MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

1 hour ago, futuresocialworkerrrrrr said:

Hi! I got waitlisted this year (yesterday) to U of T advanced… do you know how often people come off the WL?

I'm not sure how many in total but I know about 5 or 6 people in my cohort received acceptances off the waitlist and decided to join the program! Most of the movement from the waitlist seemed to be in June - September as that's when admission has a stronger idea of who has committed to which program. 

On 3/2/2022 at 8:02 AM, green highlighter said:

Oh good! I am glad to hear that, I start work in one minute will have to wait until tonight to check will be practicing my deep breathing skills all day, it will be so reassuring to see that change!

Still no email…but yesterday early evening my online application status changed from”written notification to follow” to accepted!!!??

46 minutes ago, tturtle said:

Sure!! 

I have a BA in psychology (2017) as well as going to college to complete a social service worker diploma (2019). I have been volunteering and working pretty consistently since I graduated in 2017!
Volunteer wise, I went abroad and volunteered in orphanages, hospitals, and in schools, I did administrative work at a private counselling practice, I was a peer mentor in my community and at my school, I did day camps over march break, and was a child and youth volunteer counsellour. Since 2018, I have worked as a child and youth counsellor (same place I volunteered at), as a residential support worker in a group home, in addictions (specifically gambling), as a custody/visitation supervisor, worked as a painter painting community housing units, and as a career mentor for students. I also tried to do as much community engagement as possible such as joining student advisory groups, panels with the Student Commission of Canada, a student task force member, and getting super involved within my school with different clubs and student orientations. Basically anything else I could get my hands on haha. I also did a bunch of professional development so every certificate, workshop, webinar, license and training which came out to about 30+. I am also registered with the OASW as a student member. 

Thank you for sharing! You have amazing experience! Congratulations again❤️ 

33 minutes ago, SWKMSW11 said:

Thank you for sharing! You have amazing experience! Congratulations again❤️ 

no problem!:) and thank you, I appreciate it!! ❤️ 

2 hours ago, gradnotsad said:

Is anyone else an applicant to UofT's 2 year program anxiously waiting to hear back? I'm so scared of getting rejected, I've been wanting to apply since 2016.

Yes!!! I'm refreshing the page like a million times a day. Yesterday I got nothing done at work lol. It has made me even more anxious now seeing all the AS applicants get their results 

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and waitlisted for the UofT advanced standing program!! 

In the past were results from the the 1-year and 2-year programs announced at the same time?

7 minutes ago, marymary1 said:

For those who applied to advanced standing, check your Acorn account!

Yes I was just going to say this!! I (we?) didn't get notified via email, it was checking our ACORN accounts, here is the website: acorn.utoronto.ca! You should have received an email a few weeks ago from admissions (admissions.sgs@utoronto.ca) to make a join ID account, and that is your log-in info!! 

You will see that you've been 'invited' to the program, and there is a $500 deposit to hold your spot by a certain date or you lose the admission/spot! According to a friend of mine the emails are lagging and should come some time next week. My fingers are crossed for you all!!! ❤️ 

Edited by tturtle

1 minute ago, swk95 said:

I have heard back from Waterloo's MSW program--wait-listed. Last name begins with M.

Congratulations on being waitlisted! When you checked Quest did you click on "Application" under status and it showed the decision? 

2 minutes ago, Deena000 said:

Omg!!!! Mine says invited too and the $500 admissions deposit. Does this mean I got in?!?! 

I think so!! I noticed there was another post where someone explained the same thing and it seems like they were saying that that meant acceptance or at least that's what I got from it. If anyone can confirm this that would be amazing!! I'm still feeling nervous about it without an official letter. 

3 minutes ago, frances1022 said:

I think so!! I noticed there was another post where someone explained the same thing and it seems like they were saying that that meant acceptance or at least that's what I got from it. If anyone can confirm this that would be amazing!! I'm still feeling nervous about it without an official letter. 

a little more info on the U of T "invites" to the programs!! 

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-03 at 6.47.28 PM.jpeg

47 minutes ago, tturtle said:

Yes I was just going to say this!! I (we?) didn't get notified via email, it was checking our ACORN accounts, here is the website: acorn.utoronto.ca! You should have received an email a few weeks ago from admissions (admissions.sgs@utoronto.ca) to make a join ID account, and that is your log-in info!! 

You will see that you've been 'invited' to the program, and there is a $500 deposit to hold your spot by a certain date or you lose the admission/spot! According to a friend of mine the emails are lagging and should come some time next week. My fingers are crossed for you all!!! ❤️ 

Where on acorn do you go to see this?

13 minutes ago, CosmicVibes said:

I received the invite as well! OMG Can someone confirm this deposit was not on their account a few days ago? I hadn’t logged on before now! 

it wasnt on mine when I checked,  and then some other students at my school started messaging about it and I checked again it was there :)

9 minutes ago, makttrrr said:

Where on acorn do you go to see this?

it should be the first thing you see when you log in! On the finances side (right) you will see the $500 admissions deposit, and on the left, you will see the program you applied for and 'invite' in orange above it!

Edited by tturtle

I just checked Acorn and my status shows as "invited". Thank you to everyone who posted on this feed and shared your knowledge, insight and encouragement. Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and waitlisted so far and sending good energy to everyone who did not get in. As disappointing as it may be, keep trying and it will come. 

I applied to Wilfrid Laurier's September start date online program and their in person program as well in addition to University of Waterloo's program so I am still waiting to hear back from those program. 

My profile:

-HsBC in Psychology and French from UofT with 3.2 GPA

-BSW from Dalhousie University with a 3.7 GPA

-Approximately 17,000 hours of paid and volunteer social work experience

-One publication