MSW 2022 CANADA APPLICATION FORUM

On 3/5/2022 at 10:57 PM, SWKMSW11 said:

Did anyone apply to the in-person advanced standing program at Laurier? If so, do you know when we should be hearing back? 

Hey, I applied to that program as well. I just checked Laurier's website and they say that we should hear back this month (March). Best of luck to you!

On-Campus Programs: Full-time, Fall Entry Only

Program application deadlines are firm. Late applications are not accepted.

Full-time MSW Program Application Timeline
Program OUAC Application Open for Step 1 OUAC Application Closes for Step 1 Supplemental Documentation Due as per Step 2 Target for Decisions on Applications as per Step 31
MSW Advanced Standing Mid-October Dec. 1 Dec. 15 March
MSW Regular Track Mid-October Dec. 1 Dec. 15 April
MSW Regular Track – MDiv2 Mid-October Dec. 1 Dec. 15 April
MSW Advanced Standing – Indigenous Field of Study (full- and part-time programs) Mid-October March 1 March 15

April

1 hour ago, Mr. Grateful said:

Hey, I applied to that program as well. I just checked Laurier's website and they say that we should hear back this month (March). Best of luck to you!

On-Campus Programs: Full-time, Fall Entry Only

Program application deadlines are firm. Late applications are not accepted.

Full-time MSW Program Application Timeline
Program OUAC Application Open for Step 1 OUAC Application Closes for Step 1 Supplemental Documentation Due as per Step 2 Target for Decisions on Applications as per Step 31
MSW Advanced Standing Mid-October Dec. 1 Dec. 15 March
MSW Regular Track Mid-October Dec. 1 Dec. 15 April
MSW Regular Track – MDiv2 Mid-October Dec. 1 Dec. 15 April
MSW Advanced Standing – Indigenous Field of Study (full- and part-time programs) Mid-October March 1 March 15

April

Thank you so much for the information! Best of luck to you too :) 

i noticed you got accepted to uoft, congratulations! If you feel comfortable would you be able to share your background/ experiences?

Hi! I am an international student applying for UoT & UBC-O 2 years :) Still waiting for responses and have nothing yet :( I know UoT 2 years release offer around April, anyone has any idea on the UBC-O? Also worries because both seems to be very competitive programs!!

On 3/5/2022 at 2:49 PM, natt97 said:

Decided to go ahead and officially accepts UBC's offer, for those on the waitlist for Carleton there will now be another spot available :)

congratulations!!! :)

Hi everyone! 

Is there anyone else with the "invited" status and deposit fee of $500 on ACORN (U of T) who still has not gotten their acceptance email/status update yet? 

Also - if you feel comfortable sharing - for those who have been waitlisted - did it say "invited" on ACORN?  

4 hours ago, Amomilk said:

Hi! I am an international student applying for UoT & UBC-O 2 years :) Still waiting for responses and have nothing yet :( I know UoT 2 years release offer around April, anyone has any idea on the UBC-O? Also worries because both seems to be very competitive programs!!

UBC-O is on a rolling basis, so it seems like it depends on when you applied. They started releasing decisions in mid feb and will go until April some time. When did you apply? 

2 hours ago, hopefulsomehow said:

For people who have been waitlisted from UofT - did you have to print off the form to write your information? Or is there a way to edit the pdf? I am without a printer atm.

I downloaded the page and edited the pdf doc, saved it, then uploaded it to SGS.

20 minutes ago, jam22 said:

UBC-O is on a rolling basis, so it seems like it depends on when you applied. They started releasing decisions in mid feb and will go until April some time. When did you apply? 

I am also waiting to hear from UBCO so jumping in on this! I applied near the end of the deadline and have not heard back. I'm super curious! It's my first time applying to a MSW program and I did not realize how competitive the schools all are! I haven't heard of anyone getting accepted or rejected yet so when I found out they have Been accepting since Feb, I got nervous. 

1 hour ago, jam22 said:

Gonna jump in here as well. I applied pretty early around end of October. I received the "your application is under review" email on Feb 5th. Haven't heard anything back since. 

1 hour ago, Deena000 said:

Would anyone accepted to UofT advanced standing want to make a group?? :) 

I can't make the group, but would love to join + connect with others if someone else can make one for us UofT advanced standing folks ?