2022 Applications: Cinema and Media Studies (Film Studies)

ccbaxter

2 hours ago, mollyvalentine said:

I just checked the results page and someone got accepted on Jan 20. 

Yeah, I noticed. Just waiting for my rejection letter. Honestly I don’t know what I did wrong. I even had a LOR from a professor in the program.

Edited by larama

4 hours ago, larama said:

Yeah, I noticed. Just waiting for my rejection letter. Honestly I don’t know what I did wrong. I even had a LOR from a professor in the program.

Stay positive. Anything can happen. We are still in Jan, and the game is over only when the rejection letter comes. 

I know that most of the programs I applied to (CUNY, for instance) is not meant to tell people til March, so I have 4-6 weeks of waiting... but knowing some programs are starting to notify people makes me anxiously check my email 10x a day...

Hi everyone. I posted here and even made a thread a long time ago, but then I lost all my stored passwords and couldn't reset the one for this account for some reason... Oh well, at least I was finally able to remember it.

How is everyone? 

I'm pretty devastated that someone got an interview with UT today. I still have not heard anything. 

17 hours ago, vampireduck said:

Hi everyone. I posted here and even made a thread a long time ago, but then I lost all my stored passwords and couldn't reset the one for this account for some reason... Oh well, at least I was finally able to remember it.

How is everyone? 

I'm pretty devastated that someone got an interview with UT today. I still have not heard anything. 

I am sorry to hear that :( 

I'm hoping for the best for you!!

On 1/18/2022 at 11:23 AM, mollyvalentine said:

Hi! I applied to the cinema and media studies program, and I think they do interviews. Not a good sign for me... 

I don't know if you're referring to the MA or PhD program for cinema and media studies at USC, but I was accepted to the MA program without an interview! I don't know about the PhD track, however. 

• 4 weeks later...

anyone hear from Yale FMS? heard nothing since my interview 2 weeks ago so i'm sure it's an implied rejection, but I just wish they would put me out of my misery and send the official rejection... 

20 hours ago, je46 said:

anyone hear from Yale FMS? heard nothing since my interview 2 weeks ago so i'm sure it's an implied rejection, but I just wish they would put me out of my misery and send the official rejection... 

Hey! There's a zoom event tomorrow for new admits in FMS. There's a delay in sending out the official letters apparently.

5 minutes ago, nowhere00 said:

Hey! There's a zoom event tomorrow for new admits in FMS. There's a delay in sending out the official letters apparently.

Ah ok! Thanks for the info, so they've sent out unofficial acceptances then? Alas! I thought my interviews went well, but trying not to take it too hard because of course it's an insanely competitive program :')

Just now, je46 said:

Ah ok! Thanks for the info, so they've sent out unofficial acceptances then? Alas! I thought my interviews went well, but trying not to take it too hard because of course it's an insanely competitive program :')

I guess so? They invited me to the zoom event and I asked to make sure it wasn't a mistake and they said it wasn't, I should definitely attend, and the letters are on the way. So I guess that's an unofficial acceptance. Of course so many factors go into who they can take, especially with the joint department model. Making the shortlist is a huge accomplishment! 

2 hours ago, h2013 said:

How is everyone doing? I feel like bouncing off the wall these days waiting to hear back from schools!

from which schools do you still have to hear back? I'm waitlisted at IU Bloomington and waiting for someone to decline their offer :(

On 3/7/2022 at 7:46 PM, larama said:

from which schools do you still have to hear back? I'm waitlisted at IU Bloomington and waiting for someone to decline their offer :(

I am waiting to hear from Boston University, Columbia, and UCSB (I assume I am on the waitlist). My friend is waiting to hear from BU and NYU - she had an NYU interview this week. 

1 hour ago, je46 said:

Anyone hear back from NYU? Haven't seen any acceptances for the MA or PhD posted, but I know they were doing interviews for PhD this past week.

They sent out acceptances today for the PhD program. I got waitlisted. 

On 3/14/2022 at 7:46 PM, k2013 said:

Hi everyone. I am wondering if anyone here has made an official decision on where they will be attending gradate school? I am curious to hear how everyone's admission cycle went/is going etc. 

Hi! I ended up taking an offer at Yale's PhD in FMS. It was my #1, so I accepted pretty much immediately. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, larama said:

Hi, how is everything going? Have you guys decided where to go yet? Anyone waiting for watilist results?

Yes. I'm waiting from Univ. of Pittsburgh, but I am very worried that I might not get in :(

How about you?