NDSEG 2021-2022

confessionsofaphysicsgeek

Yeah, from the sound of it, for the 1/31 2nd round updates, it sounds like it happened throughout the day (early to late afternoon). I wouldn't be surprised if those updates were done manually and these will be done manually as well. 

I have a guess, they may go alphabetically by last name, but who knows as well, the order could be arbitrary (like by DOD branch, etc). I think I'll try to imagine my letter will come in Friday EOD, that way I don't waste 2 days constantly checking. 

Just called them. She said acceptance emails are being sent out starting now. They have an "alternates" list and rejection list to send out as well. Seems they are going out mixed. I also asked about the Dod 2nd Round Reviews status update and she said she knows nothing about that because they never sent any updates out. 

Edited by brutalairplane0

15 minutes ago, brutalairplane0 said:

Just called them. She said acceptance emails are being sent out starting now. They have an "alternates" list and rejection list to send out as well. Seems they are going out mixed. I also asked about the Dod 2nd Round Reviews status update and she said she knows nothing about that because they never sent any updates out. 

Interesting that they know nothing about the 2nd updates. I wonder what in the system was sending out those updates then. 
I appreciate you calling them for more information!

1 minute ago, davidtorres said:

Interesting that they know nothing about the 2nd updates. I wonder what in the system was sending out those updates then. 
I appreciate you calling them for more information!

Someone else in this chain said they e-mailed the people responsible for the NDSEG fellowship this year, and in one response it was said that this meant moving to the next stage. iirc, someone else then also said that those updates in the system may not be correct (i.e. those without it may still be considered). Maybe this other person is just unaware? 

Just now, neural_tomas said:

Someone else in this chain said they e-mailed the people responsible for the NDSEG fellowship this year, and in one response it was said that this meant moving to the next stage. iirc, someone else then also said that those updates in the system may not be correct (i.e. those without it may still be considered). Maybe this other person is just unaware? 

Certainly, could be the case. I would be a bit discouraged if my application didn't make it to the second round, as I felt good about it, but I think for now we just need to wait till Friday.