2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

Just checking to see if anyone has heard from/made contact with any of these programs: 

UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz, USC, UC Davis, Boston College, University of Michigan, Michigan State, University of Florida, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

I know this is a very long and stressful process, but it doesn't hurt to check in with y'all.

Best of luck to everyone! 

5 minutes ago, Paul123fasd said:

Hi everyone!

On the gradcafe results page, some ppl list their gre scores. Does anyone know if that score is for the verbal or quant section?.. It just has one score out of 170 listed.. 

Pretty sure it's the Quant score, I reported both when I submitted my result and the one that showed up was my Q.

1 hour ago, DanTheGrad said:

Just checking to see if anyone has heard from/made contact with any of these programs: 

UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, UC Santa Cruz, USC, UC Davis, Boston College, University of Michigan, Michigan State, University of Florida, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

I know this is a very long and stressful process, but it doesn't hurt to check in with y'all.

Best of luck to everyone! 

Nothing on my end from UC Davis or UMich. I’m expecting to hear back from Davis by the end of the month and Michigan by the middle of February at the latest. 

I just want something at this point, even if it’s a rejection. 

I was confused about why the forum was so silent... Honestly, by now, no news from Emory is the best news.

I started to feel like the UCB results log from last year is a scam since no one really claimed those offers around late Jan in the forum...does anyone know for sure someone got offers from UCB the previous year in late Jan? 

10 minutes ago, zoooxu said:

I was confused about why the forum was so silent... Honestly, by now, no news from Emory is the best news.

I started to feel like the UCB results log from last year is a scam since no one really claimed those offers around late Jan in the forum...does anyone know for sure someone got offers from UCB the previous year in late Jan? 

I checked my portal from last year and my rejection letter was posted Feb 7th. The timeline may be different for accepted students though. 

17 minutes ago, bmo103 said:

Nothing on my end from UC Davis or UMich. I’m expecting to hear back from Davis by the end of the month and Michigan by the middle of February at the latest. 

I just want something at this point, even if it’s a rejection. 

Yeah, I feel the exact same way. I want to hear back from every program at this point, but I keep telling myself that no news is good news cause it means we are still in the running. 

23 minutes ago, zoooxu said:

It looks like people were reporting acceptances in late January in 2020 and 2019 as well.

It could just be that they’re backed up for one reason or another. I have a bad feeling it’s gonna be another wonky cycle. 

15 minutes ago, ShowroomDummy said:

I just want one acceptance and then I can chill. The waiting and rejected days are starting to mess up my work and sleep sigh

lmao I stayed up the entire Monday night anxiously to wait for a supposed UCB offer on tuesday morning. I need something - even a rejection (jk

7 minutes ago, zoooxu said:

lmao I stayed up the entire Monday night anxiously to wait for a supposed UCB offer on tuesday morning. I need something - even a rejection (jk

That's really unnecessary anxiety. The worst case reapply next year with easier shot! 

On 1/26/2022 at 1:42 AM, DanTheGrad said:

I received an email from Boston University placing me on the waitlist. A little bummed that it is not a straight-up admit, but I STILL HAVE A CHANCE!!!! :)

That said, I know we are all waiting for more offers to come in before making any decisions. Still, if/when you decide you aren't attending BU (or ANY program), please let the program know ASAP so those of us on waitlists have the opportunity to join some fantastic programs.

May I know what subfield did you choose? Does anyone applying for International Relations of Political Science at Boston University receive any updates of admission?

Just checked UT Austin's My Status again and it shows a rejection... It was kind of expected, since I did not receive an acceptance mail earlier today and it was not the greatest fit regarding my interests. (The page says that they will not send an email notifying the rejection.)

I'm still waiting for other 12 universities.

Congrats to all the accepted!

Edited by Avocado_town

1 hour ago, JCX said:

@Gradverse

I also applied to International Relations at Boston University. But I haven't received anything from them yet. I can only assume that I got rejected since I already got 3 rejection letters!~?

Hope you can hear some good news soon!~?

No news is good news. Disclosed admission of political Science from BU are basically comparative politics/American politics subfields. Still have not seen any admission updates on IR subfields. 

57 minutes ago, ShowroomDummy said:

I haven’t received any email from UT Austin, and My Status still shows in review. Seeing so many people getting accepted or rejected is driving me crazy. Anyone in the same situation?

My status page just got updated. Check if they have updated yours. 

5 hours ago, ShowroomDummy said:

I just want one acceptance and then I can chill. The waiting and rejected days are starting to mess up my work and sleep sigh

That hasn't helped me so far unfortunately. As soon as I got my acceptances, I move on to worrying about the next big thing or the next decision lol. I guess we will have to lose some more sleep until the application cycle concludes.