7 hours ago, SLPwonder said:

I asked Vicki about this, she said the credits still count but the grades don't (which honestly sucks), but anyways yeah it would be 15/20 courses! 

Thank you for your reply, that is helpful! Sorry to ask another question about this haha, but does anyone know if Alberta counts courses that were retaken, like ORPAS does? I.e. if you took a course in first semester third year, but then redid it, would the first mark be counted?

4 hours ago, 2022slpplease said:

So the sGPA would only include 15 courses? 

It depends on how many courses you took in winter 2020. So if you took 4 courses that winter, ur sGPA would be out of 16/20 courses. If you took 3, then it would be out of 17/20 courses. If you took 5 courses that winter semester, then it would be out of 15/20 courses. so it just depends on how many courses you took! :)

41 minutes ago, hopefulslper said:

Thank you for your reply, that is helpful! Sorry to ask another question about this haha, but does anyone know if Alberta counts courses that were retaken, like ORPAS does? I.e. if you took a course in first semester third year, but then redid it, would the first mark be counted?

Oooooh thats a good question, I'm not sure how UofA would count that! Maybe shoot Vicki an Email! Or hopefully somebody else knows the answer!

8 minutes ago, pls_SLP said:

Did UofT add the interview component just this year? I could have sworn that it wasn't required in the previous years...

Hi, I don't think there is an interview component this year. You're right, there definitely was not one last year, but I haven't seen anything to show that it changed this year.

Hope that helps

Regarding U of A's omission of Winter 2020 credits, York's transcript indicates academic sessions as fall/winter or summer. There are no identifiers for fall or winter. Are transcripts from other schools similar? I'm curious as to how U of A would know which courses to omit, but also don't want to email them about it yet because if they don't include my 3 As from Winter 2020, then my subGPA would fall below the requirement ? 

On 2/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, pls_SLP said:

Did UofT add the interview component just this year? I could have sworn that it wasn't required in the previous years...

Hey, I did notice the interview subheading on the UofT admissions page for SLP. I'm not sure if that was added to the website this year or if I just haven't noticed it in past years. Based on what the website says, it doesn't seem like they will be interviewing all applicants. I also feel like we would've heard some sort of larger announcement by now (i.e. via email) if those are their intentions. This is just my interpretation though! I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

1824563033_ScreenShot2022-02-13at4_18_53PM.png.01d032bb2e2016a75544fe157bb72c69.png

Hey! Here's information from their website:

March 8, 2022 - MMI offers will be sent out ---- Please add sgswbsv@mcmaster.ca to your safe senders list to ensure that you receive our emails.
March 11-16, 2022 - MMIs take place ONLINE for 2022
April 1, 2022 - Offers of admission sent out 

2 hours ago, 2022slpplease said:

Hey, I did notice the interview subheading on the UofT admissions page for SLP. I'm not sure if that was added to the website this year or if I just haven't noticed it in past years. Based on what the website says, it doesn't seem like they will be interviewing all applicants. I also feel like we would've heard some sort of larger announcement by now (i.e. via email) if those are their intentions. This is just my interpretation though! I guess we'll have to wait and see :)

1824563033_ScreenShot2022-02-13at4_18_53PM.png.01d032bb2e2016a75544fe157bb72c69.png

hello! this component was always there on their website however it is rare for them to request an interview. Its more of a clarification thing if anything and from what I know, I don't think any of the students in my cohort were asked to give one! Hope that helps :) 

Is anyone else seeing in their U of A application under the "Documents" tab that all of their transcripts are now registered as complete and you can't remove/edit them anymore? Is that a good thing? 

Edited by ewdavid

14 hours ago, ewdavid said:

Is anyone else seeing in their U of A application under the "Documents" tab that all of their transcripts are now registered as complete and you can't remove/edit them anymore? Is that a good thing? 

Yes, mine are also registered as complete.

Does anyone know how flexible the MMI interview scheduling is? I have an opportunity to volunteer abroad from the 8th-14th...so if the interviews are 15-16 I could still do the volunteering, but I don't want to take the risk if there's even a small chance the 15th and 16th won't be available. I don't think I'll have great internet connection where I'm volunteering.

3 hours ago, SpeechieGracie said:

Has anyone's Dal application been updated yet? Mine still doesn't say they received my transcript, references or Resume, etc.?

I'm starting to worry and am considering whether to contact admissions.

Hey! I applied last year and they never really updated the online application portal with all the received documents. It's super weird, but you never quite know if they have everything or not. 

8 hours ago, SLPEventually said:

Does anyone know how flexible the MMI interview scheduling is? I have an opportunity to volunteer abroad from the 8th-14th...so if the interviews are 15-16 I could still do the volunteering, but I don't want to take the risk if there's even a small chance the 15th and 16th won't be available. I don't think I'll have great internet connection where I'm volunteering.

They do not reschedule unfortunately 

5 hours ago, SpeechieGracie said:

Has anyone's Dal application been updated yet? Mine still doesn't say they received my transcript, references or Resume, etc.?

I'm starting to worry and am considering whether to contact admissions.

Hey! I'm completely new to this thread and I just came across your question - I got confirmation from Dal this past Monday saying that my application is considered complete. They also said it is being passed onto the school's admissions committee for review and that I'll be informed in April at my email address about their decision. Nothing changed on my Dal application though - it still says things are outstanding ?‍♀️

I'm guessing that they may be making their way through all the applicants and sending out these confirmation emails! 

10 minutes ago, AnnaGrad said:

Hey! I'm completely new to this thread and I just came across your question - I got confirmation from Dal this past Monday saying that my application is considered complete. They also said it is being passed onto the school's admissions committee for review and that I'll be informed in April at my email address about their decision. Nothing changed on my Dal application though - it still says things are outstanding ?‍♀️

I'm guessing that they may be making their way through all the applicants and sending out these confirmation emails! 

Thanks for letting me know! I haven't received this email yet, but I hope it's coming. Hopefully you're right and they're just slowly making it through all the applicants. Did you happen to submit your supporting documents close to the deadline or way in advance?

8 hours ago, SpeechieGracie said:

Thanks for letting me know! I haven't received this email yet, but I hope it's coming. Hopefully you're right and they're just slowly making it through all the applicants. Did you happen to submit your supporting documents close to the deadline or way in advance?

I got an email on Monday about some documents lacking (mailing delay), so I think they're going through the list!

11 hours ago, SpeechieGracie said:

I believe I submitted all the documents (including the additional information form and professional resume) by January 8th and sent them an email trying to confirm they received everything before the deadline, but I didn't hear back from them until Monday's email