't mind? As an international applicant, I'm really anxious about the mail because it is March and I still haven't heard any news from Dal(They don't even reply to my email). And good luck with finding more informaition about your situation!

Thank you! They used Canada Post standard mail.  I am from the western part of Canada, the opposite part of the country from Dalhousie ?

16 hours ago, tturtle said:

If anyone that went to Carleton could message me (if you feel comfortable) on how much tuition is? I have been finding conflicting info and I was just curious! Thanks so much!

I looked up tuition fees, and it looks to be around $7060.19 for fall/winter, and $3319.95 for the summer term. Together, that's $10380.14. It might be a bit different. This is including all fees except textbooks I believe. 

https://carleton.ca/studentaccounts/tuition-fees/ for reference

Edited by ESloan3

55 minutes ago, green highlighter said:

Thank you! They used Canada Post standard mail.  I am from the western part of Canada, the opposite part of the country from Dalhousie ?

I am also in western Canada (Alberta- please don’t judge me ?) my dal online just updated to accepted a few minutes ago so maybe check yours :)

Just now, veronica58 said:

I am also in western Canada (Alberta- please don’t judge me ?) my dal online just updated to accepted a few minutes ago so maybe check yours :)

Just now, veronica58 said:

9 hours ago, CaseyMSW said:

Hi, congratulations on you getting in! Can I ask where are you from and what delivery company dal used for the paper letter if you don't mind? As an international applicant, I'm really anxious about the mail because it is March and I still haven't heard any news from Dal(They don't even reply to my email). And good luck with finding more informaition about your situation!

Oh good! I am glad to hear that, I start work in one minute will have to wait until tonight to check will be practicing my deep breathing skills all day, it will be so reassuring to see that change!

15 hours ago, veronica58 said:

Can you update us once you hear? I'm guessing they just haven't processed our applications yet, who knows what happens behind the curtain :)

Hey! :) 

So I received an email this morning from the Faculty of Graduate Studies - super timely on their part! In the email, they informed me that I should expect to receive the admission email by Tuesday, March 8th.  

Bit more of a wait, but I’m just glad it wasn’t forgotten or missed haha. 

10 hours ago, CaseyMSW said:

Oh my, I really feel for you! That’s a terribly long wait with no answer yet. I received a very quick reply via email from the Faculty of Graduate Studies (FGS) at Dal, maybe you could try them? I’m also living in Halifax, so I received their postal letter pretty quickly too. I’m unsure about the delivery company, but likely Canada post I’m thinking? 

I just posted this haha, but the FGS said everyone should receive a letter via email by March 8th with their admission decisions. 

Best of luck!!! 

3 hours ago, sweetpotatorollgirl said:

Yeah! I did just hear back, and they said I should expect to receive the email by March 8th. I applied to the non-BSW 2 year FT stream! Did you apply for the 1 year then?

That is super weird! I also applied to the 2 year FT stream.. Strange, must just be an administrative blip!

26 minutes ago, EMWC said:

For anyone debating Carleton - I emailed Stephanie at admissions to ask for an acceptance extension and she let me know I could go ahead and accept and pull out on a later date if I needed by emailing her :)

Thank you! This is helpful, I accepted my offer to Carleton but if I get into uoft I’m gonna go as I live 10 min from there 

18 hours ago, stack said:

I am likely going to accept my offer to the 2-year program as well! I would be very interested in getting some sort of group together so we can connect before we begin next fall :) 

Me too! Id love to get a group chat started!