2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

2 hours ago, EstherBritoAbrio said:

Hi everyone! I was hoping to ask if anyone had applied to Duke? I have seen some people posting about interviews

Applied to Duke too, but hasn't got ant news about interview......

7 hours ago, smallcrown said:

Fair enough.

If you don't mind me asking - What made you decide to take the accelerated Masters over the PhD in Georgia?

I wanted to reapply to see if I could possibly get into higher tier schools with a master's. Plus last year's cycle was brutal. I also have a partner who is currently in law school to consider. The accelerated master's was much closer to them. I really liked Georgia and their program. Their faculty was great, and it was a difficult decision. 

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard back from Northwestern University? They seem to have delivered some results in previous years as early as January 17 (January 19, for the last cycle), but I haven't heard anything from them until now.

Of the Universities I'm applying to, Northwestern is the one that delivers their admission offers the earliest (Texas at Austin seems to report results around this day too, but its page says that they expect to make offers around mid-February this cycle.)

Edited by Avocado_town

7 hours ago, EstherBritoAbrio said:

Hi everyone! I was hoping to ask if anyone had applied to Duke? I have seen some people posting about interviews

Hi! I got an email about an interview with Duke. It's seems to be specific to my subfield - Theory. The email says they're interviewing theorists, so I wouldn't be worried if you're in another subfield. Good luck, and I hope all of us hear some good news soon! 

I applied to Duke and GWU but haven't heard anything back. IR.

It looks like Duke also required GRE last year so its apps didn't rise significantly. This year for those requireing GRE, the # of apps will return to normal levels i guess; but for those optional, likely same as last year.  I also think the cohort size likely come back to normal for many schools. good news for us.

But some reapplying this year and more apps per person can add stress.

Edited by modesteffect
add more

1 hour ago, Anton1996 said:

Hi! I got an email about an interview with Duke. It's seems to be specific to my subfield - Theory. The email says they're interviewing theorists, so I wouldn't be worried if you're in another subfield. Good luck, and I hope all of us hear some good news soon! 

Thanks for sharing man!

3 hours ago, ShowroomDummy said:

@Avocado_town I applied to UT Austin too. Did you get an interview? I heard nothing from them, but I think someone posted in the results that they got interview.

I do not apply to UT Austin this cycle but one of my classmates was interviewed by her POI last week.  I guess she is very likely to be on the finalist.

14 minutes ago, zollllu said:

I feel like UCSD, UCLA, UCB, and Emory gonna start releasing results next week after checking the dates (often Tues/Thurs) from previous years......I am "dying" from anxiety rn ;((((((((

next week or so should also have duke, gwu, princeton... dont be on anxiety. always have backup

@modesteffect thanks dude - I can't believe that I have been having serious panic attacks (for the first time) for this application. 

And also replying to @honeymoow, I thought Princeton can release decisions as early as 1.25, but most results come in between 2.4 and 2.9; I am just telling myself this so I don't need to have one more layer of anxiety since Princeton is my dream school ? 

Hey @Fredphd2022 what is your classmate's subfiled? If you don't mind telling us, of course.

Also, I was expecting Princeton to make offers by the second week of Frebruary. I wasn't considering that they may make offers during this week (1/24)

Edited by Avocado_town
Mistake on date

38 minutes ago, Avocado_town said:

Hey @Fredphd2022 what is your classmate's subfiled? If you don't mind telling us, of course.

Also, I was expecting Princeton to make offers by the second week of Frebruary. I wasn't considering that they may make offers during this week (1/24)

Using this tool that someone mentioned earlier: https://martindevaux.com/2020/11/political-science-phd-admission-decisions/ , it looks like people have pretty consistently claimed Princeton acceptances at the end of January, at least in the last couple of cycles. 

Edited by bmo103

Hello, everyone!

I'm an international applicants. I've applied both political science and public administration PhD programs. 

I got an interview with University of Arizona last week. My concentration is public policy and management. Does any body also got an interview? Maybe the professors at admission committee just want to examine my oral English. But I think my performance at the interview sucked. (TAT) I am not sure whether I will get a rejection. They said they will release the offers at early Feb.

I also applied other following political science programs and my focus is environmental politics:

Northwestern, UC Santa Barbara, UC Davis, Chicago, Johns Hopkins U, CU Boulder, Maryland-College Park, Pittsburgh, Colorado State U, TAMU (Public policy and management concentration).

Besides, does anybody know where I can discuss the information of public administration/public affairs/public policy PhD programs with others? It seems that the guys at the "Government Affairs forum" all applies master programs.

Following are the public affairs PhD programs that I have applied:

UMich (Ford school), Indiana U Bloomington, Syracuse, U Washington, USC, Albany SUNY, Kansas, Georgia, Nebraska Omaha, Florida State U, Arizona State U, Rutgers-newark, CU Denver.

If anybody get news from those programs, please do share with me.

Good luck to you guys all and I hope we all can go to our dream programs!! 

Cheers!

21 minutes ago, JCX said:

@Tipeng Chen

I also applied for Northwestern, Maryland and Michigan. 

So far I haven't heard anything from them. But I have already prepared myself to get rejected by all schools I applied for!~ ? 

BTW, are you from mainland China?

@JCX Yes! I'm from mainland China, where I have my both bachelor's and master's programs. Good luck to you!