NDSEG 2021-2022

confessionsofaphysicsgeek

Accepted fellow here. Anyone know where to find the "Fellow ID"? We need it to fill out the citizenship verification form, but I didn't see it on the acceptance letter, next steps letter, or application portal. Anyone know where to find it? Did I miss it somewhere? Emailed them but havent heard back yet

On 3/31/2022 at 1:36 PM, owobowoz said:

I called--they said that it's not in a particular order. There are a number of people assigned for a particular section/subsection in for each agency's BAA and they send it out manually.  

May I ask what number you called? This is super petty of me but I kind of want a formal rejection at this point, and I thought maybe calling them would help that along.

Fellow awardees - are you supposed to submit the acceptance form and then take care of the W9/citizenship forms afterwards? 

I got an acceptance email last Wednesday, filled out the acceptance form, added school info, and uploaded my notarized personal document. But then I got an honorable mention letter on Friday and was locked out of the onboarding process. I got another acceptance email today, but I can’t finish uploading files (I can only hit review/submit). I haven’t received a next steps form with a W9 or anything yet. Anyone else have similar experiences?

23 hours ago, MrMonkey789 said:

Fellow awardees - are you supposed to submit the acceptance form and then take care of the W9/citizenship forms afterwards? 

I got an acceptance email last Wednesday, filled out the acceptance form, added school info, and uploaded my notarized personal document. But then I got an honorable mention letter on Friday and was locked out of the onboarding process. I got another acceptance email today, but I can’t finish uploading files (I can only hit review/submit). I haven’t received a next steps form with a W9 or anything yet. Anyone else have similar experiences?

Haven’t had this experience, I would definitely reach out to them, sounds like an issue on their end. 

I’m curious where you found your fellow ID though to fill out the citizenship document…I can’t seem to find it anywhere. 

3 hours ago, Chemistrynstuff said:

Haven’t had this experience, I would definitely reach out to them, sounds like an issue on their end. 

I’m curious where you found your fellow ID though to fill out the citizenship document…I can’t seem to find it anywhere. 

They replied to my email today. Looks like I was supposed to be accepted - woohoo!. They reopened my application and sent the onboarding documents.

As for fellow ID, I’m not 100% sure. Maybe it’s the same as the application number (2 letters followed by 10 digits)? That’s how I interpreted it

32 minutes ago, whatta_nerd said:

Did anyone else get this email that me and my friend got? We thought it was personalized feedback (cuz of the spelling errors) until we realized we got the exact same email, what exactly are we supposed to get out of this lmao?

Image 4-8-22 at 1.26 PM.jpeg

I also found the spelling errors, the whole thing including the botched emails re-sent several seems like a joke at this point. I guess go through and use the process of elimination to see what could possibly apply to you outside of user error? "Reviewer's comment vs the ratings are not in sync" doesn't even sound like an us problem but a reviewer problem.

4 hours ago, whatta_nerd said:

Did anyone else get this email that me and my friend got? We thought it was personalized feedback (cuz of the spelling errors) until we realized we got the exact same email, what exactly are we supposed to get out of this lmao?

Image 4-8-22 at 1.26 PM.jpeg

I also got this today, I started sweating and probably went pale when I read that generic feedback and thought it was all about me. 

If Ford and GRFP can send out the reviewers' comments to all 20k of their applicants I don't see why neither DOD contractor can handle it. 

On 4/8/2022 at 6:30 PM, mikefromnj said:

I also got this today, I started sweating and probably went pale when I read that generic feedback and thought it was all about me. 

If Ford and GRFP can send out the reviewers' comments to all 20k of their applicants I don't see why neither DOD contractor can handle it. 

Same, I was very confused until I read the bit about it being generic. It's not helpful and poorly made... surprised they sent out an email like that.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...