2021-2022 Application Thread

Theory007

17 minutes ago, ShowroomDummy said:

Hi people! I wanna ask a dumb question. What does the "a/w/r/p" mean? I am seeing many of applicants on this forum writing this in description.

Not a dumb question - it took me forever to learn what it meant last year! It stands for the number of programs you have been Admitted to, Waitlisted, or Rejected by during the cycle. P stand for pending a response.

Edited by DanTheGrad
typo

Hey, y'all! Congrats to everyone getting interviews and acceptances! I'm religiously checking the Princeton portal, as that will likely be my first decision. I saw that some got notifications on the 25th last year, so just curious if anyone has heard from there yet? :)

6 minutes ago, mdalt21 said:

Hey, y'all! Congrats to everyone getting interviews and acceptances! I'm religiously checking the Princeton portal, as that will likely be my first decision. I saw that some got notifications on the 25th last year, so just curious if anyone has heard from there yet? :)

I have not heard back from Princeton yet. I hope to have news from Princeton this or next week.

I see we are both applying to Virginia and Michigan. I believe we should have news from them soon, especially Virginia.

3 hours ago, modesteffect said:

possibly. GWU is a bit tricky, tho not ranked high, it's geographically close to DC, which leads to lots of policy-oriented folks applying.

Yeah interesting point, GW is kinda strange but it seems like they are moving away from as much of a policy focus. They have had a decent placement record the last couple years. They placed a guy at UCSD in 2019-2020 which is kinda surprising judging just by rankings. 

1 hour ago, scared_phd said:

@modesteffect Random weird question: On your signature, you say "say no to Chicago & Columbia". What's the story there? Just curious lol

ah ...shootings in Chicago and colombia does not seem a nice department caring about students from my email exhange...

2 minutes ago, Paul123fasd said:

For schools that use apply web, does the decision letter get posted on the apply web website? 

Also, anyone heard back from Emory?

I was also wondering the same thing. A lot of people have claimed rejections on the results page but I couldn't manage to find an answer on how the decisions were received. So, if anyone here has answer to that, please do tell us. I can't for the life of me operate the apply web portal. 

3 minutes ago, ShowroomDummy said:

Sorry I have no idea how to quote people on this forum, so I just reply here. I received a rejection by email from Emory today. CP subfield, no update on ApplyWeb

You hit the 'Quote' text right in the message you'd like to respond to. 

1 minute ago, ShowroomDummy said:

Sorry I have no idea how to quote people on this forum, so I just reply here. I received a rejection by email from Emory today. CP subfield, no update on ApplyWeb

Thanks for telling us. For quoting, you just click quote under the post you want. If u wanna quote a specific part of the post, you can highlight it and it should show an option to quote selection.

image.png.fb08c24bc0d1c1bd0b18f3680de3624d.png

The forums were down for quite some time, right? Glad they are back up.

I'm claiming an acceptance at UT Austin - email from DGS this morning followed by a very nice email from another prof in the adcomm. I'm very happy! Great school and great fit there.

Also, I got nothing from Emory and I'm under the impression that at this point no news is good news - it seems they usually send out acceptances after rejections.

5 minutes ago, LatinAmericanFootball said:

The forums were down for quite some time, right? Glad they are back up.

I'm claiming an acceptance at UT Austin - email from DGS this morning followed by a very nice email from another prof in the adcomm. I'm very happy! Great school and great fit there.

Also, I got nothing from Emory and I'm under the impression that at this point no news is good news - it seems they usually send out acceptances after rejections.

I thought there was something wrong with my device. Good to have the forum back online. 

I also got accepted at UT Austin. Pretty much the same thing as you: email by DGS followed by an email from another prof on the adcomm and a few graduate students. A good program and a great fit for me. 

I also haven't heard nothing from Emory and Berkeley. Saw a bunch of rejection claims for Emory on the results page but nothing yet; hope that's a good sign. Desperately waiting for Berkeley ?