39 minutes ago, SpeechieWannaB said:

Anyone hear from the U of A yet? Or know of timelines for this year? 

Mine still says "decision: pending" and status "pre-screening" ? I'm curious about the timeline too but not brave enough to email hahah

Accepted S-LP and Audiology at Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia… I just cannot believe it. I haven’t work as much for something than to get accepted into grad school. It’s not my universityof choice, but it still feels amazingly great to know that hardwork pays off. I’m a black man that grew up in a tough neighborhood in Montreal and never applied myself in highschool and to have been accepted into grad school, I just can’t believe it. 

Stats: 

Bachelor’s of Education 3.93 GPA UQAM Montreal QC, CANADA 

150 hours volunteering with S-LP

Research Assistant at University of Montreal and McGill university 

Substitute teacher ESL at my old highschool. 

Now I have to worry about tuition and moving but still… wow … just don’t know how to react…

3 minutes ago, RLG77 said:

Accepted S-LP and Audiology at Dalhousie University, Nova Scotia… I just cannot believe it. I haven’t work as much for something than to get accepted into grad school. It’s not my universityof choice, but it still feels amazingly great to know that hardwork pays off. I’m a black man that grew up in a tough neighborhood in Montreal and never applied myself in highschool and to have been accepted into grad school, I just can’t believe it. 

Stats: 

Now I have to worry about tuition and moving but still… wow … just don’t know how to react…

Congrats!!!!! When did you hear back?? Also, what is the initial letter in your last name? Wondering if they're going alphabetically...

5 minutes ago, RLG77 said:

Stats: 

Wow ur stats are so impressive!! Congratulations!! Wishing you the best in your new journey! :) 

Edited by SLPwonder

Just now, SpeechieGracie said:

Congrats!!!!! When did you hear back?? Also, what is the initial letter in your last name? Wondering if they're going alphabetically...

THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!! It's G if that is of any help! Where did you apply? :)

Just now, RLG77 said:

THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!!! It's G if that is of any help! Where did you apply? :)

When did you hear back?? I'm so excited for you but also sooo nervous. I also applied to Dal and was really hoping to get in. My last name starts with M. I applied to Dal, UAlberta, UofT, Mac and Western

12 minutes ago, RLG77 said:

Stats: 

Congratulations!! Did you just hear back today via email? 

2 hours ago, RLG77 said:

Stats: 

Hey Congrats!!!???

Are you going go accept ur SLP offer or Aud?

This might sound strange, and hopefully nothing to stress about, but does anyone from UofT, who also applied to UofT see a second tab on their acorn profile saying 2022-2023 MHSC- Speech and Lang Path. I can't remember if this happened last year as well, so I'm freaking out a bit cause it's not April 1st yet. DM me if that's more comfortable for anyone.

13 hours ago, hopefulslper said:

For anyone who's been rejected from Dal in the past, do you know if they also let you know at the same time, or does that come later?

I was waitlisted last year on April 9th! But they send out emails all over the place. I think usually its acceptances first, waitlists, then rejections but I don't think there's really any way of knowing.