2022 Applications: Cinema and Media Studies (Film Studies)

ccbaxter

10 minutes ago, ccbaxter said:

Congrats on getting them all in! It takes so much out of you. And I feel you—the wait is awful. I don't think many things have rivalled my levels of anxiety over the past few days (now that everything is submitted and I don't have Christmas to distract me). I'm not looking forward to the weeks ahead with the slow drip of results. I just know I'm going to drive myself crazy with dread!

Best of luck to you! ?

Thank you! Congrats to you as well. It is not easy. Are you an international student like me?I wish you the best of luck! Things are gonna be perfect for both of us ?

1 hour ago, larama said:

Do you guys think there will be fewer applicants this year? I'm intrigued, because the Film Studies thread from last year had many more replies and people discussing.

I don't think that thread started to pick up steam until later in January when decisions started to come in, so we're probably just a little early. But I have a hunch that there will be somewhat fewer applicants this year compared to last. Probably still more than pre-COVID admissions seasons, but I think it has to have peaked last year?

3 hours ago, larama said:

Do you guys think there will be fewer applicants this year? I'm intrigued, because the Film Studies thread from last year had many more replies and people discussing.

Hmm, I hope so. However, competitive programs are gonna be competitive programs forever lol (sad but true)

Hi everyone! Has anyone applied to Film and Digital Media Department at UC Santa Cruz? 

A few hours ago, I was contacted by POI for a brief interview. I was wondering if other applicants received the same email as well?

On 1/13/2022 at 5:49 PM, mollyvalentine said:

Hello everyone! I noticed that people started getting interviews from UCI and USC. I am wondering if most phd programs require admission interviews?

I don't think that most of them, but some do. Take a look at the thread from last year. I remember that the University of Washington does interviews.

36 minutes ago, larama said:

It seems someone already got an interview with UCSB. Has anyone received anything? I'm super worried.

I saw that just now. I actually didn't know UCSB does interviews since nobody has posted info on the result page. I've also applied to UCSB, USC, and UCI but received no interviews. I am so anxious! 

Edited by mollyvalentine

13 minutes ago, mollyvalentine said:

I saw that just now. I actually didn't know UCSB does interviews since nobody has posted info on the result page. I've also applied to UCSB, USC, and UCI but received no interviews. I am so anxious! 

Yeah, I haven't seen any interviews to UCSB in the previous years. Sweating.

Hi all. For those who applied to the University of Pittsburgh's PhD program in Film and Media Studies and English, have you received an email via computational programming? It is a confusining email, and the second email said it was an error, but I was wondering if anyone received a letter from their POI?

14 minutes ago, andylee0427 said:

Hi all. For those who applied to the University of Pittsburgh's PhD program in Film and Media Studies and English, have you received an email via computational programming? It is a confusining email, and the second email said it was an error, but I was wondering if anyone received a letter from their POI?

I received that e-mail as well. I'm not sure if it means something. I hope it does.

18 hours ago, mollyvalentine said:

The comm program (USC) does not interview. I don’t know which program u applied 

11 minutes ago, mollyvalentine said:

Hi! I applied to the cinema and media studies program, and I think they do interviews. Not a good sign for me... 

hmmm! I applied to the comm program at USC. But keep calm, you got this! 

1 hour ago, mollyvalentine said:

Hi! I applied to the cinema and media studies program, and I think they do interviews. Not a good sign for me... 

It's possible that they only interview borderline candidates. I'm not sure if that's the case, but I've heard some people talking about this.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:59 PM, larama said:

who's getting interviews at UCSB? It's the second post on the results page. I've never seen UCSB doing interviews for Film Studies before. I'm going crazy.

I just checked the results page and someone got accepted on Jan 20. 

Edited by mollyvalentine