Fall 2022 Business Ph.D. Applicants

PhD22Plz

1 hour ago, Mr. Jameson said:

NYU Stern rejection. RIP. I ranked it behind both Yale and Columbia Ops so I dont really care other than it makes me feel like my odds for those programs are not as good.

Same for me. Other than Boston College the other 7 schools I applied to were more competitive, and I just got a rejection from NYU. I haven't yet heard anything from the others, but apparently was not in the first round of interviews for LBS. Thinking I might get rejected from the others outright but guess I just have to wait and see.

Yale rejection. Only business school i havent heard from is Columbia DRO, but im guessing based on previous years they already sent out interviews and just nobody reported it on results. 

Looks like it was not my year for business schools. Best of luck everyone

23 minutes ago, Mr. Jameson said:

Yale rejection. Only business school i havent heard from is Columbia DRO, but im guessing based on previous years they already sent out interviews and just nobody reported it on results. 

You’re still Ivy with Brown!

Unrelated, I pulled my U Washington app. I didn’t see a world where I pick them over Penn State/Georgia/Chapel Hill/Arizona.

1 hour ago, Mr. Jameson said:

Hi, I know that Columbia DRO has sent out offers.

On 2/15/2022 at 11:51 AM, JJ0114 said:

I got an BU offer last week. 

Hey! First of all congratulations on the offer! Do you know if they've sent out all the offers? I interviewed with them in the first week of Feb but haven't heard anything back yet. Do you think it would be a good idea to reach out to them for an update? Thanks!

7 hours ago, Vyndian said:

You’re still Ivy with Brown!

Unrelated, I pulled my U Washington app. I didn’t see a world where I pick them over Penn State/Georgia/Chapel Hill/Arizona.

Does this mean you've heard from Chapel Hill at this point? I haven't heard from them yet.

27 minutes ago, Vyndian said:

Yeah I have

Congrats! Part of the reason for my interest in that school, honestly, is that I think North Carolina is gorgeous. But guess it's probably out of reach for me this round. What specialty did you apply for? Also, out of curiosity, any sense of how the reputation of Chapel Hill compares to Boston College when it comes to research?

1 minute ago, Elf2019 said:

Congrats! Part of the reason for my interest in that school, honestly, is that I think North Carolina is gorgeous. But guess it's probably out of reach for me this round. What specialty did you apply for? Also, out of curiosity, any sense of how the reputation of Chapel Hill compares to Boston College when it comes to research?

Didn’t apply to BC or BU. Probably should’ve for the latter. Sorry, I don’t know much about BC. It does have a few good placements, though!

Yeah, U NC’s location and partnership with Duke is why they’ll probably win my signature, even if their stipend/package is a bit lower than the others I mentioned.

For U NC I apped to Strategy. The others I mentioned were all management. It has to do with some programs believing Strategy is sociology/social psych-based (what I wanted) and others believing it’s economics-based (what I’m avoiding).

9 minutes ago, Elf2019 said:

Did you get a formal offer from BC? Because I interviewed with them TODAY and have no idea how fast/slow they're moving!

10 minutes ago, Vyndian said:

Didn’t apply to BC or BU. Probably should’ve for the latter. Sorry, I don’t know much about BC. It does have a few good placements, though!

Yeah, U NC’s location and partnership with Duke is why they’ll probably win my signature, even if their stipend/package is a bit lower than the others I mentioned.

For U NC I apped to Strategy. The others I mentioned were all management. It has to do with some programs believing Strategy is sociology/social psych-based (what I wanted) and others believing it’s economics-based (what I’m avoiding).

Congrats! When did you interview UNC Strategy?

2 hours ago, microOB said:

Did you get a formal offer from BC? Because I interviewed with them TODAY and have no idea how fast/slow they're moving!

Congrats! And no, because I was interviewing this week as well. I know however that they're having a committee meeting next Monday and may start to reach out to people at some point after that.

12 hours ago, Vyndian said:

Yeah I have

Congrats on UNC! That's awesome! Also I know you mentioned the stipend being a bit lower but its definitely an affordable place to live so thats definitlely a plus!

7 minutes ago, Mr. Jameson said:

Congrats on UNC! That's awesome! Also I know you mentioned the stipend being a bit lower but its definitely an affordable place to live so thats definitlely a plus!

Lol, not you too! Maybe I worded the posts incorrectly.

No offer yet, but I don’t see any hindrances and they’ve continued to share all the details required for one.

1 minute ago, Vyndian said:

Lol, not you too! Maybe I worded the posts incorrectly.

No offer yet, but I don’t see any hindrances and they’ve continued to share all the details required for one.

LOL my bad-- wishing you the bet of luck. Regardless of what happens I think there is an element of fate to this whole thing and whichever places end up choosing you is where you're meant to be

8 minutes ago, Mr. Jameson said:

LOL my bad-- wishing you the bet of luck. Regardless of what happens I think there is an element of fate to this whole thing and whichever places end up choosing you is where you're meant to be

I hope so.

Hypothetical for you: would you do a predoc if Yale/Columbia offered it?

edit: as compared to just starting at brown asap 

Edited by Vyndian